1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

I think it can go either way.

What they could do is simply reverse the systems. Skill up for physical levels, exp gain for class ranks. At that point, I don't think it matters whether it's there or not (just like skill ups hardly mattered in XI).

But what I think is more likely is that they'll keep changing it until it's pretty much like XI exp gain. They'll just take a detour in getting there, which is a shame but in the end it'll probably work out. Same as with the Marketplace, pretty much.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    True.

But if you want to try something new, you pretty much need to be prepared that your ideas, most of them in fact, are not going to work as you intended and will need either tweaks or major overhauls in the worst case. Some more, some less.
    Japan, from what we've seen, typically does not do that, Hyan. That's the problem.

Seeing this, especially from SE, is like a first for me. I've never seen them admit to any problem or flaw in their design. This is a complete 180, but I realize that they've invested too much into this project to see it fail so early.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Good thing about the PC version is that they can easily distribute and market the game over time through digital distribution. Steam sales, free trials and so on. Most people don't have good enough computers to even consider the game at this point. If it's viewed more favourably in 2-3 years when mainstream laptops can run it well, they could gain a decent amount of subscribers over time. The metacritic score is a big problem, but re-reviews for PS3 version and expansions can alleviate that.

SayomiSassaki

I know that there is some problem with FFXIV right now. Ppl crying that its release to fast and all... but I prefer a game that I can play now with some problem that will be fix, and they will, at a game who never get out because they want it to be "perfect" and that they constantly need to restart because the technology is better then when they start creating the game... Expecially when you want to try something that others MMO didnt try, and ppl tend to do a FFXI VS FFXIV... if you really want it to be like FFXI, then stay with FFXI that's it, they cant just make a Remake of FFXI with better graphism, ppl who stop FFXI wont come back on it because there is better graphic so...

Like i said in an others post. The idea of putting the SP (who is not perfect yet) is to be reward for doing our job like it mean to be play, and probably so the ppl wont change there idea of a job (Like NIN finishing has a Tank when it was supose to be a DD and Debuf at the start) and not leeching exp in a party without doing anything like in FFXI when you could just Atk and wait that the mob is dead without doing any ability that could help the party. (Exemple : DRK who was in auto-attack, afk, and never used Stun ; Some RDM who was doing Debuff at the start, Refresh, and afk the rest of the fight, SMN who send avatar without doing ability...)

Because all of the above, I prefer there SP system, even if it need some modification like GLD who have split gain from Sword and Shield. Or that you do exactly the same fight and one you gain 100 and the other 300... but hey, the game was out for 2 month only, we still had FFXI one year later so there was a lot of bug repaired, like PS3 will have a better version of what we have now ^^

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I didn't know Canadian was so different from English.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Japan, from what we've seen, typically does not do that, Hyan. That's the problem.

Seeing this, especially from SE, is like a first for me. I've never seen them admit to any problem or flaw in their design. This is a complete 180, but I realize that they've invested too much into this project to see it fail so early.
    Every time their new feature had changed from the previous in XI, is them admitting there is a flaw in their design/it is not perfect.

XI game design was primarily like building something better on top of the previous feature, instead of going back and fixing the old feature. Sometimes the new feature might even fix the old feature, sometimes replaces it, sometimes they coexist. It was more rarely that they did change "old" features, but they started doing it a bit around ToAU, which is pretty obvious.

SayomiSassaki

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I didn't know Canadian was so different from English.
    What?

New Odin
    BG Level

Your posts are a pain to read, because your English is not good enough.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Every time their new feature had changed from the previous in XI, is them admitting there is a flaw in their design/it is not perfect.

XI game design was primarily like building something better on top of the previous feature, instead of going back and fixing the old feature. Sometimes the new feature might even fix the old feature, sometimes replaces it, sometimes they coexist. It was more rarely that they did change "old" features, but they started doing it a bit around ToAU, which is pretty obvious.
    You know what I mean, Hyan. They never said it. They're saying it now. Sometimes you just need to hear a stubborn person say that they were wrong. It doesn't change much, but you need to hear it.

ToAU was a dream come true in some respects, and yeah, they started getting it when the new team worked on ToAU, but SE still never admitted that some of their shit was wonky, and they were changing it. They just changed gears with the same happy-go-lucky PR spin on everything.

Then they released Campaign, and all was forgiven.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You know what I mean, Hyan. They never said it. They're saying it now. Sometimes you just need to hear a stubborn person say that they were wrong. It doesn't change much, but you need to hear it.
    I don't know, man. What is the problem then? Things get changed (while in a rather unorthodox way), whether they admit or not is rather childish thing to ask from them, and not something I would consider a problem in the slightest. The important thing is what they do, not what they say.

Sure is nice and all if they come out and say it, I don't deny that.

Her English is fine, and anyone saying otherwise is just being a fucking troll.

SayomiSassaki

Oh ok, wasn't sure if it was for that...

Well sorry about that but I'm french, and I'm doing my best, but I'm still learning ^^;

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Her English is fine, and anyone saying otherwise is just being a fucking troll.
    Yeah didn't want to come off assholeish, just pointing out the obvious!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't know, man. What is the problem then? Things get changed (while in a rather unorthodox way), whether they admit or not is rather childish thing to ask from them, and not something I would consider a problem in the slightest. The important thing is what they do, not what they say.

Sure is nice and all if they come out and say it, I don't deny that.
    I never said it wasn't childish; I said that sometimes you want to hear it. The important thing -is- what they do, and not what they say, and that's why I've been giving them a fair shake since that 4games interview came out.

That doesn't mean that I'm not pissed about how things have gone, but that's what you have other fun games for; like Gran Turismo 5. I won't even be thinking about XIV until March at the earliest, haha.

Edit: Ooh, French. Me like.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I canceled my account like 5 hours before this went up, can't be bothered reactivating for the free month

This game is bad and reading patch notes about improvements to equipping gear fails to excite

Sea Torques
    BG Level

read all the other patch notes, or.... thank you for unsubbing?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

oh right, they're making it so that when something hits you you target it, they're making it easier to see an item's Wear value, the map will track party members, it will be easier to give retainers gil, you can customize the color of log messages, they're letting you macro HQ items, letting you change leve difficulty after starting, reworking accuracy, adding auto sort, giving people 20 more inv slots, still trying to force players to like market wards, adding titles, and adding NMs

I must have forgotten how the plural of "boring patch note" is "incredible miracle patch". adding basic functionality to a game 2-3 months after it's launched has given me a raging hard-on!!!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are you thinking that's the full patch notes or I'm missing something?

New Odin
    BG Level

He is being Priran.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yes, how he feels is the only legitimate way to feel. Remember that, kids.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast