Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm pretty much playing it like a ghetto monster hunter type thing where my goals consist of killing big baddies to upgrade my equipment with loads of materials. I love that shit. Ignoring the faction chat and people I sometimes have to group with is the best thing I decided to do.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsou...he_destrobots/

this looks like fun. glad i ahvent run into any yet
    Oh they removed GG? They probably literally had no protection from hacks before, now its all out field day i'm sure.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Oh they removed GG? They probably literally had no protection from hacks before, now its all out field day i'm sure.
    They seem to want to go to war with their own playerbase over this rootkit. They put it back in last week and immediately its pissing off the playerbase again. They disabled it AGAIN only to put it back in yesterday and cockblock the playerbase with the shutting down the game error. Really getting tired of their stupidity. I think its also causing corruption on my laptop as well its stopped the same time GG was disabled so dunno if its coincidence or not.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Level 50 patch today. Lots of cool stuff: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/...s-patch-notes/

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can now mail certain outfits, adornments, and familiar items to characters on the same account by using Outfit Delivery Stamps from the Hongmoon Store.
    Jesus Christ.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They're about 40s each

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

lol F2P how low you have fallen on that costume transfer

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cross account wardrobe would've been better but it really isn't that bad. Like I said a stamp costs about 40 silver. You make nearly 40 gold a day from just doing dailies before counting drops and crafts. It's a miniscule price that at the end of the day is more of an inconvenience than a major expenditure.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So what murdered this game? I've been playing for about 2 weeks and i'm really liking it minus how there is almost no one else playing and quest to advance gear are cockblocked by shit that requires other people. They removed cross server player matching for all green dungeons so yea either I ask faction for someone to carry me or I wait till I outlevel the content to progress my gear.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gold to premium currency and constant cashgrab/borderline P2W practices and general anti-consumer bullshit that is typical of NCSoft.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Wait, why did they remove cross-server dungeons? Wow

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Probably because they're too lazy/didn't know how to address people exploiting the loot system and/or bots.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

an MMO in this day and age without cross-server dungeons is DoA. There is no longevity in any single server to support that type of content drain as people no longer running lower level stuff, etc.. the fact they removed that function, no matter how much exploits were going on, is stupid. Fix your own game aside removing necessary features

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    an MMO in this day and age without cross-server dungeons is DoA. There is no longevity in any single server to support that type of content drain as people no longer running lower level stuff, etc.. the fact they removed that function, no matter how much exploits were going on, is stupid. Fix your own game aside removing necessary features
    Publishers have very little influence on this issue if they aren't also the development team.

Unless it's changed, these types of problems don't really exist on most Korean games because each player is tied to their SS# equivalent, and if you garner a reputation of being a hacker/exploiter, you get a general ban from all games because they can track that type of behavior back to the specific individual Most also play at game cafes, further decreasing the likely hood of shenanigans. There's little incentive for the Koran dev team to implement those changes if the game isn't a smashing success outside of S. Korea.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Kachiko is pretty much on point. Korean devs produce games for the Korean market first. The only point where he is a little off is that internet cafes don't do much to discourage any cheating/hacking. You enter your SS# mainly as a way for the cafe to verify your age, as there are laws that lock under-age people out of games after 10PM. It is usually a problem for me too, because they are set to only accept SS# that begin with 1 (male) or 2(female), and assume my SS# (begins with 5 - foreign male) is fake. Every cafe I have been to allows you to run whatever you want off an external HD or USB drive, though.

That said, B&S is still pretty popular here, and even has a tournament being shown on OGN, one of the two big e-sports TV channels here. Every time I turn on OGN it is either LOL or B&S these days.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Lol, I don't even start playing until after 10pm.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yes this is a huge necro, but NCsoft finally announced B&S will get the UE4 upgrade in June. This is suppose to be global as well.

https://bns.plaync.com/update/histor.../210304_update