BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Take your semantics elsewhere. We're not talking about converting gil to euros.

If a price increases, and the demand remains, gil is less valuable than it was before.
    FTFY. This isn't semantics, I'm not trolling, you're just wrong.

1. Something desirable enters the scene.
    2. The price of said desirable item increases.
    3. Demand of said desirable item remains constant.
    4. People require more money to obtain said desirable item.
    5. Money becomes more important.

Stop trying to make this an economics lesson. We're not talking dollar conversion, we're talking about needing more of your money to obtain what you want. The more money you need, the more desirable money is. This isn't complicated.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Because rdm/pld/blu can use ridill ?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    The more money you need, the more desirable money is. This isn't complicated.
    No, you just keep saying it and it sounds pretty good if you don't think about it.

The LESS money you need, the more desirable money is. If awesome items cost 200k each, a million gil would be amazing and extremely valuable. If awesome items go up in price and cost 200m each, a million gil would be useless and basically a joke - not valuable at all.

Remember when I said you're making this about semantics? You're making this about semantics. This discussion began with ignorant declarations of gil being virtually worthless, when in fact, if you have a massive wallet right now, you're either just as well off or better off than you were in the past.

Not an economics class. Very simple. Having a lot of money is no less important than it ever was. Period.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    Because rdm/pld/blu can use ridill ?
    Because WAR cant use the OAThrice magian sword Im guessing

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All I'm seeing is "I think gil is more valuable, and economics don't apply here." Facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    All I'm seeing is "I think gil is more valuable, and economics don't apply here." Facepalm.
    As soon as you can firmly grasp this crucial element, we'll be able to get somewhere. This has nothing to do with in-game economics. This has to do with someone claiming money isn't important, and my telling them that they're absolutely wrong. If you want to teach economics, find a classroom. I know how economics works, and it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

You're both wrong, you're both right.

Tsuko is absolutely correct that gil, in general, is as useful now as ever. You can still buy almost anything (even Emp items, esp emp items in the new zones) if the price is right, so people saying "lol gil is useless now" are just dumb and living in their own world.

That being said, people quoting economics are correct in that 1 gil is worth less now than it has been in the past. But really, Tsuko keeps saying he isn't talking about this, and HE ISN'T, so stop pointing out the sky is blue - we get it, we all really do, that isn't the point. The only point being made now is you can still buy af3+2, af3+1, non-af drops, and even emp items in new zones. Furthermore, I doubt it'd be hard to buy WoE coins for some still damn good weapons.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Gil now is useful to lazy people...nothing more. Everything in Abyssea is readily available to practically anyone. I guess selling stuff is good to stockpile gil to use it....only to be "OMG I GOT IT FIRST IM AMAZING"

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    That being said, people quoting economics are correct in that 1 gil is worth less now than it has been in the past. But really, Tsuko keeps saying he isn't talking about this, and HE ISN'T
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuko
    Prices go up, value of gil rises. Not hard bro.
    That's the part I'm debating against.

I'm with you on "gil is still useful"

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Gil now is useful to lazy people...nothing more. Everything in Abyssea is readily available to practically anyone. I guess selling stuff is good to stockpile gil to use it....only to be "OMG I GOT IT FIRST IM AMAZING"
    And this is different than it was in the past how? Gil lets you be lazy, or acquire things faster than you otherwise could. It's always been this way...

It's funny how badly I've wanted to win that 100M or a K Club for years, but now they go and stick Empyreans into Tier 1.... yeah that's a no brainer.

The real question is which one? I'll probably have my Masamune in a month or so if things go well so not worried about that... idk, I think the next update should make it easier to decide assuming the 90 versions start showing more unique traits instead of just more general damage stats. Barring that, pretty hard to turn down GAX or H2H...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4