1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

oh man Tungi gloves.. forgot about that shit.

Also, all the lolsash stuff was after the Sundi wut stuff and pretty funny.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At the rate the devs are actually realizing the problems with XIV and actually addressing them, I may actually bother paying attention to it again around the PS3 release. Damn thing might actually be playable for me when that's out.
    (more-so since I'm assuming the PS3 release will run faster than it does on my PC)

And for good measure.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...iJoeLogo1a.jpg

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

In case anyone was wondering, the other half of the battle is having content in your game.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

An update notes thread without a troll post? Not on your watch.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm caught up enough to exp with you now Kuroki, albeit I had to leave the LS because I can't stand being in a ghost town every time I log on.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    -They were always awarded after an enemy is defeated.. does that mean the procs won't be shown anymore?
    -Discrepancy lowering is good, but it should be zero outside of rank difference.
    -Success for smaller parties also good, but I hope it remains that there is no hard 'sweet spot' like XI@6 since I happen to enjoy being able to roll with whatever is available without turning people down and be successful.
    While I agree with your point, I do think they need to make it so that a skilled party of 4 or 6 can do better than just grabbing 15 dumbasses and rolling in the xp.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A skilled party of 4 or 6 can already do better than just grabbing 15 dumbasses. The absolute best way to skill up right now is take a party of 4-6, hit the sweet spot camp of your choice where mobs are in unending supply, last long enough, and give enough skill per proc to smooth out some of the variance due to proc droughts, and then bring enough AFK people to auto-follow your party and boost SP bonus to obscene amounts.

Of course, that isn't really always practical, so the next best thing is to just not bring the AFK auto-followers.

I think one of the most important parts of this update note is that S-E provided a glimpse at how they quantify the stamina bar and stamina costs. It should provide enough of a foundation to start theorycrafting out the rest of the stamina system.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ninja edit?

The amount of skill points earned in battle is now determined by the enemy being encountered, rather than by the number or type of actions performed. As a result, players will no longer receive several skill points awards throughout the duration of combat. Instead, there will be only one lump sum of skill points awarded after an enemy is defeated.

Additionally, discrepancies in the amount of skill points awarded to party members of varying ranks have been reduced. For players of the same rank, this amount will now be the same, regardless of activity during combat. Together with these changes, the overall number of skill points awarded has also been increased, making progression easier even in smaller parties.

Good stuff

New Odin
    BG Level

Someone is out there, listening..

This better finally make the GL system worthwhile.....

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

good stuff

I wonder if this change will eventually lead to an increased availability of local leves of high rank. I always felt like maybe they were trying to do some weird trickery where due to the fact that crafting SP was guaranteed and consistent after every synth, you could earn far more SP on average from a high level local leve than you could from a high level regional leve, and in order to balance it out over the duration of an entire leve cycle they just intentionally didn't make many high level local leves available, instead relying on RNG to favor offering you lower level leves.

However, now that combat SP earned should be consistent, you can in theory do 8 regional leves on the same class, thus pouring 8 high-rank leves, now each gaining tons of SP, all into one class. And to balance this out with crafting, they would then have to allow the same sort of freedom on the local leve side. i.e. making it to where you can choose the rank, as well as the craft, so that you could pick whatever craft you wanted, say WVR, and always be able to do 8 high rank WVR leves per cycle.

Obviously they've said nothing about this yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see this change in, say, 4-6 months.