BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by AnsemGaga View Post
    Oh god, wow I didnt think that new emotes would excite me but it did.
    good job se
    Agreed. Assuming this hasn't taken time away from "real" content, then this is pretty win, and better than I expected.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Blatant Naruto Reference FTL, much as I love that show (JP version).
    It's not a Naruto reference... Naruto having Jiraiya/Tsunade/Orochimaru is in and of itself a reference:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiraiya

Read up, that's what FFXI is making reference to, plenty of Japanese stuff references it too.

Most of these are unexpectedly hilarious.
    THF,SCH and COR are pretty fitting, BLM is an obvious FFIX reference, as is SMN's with the various Chocobo summons in the past games.
    DRK is... a Dark Knight reference I guess?
    I never understood why RDM keeps being associated to red roses in this game (Death Blossom anyone).

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    I never understood why RDM keeps being associated to red roses in this game (Death Blossom anyone).
    Well, RDMs were always considered duelists, maybe there's some Utena fans at SE?

At Lvl 99, RDMs will gain the ability to change into cars.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Well, RDMs being associated with Sandy, knights/kings/castles and all makes me thing of the War of the Roses and Hose of Lancaster maybe. (stretching it but yeah :D)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gah....Port Jeuno on update day....nothing but job emotes.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nin > Thf > Blm are the best imo. Found whm's to be funny and I'll agree with someone who posted a bit above, a sam on a choco using it's emote would be awesome.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Heh, I never understood why people worry about stuff distracting development time..not everyone is doing the same thing, this is an effects team field for example, all programmers do is make it trigger-able and make sure it doesn't cast meteor and kill everyone online.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

God damn im so proud of the crew running the game now. as a DNC main, and a gun toting, bomb disarming, married to a blond, southerner, I GET FUCKING POM POMS. **JOYAGA**. I could have to kill fafnir 100 times just to get these. as 11 is my only MMO has anyone else played a game late in its life and seen updates get" better" over time? Like what seems to be happening with 11?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Gah....Port Jeuno on update day....nothing but job emotes.
    *Each job emotion must be acquired by completing a quest (minimum job level 30) before it can be used.
    It might not be so bad, infact, they may have implemented it as a quest specifically to alleviate that from being an issue. Curious to see how individual these quests are, like if they will be cookie cutter, each the same for each job, or if each job kinda gets like an AF quest thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    It might not be so bad, infact, they may have implemented it as a quest specifically to alleviate that from being an issue. Curious to see how individual these quests are, like if they will be cookie cutter, each the same for each job, or if each job kinda gets like an AF quest thing.
    "Go to south gustaberg and find a x item (with .1% drop rate) and bring it back to me" quest...

http://www.robotvsbadger.com/wp-cont...T-DA-POWAH.jpg

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm guessing this line wasn't there when this was first posted, and since a few people mentioned things regarding it:

"*Acquired job emotions can be performed at any time regardless of your character's current job or level."

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They certainly look awesome. The BLM one is going to be my default Mana Wall animation! PUP....well, maybe you use it when you Overload?

I wonder if these will be tied to some new low level abilities because some of the animations seems so odd for the jobs (i.e. energy wings for a dragoon?). Or perhaps they are just in there for fun and we're reading too much into it XD

Edit: BTW If you combine the new NIN emote with Mijin....DOES THE FROG BLOW UP TOO????

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Strifey View Post
    I'm guessing this line wasn't there when this was first posted, and since a few people mentioned things regarding it:

"*Acquired job emotions can be performed at any time regardless of your character's current job or level."

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
    Maybe i watched too much TMNT movie when i was little, but the thought of questing thf for ninja is epic. Ninja...VANISH!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

CORs can now settle issues with a flip of the coin! Love it!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    They certainly look awesome. The BLM one is going to be my default Mana Wall animation! PUP....well, maybe you use it when you Overload?

I wonder if these will be tied to some new low level abilities because some of the animations seems so odd for the jobs (i.e. energy wings for a dragoon?). Or perhaps they are just in there for fun and we're reading too much into it XD

Edit: BTW If you combine the new NIN emote with Mijin....DOES THE FROG BLOW UP TOO????

Clearly the Dragoon has jet packs to jump higher.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Blatant Naruto Reference FTL, much as I love that show (JP version).
    It isn't a Naruto reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiraiya

EDIT: I like how since PUP used to be the only job with specific emotes, the new one is them just getting really pissed.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Dragoon is from Legend of the Dragoon if anyone was wondering. At least that's where I think they got it from.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    The Dragoon is from Legend of the Dragoon if anyone was wondering. At least that's where I think they got it from.
    Well....I certainly hope they don't make a Rose animation where black diarrhea (yeah, I know it's absorbed energy!) shoots out of her behind....

Considering the day the dance emotes came out - Whitegate resembled some really cheesy scene from a musical where the entire street burst into dance... the servers are probably going to crash over these.

Mildly entertaining at least - and at least the pet emotes haven't reached BST pets yet - I keep dreading the day they decide to give us dancing crabs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast