1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 18 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Did I miss the announcement (which is possible) in previous update notes where they addressed if rebinding all keys will be in the November update, instead of just what they currently offered? (looking at you camera controls to the arrows) With all these planned changes updates coming out every week it's hard to remember everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    None of which were the issues I mentioned.

In an article specifically focused on UI, the two (arguably) most significant macro-related problems in the game should merit a mention, particularly since they had a section of the article devoted to text commands.

You seem to be implying that these are minor, trivial concerns that are easily ignored. They are not; targeting issues (one of the worst problems in this game) would be greatly alleviated if you could specify targets using macro variables, and being unable to equip/remove rings and bracelets via macro (the same gear that cannot be repaired by the repair NPC) adds a large chunk of time when you switch from battle gear to crafting gear.
    Dude, are you really this stupid IRL or are you just trolling? I really want to understand how you can still not get it. OMITTING SOMETHING FROM A LIST OF INCOMPLETE UPDATE NOTES, WHICH THEY HAVE GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY TO EXPLICITLY STATE ARE INCOMPLETE, DOES NOT MEAN THEY HAVE DECIDED TO OMIT IT FROM THE ACTUAL UPDATE. What.. the.. fuck.. is so hard to understand about this?

Now, despite all this, it turns out the problem is even more fundamental, as qpoiuwer points out just below you. You actually can equip rings with a macro, and so the only issue remaining actually was explicitly outlined in these update notes.

But even if they weren't, no. It's still not safe to assume that omission from a list of incomplete update notes implies omission from update. At least for those who understand what "incomplete" means.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So in your world, if they say nothing, at all, ever, about implementing a party search, it is more reasonable to presume that they ARE implementing it in the next update, than to presume that they aren't.

Even after they write an article specifically addressing improvements to party mechanics and improvements to the search function.

Got it. How unreasonable of me.

P.S. If I'm not mistaken, /equip l.ring "" does not work when you have rings equipped.

I think it's L.ring but I'm not about to log in just to check.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    You can remove and equip rings and bracelets with macros. The issue is that you cannot equip two items of the same name to different slots. But the update notes say right there "Simultaneously equipping multiple items of the same name to multiple slots with the /equip command will become possible."
    Thank you.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

That's correct - you need to capitalize the "L" and "R".

Actually you capitalize the L but not the R. Just tested a few minutes ago.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Haha, hilarious~!

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

...WTF, man.

The reason I have been unable to unequip rings this whole time is because I was actually following the capitalization syntax that SE provided. Silly me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lodestone
    /equip [slot] [item name] Equips an item to a specified slot.
    If an item name is omitted, the item currently equipped to that slot will be unequipped.
    >>Gear Slots: main, off, thrown, bag, pouch, head, neck, l.ear, r.ear, body, shirt, hands, l.index, r.index, l.ring, r.ring, l.wrist r.wrist, waist, legs, garment, feet
    And just in case you were wondering: body, hands, feet, etc. designations all work in either lowercase or initial caps. Trogdor strikes again!

Does it use capitals if you do /? /equip

I always use /? for stuff like that... I'm guessing that's how I figured out it was capitals. Otherwise, who knows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4