• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Supposedly the Rangers were on the brink of trading Michael Young to the Rockies last night to clear room for Beltre.
    According to reports here, the Rockies were just throwing something at the wall and the Rangers were listening. They did go to Young to see if he would accept it (Rockies aren't on his limited no-trade list, probably just courtesy), but nothing really came of it. Today reports have come out that the Rangers have told Young he won't be traded any where.

In other news, everything on Lee that has been collected here by Newberg has been a mix of head-spinning and laughable. To me there are so many "sources" out there saying so many different things that I pretty much have stopped caring since a week ago. Once some actual offers come down, I think I'll be interested again.

More interesting to me right now is that the Rangers are talking to the Royals about trading for Grienke. It seems to me that the Rangers will make a run at him regardless of how Lee goes down, but the asking cost and aggressiveness of the Rangers will definitely be a lot higher should Lee not land here. Right now, it seems like the Royals are asking for the moon and going after a couple of prospects we don't want touched, but a lot of things will change once the Lee contract is done.

We also seem to be shopping Chris Davis and Darren O'Day to the Cubs for a couple of prospects. If we can get someone to take Davis off our hands, I'm all for it. Love the guy, but he is a 4A strike out machine. Cubs, however, deny the report, so who knows.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Not so fast, my friend.

Olney reporting Konerko re-signed for 3 years/$37.5 million.
    There goes another potential Rangers target. Wonder if this will prompt them to actually offer Vlad 2 years.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Konerko's contract is supposedly 12/12/6/1/1/1/1/1/1/1.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    We also seem to be shopping Chris Davis and Darren O'Day to the Cubs for a couple of prospects. If we can get someone to take Davis off our hands, I'm all for it. Love the guy, but he is a 4A strike out machine. Cubs, however, deny the report, so who knows.
    I read this too, but with the Pena deal done I seriously doubt it will happen.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Frenchy signs with the Royals. Crisis averted for the Phillies.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yankees offered Lee 6/150, rofl.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Supposedly the Rangers were on the brink of trading Michael Young to the Rockies last night to clear room for Beltre.

Also, our boy Matt Diaz signed a 2 year deal with the Pirates.
    Pray you don't get Beltre. He's on my list to be one of the top 10 free agent busts this coming year.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Pray you don't get Beltre. He's on my list to be one of the top 10 free agent busts this coming year.
    Be careful about putting too much stock into the contract year myth. Seattle is a huge ballpark and Beltre didn't have a bad home/away split last year.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Crawford to the Red Sox for 7/142.

What an abomination of a contract that is. Have fun with that in 4 years, Boston.

He's not even a .300 hitter. He steals bases and is great defensively. I don't understand why he was so hyped this year. I really don't.

Uh, his career BA is 0.296 lol and above .300 5 of last 6 years. Its still a horrendous contract though, and its making me sick to my stomach that he will be a Red Sock. I could of handled anywhere but Boston and NY...ugh.

Happy for him, least he got the pay day he was lookin for. Can't hate on him...but god damnit dude go to the Angels instead.

Hrm, thought it was just .290 or .280 for some reason. Still that's just dumb. That's like paying Brett Gardner 25m a year.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    Hrm, thought it was just .290 or .280 for some reason. Still that's just dumb. That's like paying Brett Gardner 25m a year.
    Give it a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Give it a year or two.
    lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Guess there's no difference between the Red Sox and Yankees now.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Jb1210a View Post
    Guess there's no difference between the Red Sox and Yankees now.
    lol

Demosthenes11

oh god lol my cousin, a yankee fan, just posted on his facebook "i think im done with baseball, red sox are ruining the game."
    dead serious

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

After the way the Yankees swept Teixeira out from underneath the Sox, wouldn't be surprised if the Sox offer an extra year and an extra mil/year to Lee than the Yankees.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    oh god lol my cousin, a yankee fan, just posted on his facebook "i think im done with baseball, red sox are ruining the game."
    dead serious
    lul

Quote Originally Posted by IssacVS View Post
    After the way the Yankees swept Teixeira out from underneath the Sox, wouldn't be surprised if the Sox offer an extra year and an extra mil/year to Lee than the Yankees.
    They offered the year to provide Lee with leverage. The problem was they purposely didn't commit enough money for it to be considered a serious offer. The Yanks don't need to offer the years if they can offer the salary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast