Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Looks awesome but why the random price? 9,980? Why not just 10,000?
    Gil to Yen exchange rate.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Further proof that FF14 is the best thing that has ever happened to FF11. All the horrible devs went to 14 and are currently making it fail, and we get the guys who were in the back burner going "Why can't we fix X Y and Z?"

I used to hope that 14 would fail, simply because it would force SE to re-evaluate how they make games, but I'm worried now if it does fail they'd come back to 11. Maybe 14 can stick around a while longer...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post
    Further proof that FF14 is the best thing that has ever happened to FF11. All the horrible devs went to 14 and are currently making it fail, and we get the guys who were in the back burner going "Why can't we fix X Y and Z?"

I used to hope that 14 would fail, simply because it would force SE to re-evaluate how they make games, but I'm worried now if it does fail they'd come back to 11. Maybe 14 can stick around a while longer...
    I completely and totally agree with this.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's amazing how true that statement is O.o

Anyway, 80 more slots without any hoops to jump though? Fantastic! Inventory woes solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post

indeed, it's ironic that while for FFXIV, a game they basically had to deliver BREATHING to be a smash hit, is struggling so hard they have to GIVE it away as evidenced by the second free trial extension they've been forced to offer. meanwhile when that team was released from XI to despoil XIV, XI has experienced a new renaissance giving us things like abyssea, this update, af3, magian updates, and a cavalcade of new and exciting content to keep players playing. in recent memory, the old dev team now on XIV gave us... ACP series ($10 for ACP's fetch quests or $10 for Abyssea's vast content, hmmm... which one do i feel cheated on...), mythic weapons, and countless other bits of tripe. the new dev team is really making an effort to "get" the players and understand what the PLAYERS want, not what a handful of people in their offices want, and deliver content accordingly.

Trigun

Well yea cause if the XIV peeps ain't paying they gotta tickle XI'ers to keep the dough coming.

Also... this will shut peeps up about -10 inventory with the Bonanza Marbles. ^^

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Adding 80 Inventory slots means i can finally take my BRD armor out of Dbox and throw it into my sack.

lol.

Sack.

anyway, I was hoping it'd be something like this, And I'm quite happy to see it! I was expecting only more items to be storeable (They added that too) but to get ~80 more inventory is just great for me :O

I can start lotting situational armor i may or may not use again!

Also, i was like, 4/5 Askar a while back and ended up dropping Head/Legs because i found out set wasn't storeable lol >.>, not like it matters, head/legs were (for me) Useless when i tossed them so no hard feelings =P

Edit:

Also

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...0094057061.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Maybe this means I can level a second job! People get on me a bit for using inventory as an excuse to not level another job - but I basically hate having to go to deal with mog locker payments and going to Bastok to get stuff from storage. Locker and storage are reserved for junk I have absolutely no further use for (like Optical Hat).

With just MNK alone, I'm pretty much always full inventory.

Meds: 12 slots
    Holy Water (1 stack), Echo Drops (1 stack), Antidotes (1 stack), Shihei (2 stacks of tools, 2 stacks of toolbags), Reraise, Food (usually 2 slots), Sneak (1 stack), Invis (1 stack)

3 weapons, 1 ammo, 7 head pieces, 5 bodies, 5 gloves, 5 pants, 7 feet, 6 neck pieces, 3 belts, 4 capes, 4 earrings, 8 rings, 1 linkpearl, 6 elemental NIN tools (for grellow !!), 3 slots for BS, KS and KCs, 1 stack of forbidden keys, 1 stack for WoE coins...

Comes out to 82 slots, which is too many - meaning I need to move meds to satchel if I don't need them for that fight... not to mention needing room for pop items. Granted, I could probably open up a few slots by streamlining gear a bit (do I really need 3 WS gorgets on MNK?) But I could also use a couple of PDT/MDT pieces I don't have yet... Bottom line is, it's a LOT of pain in the ass to change to another job with that much inventory.

That in mind, the best thing SE could add to this new feature is either letting you macro gear from satchel/sack, OR letting you swap entire inventories at once (one button to move entire sack to regular inventory and entire inventory to mog sack)... not sure PS2 limitations would allow for this though.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Maybe this means I can level a second job! People get on me a bit for using inventory as an excuse to not level another job - but I basically hate having to go to deal with mog locker payments and going to Bastok to get stuff from storage. Locker and storage are reserved for junk I have absolutely no further use for (like Optical Hat).
    What the fuck seriously? Just trade a stack of bronze coins to that shit and forget about it.

Can't dazzle with brilliance, Baffling with bullshit.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taube Teirn
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...862395789s.jpg

May Tanaka-san stay in FFXIV for a long time!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    What the fuck seriously? Just trade a stack of bronze coins to that shit and forget about it.
    You underestimate just how lazy I am...

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So how long until we're dying for another 80 storage spaces again?

I remember getting the satchel, and thinking how much of a godsend it was, and how I would never need more inventory space again, lol.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm happy, this was very much needed.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Even so the ability to store stuff like homam salvage nyzul and abj gear alone is one of the best ways to reduce your invo woes before even thinking of the +80 spaces.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
    Well yea cause if the XIV peeps ain't paying they gotta tickle XI'ers to keep the dough coming.

Also... this will shut peeps up about -10 inventory with the Bonanza Marbles. ^^

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    You underestimate just how lazy I am...
    Hell I'm lazy and my shit expires sometime in 2011.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    So how long until we're dying for another 80 storage spaces again?

I remember getting the satchel, and thinking how much of a godsend it was, and how I would never need more inventory space again, lol.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm happy, this was very much needed.

Satchel added Apr 8, 2009. At that rate, I'd have to guess ~12-18 months.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

holy shit, amazing

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

with gear that was previously unstoreable, and in incomplete sets? idk if I'm reading that right... waking up at 4am with 3hrs of sleep every night for work isn't exactly doing it for me atm, but uh.. holy shit. That alone would make my inventory feel a lot less... ugly

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah I'm not really sure what's going on with that. But if it involves talking and going through menus to retrieve items, I don't really see myself storing anything useful in there, although it would be nice to store some stuff that I just don't want to toss.

Although at this point I've already tossed most of it

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

80 slots is great. Storing things is nice. What would really help me out as a crafter is if they made crystals stack to 99. I realize there would be 3 day ban on selling crystals on the AH but come on. Once we get through the pain of the transition I think everyone would be happier. Would also make trading crystals for synergy easier.