1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Let's hope they at least fix the Leves like the ones in Nanawa mines. It's fucking ridiculous how many leves there force you to go into rooms full of Red/Orange pus Gnats. Red even at 30. There is also one Leve with the Devilet bs that is in a room with Yarzons, Pus Gnats, and Footpads, all of which will kick your ass. The imp and his BS 1k attack (Without Shell) that never fails for me is bad enough.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I love how they always think that the use of alliteration will just spice everything on this planet up.

Edit: Are they (and other games) ever going to explain how all of these mobs aggro you, yet not enemy humanoids? It drives me nuts in games to see all these vicious, wild and untamed monsters pathing right next to, or in some cases, through an enemy humanoid. I know exactly what you're talking about, Arx, and that shit still pisses me off that its so constantly done in games. FFXII is like the last game I can remember that actually had a few different types of monsters fighting one another before you get there.

Why can some bandit roll around a sea hare or gnat without getting skulled, yet if they catch a whiff of my scent from half a block away, here they come?

New Odin
    BG Level

Actually, they did talk about a concept like that they had in mind. They said the same thing during XI.

Man up and do it already!

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Let's hope they at least fix the Leves like the ones in Nanawa mines. It's fucking ridiculous how many leves there force you to go into rooms full of Red/Orange pus Gnats. Red even at 30. There is also one Leve with the Devilet bs that is in a room with Yarzons, Pus Gnats, and Footpads, all of which will kick your ass. The imp and his BS 1k attack (Without Shell) that never fails for me is bad enough.
    Wait until you get to the level 40 leves and you have to stand still for 6 minutes in the middle of a room like that.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, the last thing that I want in this game is more effing goats following me around, preventing me from using AOE abilities.

That's another one of the horrible "innovations" in this game. Give everyone a pile of AOE abilities, then place low-level mobs in the middle of much-higher-level mobs that psuedo-aggro.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

The developers did say in an interview a long time ago that there will be enemy parties and that's what the picture looks like to me, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So they are reducing in game lag, but then adding monsters to increase in game lag? So all in all lag will be the same?
    No, I really kid, but i wouldn't be surprised lol

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

HD Fafnir is come?

Vuitton

a myriad menagerie of malicious monstrosities
    ridiculous excercise of verbosity

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Maybe it's just me, but the enemies appear to be making much more threatening faces in the second picture, like in the first they're just milling about, but in the second they're like "You got a problem buddy? We don't take kindly to your type 'round these parts..."

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the enemies appear to be making much more threatening faces in the second picture, like in the first they're just milling about, but in the second they're like "You got a problem buddy? We don't take kindly to your type 'round these parts..."
    The first thought that crossed my mind when looking at those was "what, all docile mobs now follow you around like Mandragoras/Hpemdes?".

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Didn't the male goats already do that? I remember watching them randomly running all over during Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    Well, they could have picked a better monster. As a Marauder I am no fan of billies.

I can already see a caption for these two pictures.
    "You ready Broad Swing"
    "Hi."
    Exactly what I thought and fucking lol. Cept in my case it's heavy trammel/leg sweep...

FUCKING DODOS AND GOATS!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Look in the background, more detail there. But yeah... what does it mean!!!!

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Didn't the male goats already do that? I remember watching them randomly running all over during Beta.
    All goats do that (dodos too, but less tenaciously).

It's annoying as f*ck.

Telliani

All goats do that (dodos too, but less tenaciously).

It's annoying as f*ck.

It's even more fun as I'm playing at BTN when I have 3-4 there. But they get kind of 'bored'. Walk off a little, get re-interested, walk back. I have 3-4 goats wandering around in a circle. and since I can't seem to find a way to turn down game sounds, it's this annoying constant *tap tap, walk through some grass shuffle* going as they walk through me and the tree.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You can turn game sounds down in the config, although sometimes it seems to glitch and work even when it's all the way down.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

... and everyone got wooshed by their before/after pictures joke.

before: chaotic/random
    after: order/thought-out

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Huh? That only makes sense as an explanation if the mobs perpetually stand still.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Way to take it far too literally.

They are implying that the update will use a bit more sense in determining mob spawns, and will be less chaotic, random, and thoughtless than it has been.