Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wonder if any of them are sitting here going "They're EmpyreaN weapons, not EmpyreaL weapons"

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

well JS Atmas are a awesome idea . or even skill+ atmas maybe ?

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    well JS Atmas are a awesome idea . or even skill+ atmas maybe ?
    Thanks, I'll take my Rank 1 prize now SE.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll throw one on the pile. It's been the only request I've had since I got it: Fix Relic Weapon Skills.

For the effort, they are extremely underpowered. Like others have said, now they are in the shadow of the Empyreans, which is even more insulting. It's one thing to have to work so hard for a mediocre Weapon Skill that's out-damaged by one I got when I was like 60, it's another thing to see that the developers are actively working on other weapons/weapon skills and not fixing the ones that take way too much effort to get.

In the same vein... Finishing a Relic/Mythic Magian Trial garners no sense of accomplishment; it only fosters a sense of rage only someone wrongfully imprisoned in a federal penitentiary would feel upon their release. It's made worse by the fact that all the monsters relic/mythic users have to kill are also being hunted by a seemingly endless current of people doing countless other magian trials. And while I could join forces with them, the nature of the relic/mythic trial is not really conducive to "Group Play"; and there's no "Can I get the fucking kill shot with my weapon skill please?" in the translator making teaming up with people even harder still.

Never offer a complaint without a suggestion:
    1) Don't change the Magian trials for relics, so long as the final trials are reasonable. Changing them would only enrage those who actually did them.

IF YOU DO CHANGE IT:
    1a) Make it like the first Relic/Mythic WS trial (Do ws x number of times) Just eliminate the "Kill Shot" requirement. I would have rather had to do my Weapon skill 5,000 times than kill shot 2,000 mobs. Mostly because the Misses are that much more enraging. I parse 95% accuracy on a mob 25+ levels below me, but on a kill shot it SEEMS like it's 50% at most.

2) Repeating: Make the next Relic/mythic Magian Trials Reasonable, give the 85 -> 90 a freebe even, anything.

3) Give "<weapon> Skill +XX" in stead of Accuracy or Attack. Give Kikoku Katana Skill +40 on the next trial for instance.
    3+) a WS relevant stat would be nice too, but maybe overkill.

Hugs & Kisses,

Phraust

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Pay close attention to their choice of words. It says that the Community Team reads BlueGartr. The Community Team is very small: I think it's 2 NA guys and 1 EU guy, based on the information they gave us about themselves leading up to Vanafest 2010.

The article also says that they relay feedback to the "appropriate people". So the sentence in your post that I bolded above covers it pretty well.

Finally, note that this series of articles is called "From the Desk of the Community Team". It is not written by devs, and anything written in the first person refers to the Community Team member who is writing it.
    Surprised they have no JP representative in the Community Team. The JP community being left out? By SE?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Abyssea wise, the only things I can think to ask for is

1. Like T3 VNM, could it please be less hard to, you know, actually get Caturae?
    2. As you're altering the AF3 feet drops, could you change the boss popping Key items from giant chests to the ones from TIME pop NMs, instead of force pop NMs?
    3. Dark Miasma, where the fuck is it? Please increase the spawn rate.
    4. I've run out of things to merit! Time for a new category? Also, can the stocked merit limit be raised from ten?

Also, maybe adding a set of runes to moblin maze mongers, that let you flag weather in a run, for magian trials?

Cheese Sandwich request: Could Pankration be updated with WotG mobs/palette swaps/jobs? (slugs, gold scorpions, dnc plates etc.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Also, maybe adding a set of runes to moblin maze mongers, that let you flag weather in a run, for magian trials?
    This is a fantastic idea.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    4. I've run out of things to merit! Time for a new category? Also, can the stocked merit limit be raised from ten?
    I think they mentioned they would have something like this in store for lvl99?

Fire weather more consistent in the areas it appears.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Aha, now I remember my major request.

"Bullshit" aggro needs to die.
    Nobody wants EP to rise due to magian trials.
    But at the bottom of the level range, there are EP mobs that give exp, but DO NOT AGGRO.

THIS WINDOW SHOULD WIDEN AS WE GAIN LEVELS!
    At 90, maybe mobs under L70 or maybe 75, should be EP, but quit with the damned aggro.

Since we wishing for stuff:

1) Fix relics trials and/or dmg i spent 2years to get 1 just for it be sub-par

2) Anyway you can fix atma to show descriptions whitout having to select them or give us option to put them in category i have 3 pages of atmas and takes too long to search for right ones for specific cases

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Like most people said please make good on your word that relic weapons are the strongest weapons in the game. I have faith in SE and they will probably allow relic users to use the Empyreal weapon skill after some hard task.

I do recall a hint at some point about emp weapon skills usable by other weapons.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by onisama View Post
    I do recall a hint at some point about emp weapon skills usable by other weapons.
    I think they implied the WOE weapons as weapons that can use emp weapon skills.

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit View Post
    Since we wishing for stuff:

1) Fix relics trials and/or dmg i spent 2years to get 1 just for it be sub-par
    Dear Community Team,

Please relay to the Development Team that the trials for relic and mythic weapon upgrades should be adjusted. People have spent years to acquire their relics, mythics only to end up with level 75 weapons that require painful 1500-2000 kill shots per trial in order to stay competitive. The last few updates have changed the game to where end game is not as time grinding as it used to be. If this is what the development team has intended then the relic/mythic trials should be adjusted. Not just an update to where people in party of the same trial count, but an actual real change that is reasonable and not make people want to bang their heads on walls.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is by far Chilicheese's most hilarious screenshot:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1290395215

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Fuck yes. ^

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    This is by far Chilicheese's most hilarious screenshot:

Ahahah, god I havn't seen that SS in ages.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

hello. I really like abyssea, implementing time restraint was a good idea, now i'm really conscious about how much time i spend playing the game, used to just keep on going for hours and hours to no end..
    Don't lower Empyrean weapons damage-.- Nowadays, you join a good LS and all they make you go is a Mage, no relic no DD spot for you, make the multi-relic holder level whm!!
    i don't want to make a career of cheating, stealing, using people or buying gil to get a relic weapon, never did. or spend years and years to get one.....

i like the fast popping NMs and trigger NMs, and that for the most part they, even Tier2 NMs can be soloed / duoed.
    glad you think about little people, and ..um... can i have straw hat? \\(o_o)//

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I've always been partial to the one of the guy with the retarded boost macro.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hey Square make the next series of downloadable content or addons or whatever with brand new mobs and areas and I'll continue caring about your game for another year. Absent that I can't be interested.