+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

There are certainly some subscription MMO's that release content very slowly and aren't worth the subscription fee, Tera and Aion come to mind, Aion is f2p now and Tera will be next month, but they were both still very slow when they were subscription, looking at around 4+ months for major content patches.

But there are also cases of subscription based games that are updated very rapidly, Rift averages to less than 2 months per major patch, and FFXIV 1.0 was averaging about every 2~3 months for major patches (while also working on the completely remade game). FFXI seems to still be sitting around 2~3 months, but I haven't played that in years. Haven't seen a good english site with a list of B&S patches, but it seems like about every 2-3 months here too.

That's really not that bad to me, it's worth the subscription to me. Anything over 3 months and I'd start to get hesitant to pay a subscription.

GW2 hasn't really had an impressive amount of major patches yet, but the game is still only 3.5 months old. They had one content patch in November, then a patch in December that only included a seasonal event and bug fixes/skill changes (I don't really count this because every game adds seasonal events and balancing/bug fixing between major patches, they didn't add any permanent content). It's still young so it's not possible to accurately gauge what their update cycle will be like but it's not looking like it's going to beat the subscription MMO's listed above.

Cash shop games tend to pump out items for the cash shop in between patches, too, and if you're like me and want to have most or all of these items then that ends up being very expensive, pretty much always more expensive than a subscription fee would be. GW2 is a prime example of that, it costs a shit-ton of real money to get all of the seasonal items alone.

EDIT: I think we both just have completely different things we want out of MMO's, and that's fine. I'm gonna stop derailing this thread by talking about general MMO things and let it get back to B&S. I wish we had some kind of timeline at all for when this game might go into beta or get released... :/

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

5~8 man raids with tokens that you can exchange for gear from 15~24 man raids.

5~8 Man Raids: 20 tokens per completion + rarer gear drops
    15~24 Man Raids: 50 tokens per completion + gear drops

Gear 100 or so tokens a piece.

Everyone gets what they want, no one can bitch that they're left out. Make me an MMO dev

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    EDIT: I wish we had some kind of timeline at all for when this game might go into beta or get released... :/
    While it's just a guessing game at this point, I'd be surprised if it didn't see release this year. GW2 is really the only thing NC Soft has going for it over here (unless f2p Aion is doing well??) but perhaps they'll see it as direct competition to GW2 and hold off another year. /shrug

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I really wish korean dev's would stop adding gimmicky flying shit to their MMO's. Aion's flying combat was the worst part of aion by far, and it was basically advertised with flying in mind and the entire main PVP area was 100% flying when flying was completely imbalanced and negative fun unless you enjoyed being OP as a ranged class and face rolling every melee in the air.

This games "Floating" flying is another example, it looks cool at first then you realize the entire game will be balanced around it and you'll CONSTANTLY have to "float" fly everywhere for everything in the game, and it becomes 0 fun.

This game looked really promising, but between gimmicky "floating" flying and 24 man raids(Really? is this a game from 1998?), it looks completely garbage. I might try it out still if it's free to play, but 24 man raids in this day and age is just not what you should design as "end game" content, having to find 23 other competent people to all be online at the same time is less fun than sticking my head into a burning oven.

On the plus side, I love that gear is 100% cosmetics and uses a system close to PSO's, that is very nice and I enjoy making my character look as cute as possible and not being forced to reskin my gear with items, and instead can just swap between cute looking armors whenever I want. This is a system I hope all future MMO's follow.
    There are 2 ways in which you can fly in Blade and Soul.

Dragon Streams

Dragon Streams are the green streams that come out of the ground, and they quickly transport you to other places on the map. Just like in Aion where you go to a transport npc and you fly to another destination on the map. Or in Tera where you use the Pegasus. So they are just transport portals.

So while it looks like your flying it's actually just a linear flight path, from one part of the map to another.

But you can glide if you jump off a ledge/building or tree using QingKung.

QingKung

QingKung are your PVP skills. B&S's PVP system is almost cut and paste Aion's system. You have 2 factions and a ranking system from Rank 10 up to Rank 1 and then you have General ranks.

The higher your rank the more Qingkung skills you can get. You get your first skill at Rank 8, which is the wall climbing skill. You can use these skills in PVE as well, or to explore the map !

But there is a drawback when you use QingKung skills, they eat up your stamina like crazy. If you spam it allot in PVP or PVE you won't be lasting very long.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I really wish korean dev's would stop adding gimmicky flying shit to their MMO's. Aion's flying combat was the worst part of aion by far, and it was basically advertised with flying in mind and the entire main PVP area was 100% flying when flying was completely imbalanced and negative fun unless you enjoyed being OP as a ranged class and face rolling every melee in the air.

This games "Floating" flying is another example, it looks cool at first then you realize the entire game will be balanced around it and you'll CONSTANTLY have to "float" fly everywhere for everything in the game, and it becomes 0 fun.

This game looked really promising, but between gimmicky "floating" flying and 24 man raids(Really? is this a game from 1998?), it looks completely garbage. I might try it out still if it's free to play, but 24 man raids in this day and age is just not what you should design as "end game" content, having to find 23 other competent people to all be online at the same time is less fun than sticking my head into a burning oven.

On the plus side, I love that gear is 100% cosmetics and uses a system close to PSO's, that is very nice and I enjoy making my character look as cute as possible and not being forced to reskin my gear with items, and instead can just swap between cute looking armors whenever I want. This is a system I hope all future MMO's follow.

I wanted to point out that in B&S, they also have 6 man versions of the same raids. So you don't need to find 23 other people to do them.

The 6 man versions have no lockout, so you can spam them all you want. But the 6 man versions do not drop anything except for the last and final boss of the raid.

The main stat of a bopae can not be max out in a 6 man version, but the sub stat can be maxed. You also can't do the raid dailies to get the extra tokens.

So the 6 man version doesn't let you fully gear your char? You can't max out your stats, you have to do it more, and you can't do dailies so you get less tokens? Then you're forced to do the 24 man version...which is horrid design.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The design itself is fine, the way it's implemented is poor. Should offer the same quality of reward at a somewhat rarer rate, and less coins for less of an investment is fair, especially since you can do it more than once per day. People who can and want to do things with 20+ people should be rewarded as such, saving some runs to get all of your pieces of gear isn't a big deal, and if you really can't get that many people to do things with then having to do it that few more times isn't a big price to pay provided the rewards are even and difficulty scales accordingly.

As for dailies, there should exist Lite Raid versions of the quests that give tokens and whatever else at a smaller rate than the main raid quests as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yea that is how it how it is implemented atm...

But you do have that solo endgame dungeon and the new Labyrinth. The Labyrinth is that new 6 man, like the Fractuals in GW2, the highest ranks you can only do it with 4 man.

Here is a video of one of the bosses in the new Labyrinth.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I haven't updated B&S in awhile, the latest update the Arena's went live.

You can start Arena's at lvl 4, and you can join at any time 24/7, and as many times as you want. The Arena's are 1vs1 and 3vs3.

The ranking system is 1v1 and 3vs3 combined (which kinda sucks). You get 15 ranking points if you win and lose 15 ranking points if you lose.

You also get points (Arena points are called Beans)for winning and you get bonus points for winning streaks. You use the points for Dobok's, weapons, necklaces and consumables. There are also dailies to get extra points.

Alleriya in this video explains the Arena system further.

Some more arena videos

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Arena looks Godly. Game wasn't really on my radar at all but now I wanna play it bad. Fuck.

The PVP looks fucking AMAZING, I assumed at first 1v1 would be HORRIBLE but this games combat system makes it look incredibly fun and well done ;D Low damage it seems like, longish fights, all about skill/comboing. I like it a lot, wish there was a 2v2.

One problem though, is it true that the PVE gear is MUCH stronger than the stuff you can get from PVP? If so, that's mega aids.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The PVP looks fucking AMAZING, I assumed at first 1v1 would be HORRIBLE but this games combat system makes it look incredibly fun and well done ;D Low damage it seems like, longish fights, all about skill/comboing. I like it a lot, wish there was a 2v2.

One problem though, is it true that the PVE gear is MUCH stronger than the stuff you can get from PVP? If so, that's mega aids.
    As said; unconfirmed afaik, I get hybrid gear/wanting players to take part in many aspects of the game, but if you're having pve gear blue out pvp specific, then whats the point besides giving the playerbase a false illusion?

Glad to see the korean time restrictions fading out.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I am loosely following this game on the NA side, no new official news since Dec 5 or so sadly.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I wish the dude in that first video wasn't mashing so hard. That voice was pretty annoying with the constant 아직 사용할 수 없읍니다 (You can't use that yet)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ncsoft has been showing off the new emotes each race will be getting in the Feb. update.

New Kun Emotes

New Male Jin Emotes

New Female Jin Emotes

New Male Gon Emotes

New Female Gon Emotes

New Male Lyn Emotes

New Female Lyn Emotes

Enjoy!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    While it's just a guessing game at this point, I'd be surprised if it didn't see release this year. GW2 is really the only thing NC Soft has going for it over here (unless f2p Aion is doing well??) but perhaps they'll see it as direct competition to GW2 and hold off another year. /shrug

I would be surprised to not see it this year in the west as well. I don't know but something is wrong with Ncsoft lately. Maybe it was the whole COX PR disaster, but since December Ncsoft has been in silent mode. It's not even the west either, B&S China, SE Asia, and Japan have been in Silent mode as well.

Unless there is news concerning Korea, Ncsoft hasn't been saying anything to anyone lately.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    I would be surprised to not see it this year in the west as well. I don't know but something is wrong with Ncsoft lately. Maybe it was the whole COX PR disaster, but since December Ncsoft has been in silent mode. It's not even the west either, B&S China, SE Asia, and Japan have been in Silent mode as well.

Unless there is news concerning Korea, Ncsoft hasn't been saying anything to anyone lately.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...2%26sec%3Dtech

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Annoying but it'll come to the west someday...lol

Anyways Ncsoft seems to be taking a page from BHS and adding tons of exclusive Doboks (costumes)on the Cash Shop.

The first is the sexy lingerie Doboks for females.

Here we have the Angel set

Then we have the Devil set

Steparu bought the Devil one for his Lynn.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Copious amounts of want and "why isn't this here yet QQ"

Serious lack of stuff to waste time with that's actually fun to play.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ima hold out for this game defiantly. At the very least I need to try it out. The asian/eastern theme is a refreshing change from a lot of the medieval stuff that dominates most MMORPGS (not saying I mind this)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast