1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Too jumpy on the hate.

Anyway, I think the anima system will be less annoying with chocobos. Will be a non-issue if they ever implement some lovely chocobo breeding. But assuming such additions do not exist: Return-free, Teleport within same area-1, Teleport to different area-2 = fine. Throwing cities being 1 if you want to be kind. Would work well with 6 anima a day and 8~ leves every two days. (Oh give the option to warp back to the adventurer's guild for free instead of Return for free after a leve.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

NM's only gonna be through levequests? Wouldn't surprise me

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    NM's only gonna be through levequests? Wouldn't surprise me
    holy shit do you not read anything that they ever post ever

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    holy shit do you not read anything that they ever post ever
    no, i just read "NM's through levequests." I was also being a bit sarcastic but you just jumped the gun

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
    This reduction applies to teleportation to the aetheryte plaza within any of the three city-states, as well as to any aetheryte camp set as one of a player's Favored Destinations. Up to three camps may be saved as Favored Destinations.
    Doh. No idea how I missed that. Chalking it up to morning eyes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    At some point they should just take away the Anima and make it a gilsink like the outpost teleports in XI.
    No. Currently the Anima-system rewards casual players, even offering gil income for those players. If it will just become a gil-sink, it's the opposite.

Vuitton

I think this is a great change. City teleports and 3 favorite camps of our choice are going to cost only 2 or 3 anima (depending on where you are)! That is amazing. I'll basically be able to teleport twice as often as I have been. However, this once again proves that nothing is going to be good enough for the haters.

New Odin
    BG Level

No. Currently the Anima-system rewards casual players, even offering gil income for those players. If it will just become a gil-sink, it's the opposite.
    Not yet. But sometime down the road, when even the casuals have enough income to make teleporting with money better than the slowly regening Anima.

I just want the option to have infinite teleports as long as you have enough X(money, silverpiece) someday. Just like with OP teles.

Of course they could make Anima function like conquest points or something. Either way they should get the chocobos out of the way first of all.

Vuitton

I don't think SE wants infinite teleports. Defeats the purpose of a large world and simultaneiously makes chocobos and airships obsolete. Why take a chocobo or airship when you have unlimited teleports? The teleport system is supposed to be a supplement to other travel systems. The problem is there aren't any other travel systems in place yet. If there were other ways to travel I bet bitching about anima would subside by quite a large amount.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

My only concern is how we set a favorite point. If we can set favorites from the menu then this will help out quite a bit but if we have to run to a camp to set it as a favorite then it doesn't help much unless you plan on going to that camp a ton.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    My only concern is how we set a favorite point. If we can set favorites from the menu then this will help out quite a bit but if we have to run to a camp to set it as a favorite then it doesn't help much unless you plan on going to that camp a ton.
    Think of it as a one-time fee. There has to be a limitation put on setting favorites, otherwise you'd just change your favorites every time you wanted to teleport. So you have to run to the camp once to set it (or use anima), after that you reap the benefits. You're supposed to choose camps you use often (aka your favorite camps to use).

I'll personally probably choose the 3 camps to be at least 1 camp away from the cities. So horizon, tranquil, and bloodshore. Then change them out as I rank up and move onto the next tier of camps.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    I don't think SE wants infinite teleports. Defeats the purpose of a large world and simultaneiously makes chocobos and airships obsolete.
    Yeah that is absolutely true. But it is why I suggested just one camp per region to be changed this way, so you will always have a chance to teleport to any region at any time, but other than that you need more forms of transportation (or Anima).

It's like the OP system in XI but you would also have this extra layer added onto it where you could teleport to a more specific place in the region (with limitations).

Anyone who thinks infinite teleports are a good idea is a complete retard, and would make an awful game designer. You can't just have people teleporting wherever they want, whenever they want. And before someone responds "why not?", this is one of those "if you have to ask, then you'll never know" type of situations.

I think this will go a long way to resolving some of the issues. Chocobos would also help.

Between blood ports and 3-anima teleports to all major cities and the important camps, not only will it be cheaper for you to teleport places whenever you want, it will also be easier to find people selling teleports for the times when it's too expensive.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Think of it as a one-time fee. There has to be a limitation put on setting favorites, otherwise you'd just change your favorites every time you wanted to teleport. So you have to run to the camp once to set it (or use anima), after that you reap the benefits. You're supposed to choose camps you use often (aka your favorite camps to use).
    Actually now that I think about it this system barely changes anything. If anima still recharges at the rate of 6 per day then you can only use 2 city teleports or 2 favored camp teleports between regions before you start to go over your "daily limit". If you're focusing on one job for regional leves you have to go to multiple towns to pick up leves and there are no benefits to reap from setting a favorite spot until you get to the point where you can get more than 3 leves from one town for your level range. All this change is doing now is medicating the problem and will just make it take longer for people to hit 0 anima.

I understand the need of some limits and all but looking at the long run this change is only a small step by itself and SE needs to hurry up and implement alternative forms of transportation soon.

New Odin
    BG Level

I hope whatever extra function(s) they're planning for chocobos is worth the extra wait.

Vuitton

Actually now that I think about it this system barely changes anything. If anima still recharges at the rate of 6 per day then you can only use 2 city teleports or 2 favored camp teleports between regions before you start to go over your "daily limit". If you're focusing on one job for regional leves you have to go to multiple towns to pick up leves and there are no benefits to reap from setting a favorite spot until you get to the point where you can get more than 3 leves from one town for your level range. All this change is doing now is medicating the problem and will just make it take longer for people to hit 0 anima.

I understand the need of some limits and all but looking at the long run this change is only a small step by itself and SE needs to hurry up and implement alternative forms of transportation soon.
    Barely changes anything? It ranges from a 200% to 300% increase depending on where you teleport. You could only sustainably teleport once a day if it cost 6 anima. Now you can sustainably teleport twice a day if the teleport costs 3 anima. If the teleport costs 2 anima then you're looking at 3 teleports a day. This change doubles or triples the amount you can teleport sustainably.

In addition, if you only use 3 or 4 anima for the day (1 or 2 teleports) then you're still going to be regening 2-3 anima at the end of the day. Allowing you to teleport around and still regen some anima.

I think that the reduction is fine. If there's to be a gil sink, make it so that if you run out of anima, you can pay some form of currency to refill it (like 1k gil per anima).

The changes definitely encourage going to other cities to do leves. For about 2 weeks I was hovering at about 30-50 anima only staying in uldah for the most part.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think this is a great change. City teleports and 3 favorite camps of our choice are going to cost only 2 or 3 anima (depending on where you are)! That is amazing. I'll basically be able to teleport twice as often as I have been. However, this once again proves that nothing is going to be good enough for the haters.
    My thoughts exactly.

SayomiSassaki

Actually now that I think about it this system barely changes anything. If anima still recharges at the rate of 6 per day then you can only use 2 city teleports or 2 favored camp teleports between regions before you start to go over your "daily limit".
    Right now it cost 2 Anima to Return somewhere, so if you have 3 Favorite camp, you will be able to Return there for only 1 anima. If so, you can teleport to your favorite camp 6 times a day instead of using 6 anima for only 1 teleport. If you really use a City often, you can save anima by Favored the camp next to it since they are not to far away from the city.

~~~~~~~~~~

I like the idea about Favored a camp, but right now when we "click" on a crystal we are bound to it (for the Return) so I'm wondering when we will died in a Leves, if we will Return at the crystal were we get the Leves or to the one we Favored.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Barely changes anything? It ranges from a 200% to 300% increase depending on where you teleport. You could only sustainably teleport once a day if it cost 6 anima. Now you can sustainably teleport twice a day if the teleport costs 3 anima. If the teleport costs 2 anima then you're looking at 3 teleports a day. This change doubles or triples the amount you can teleport sustainably.

In addition, if you only use 3 or 4 anima for the day (1 or 2 teleports) then you're still going to be regening 2-3 anima at the end of the day. Allowing you to teleport around and still regen some anima.
    I know that being able to teleport to 2 out of the 3 cities each day is better than before as I used to run between Ul'dah and Grid constantly to save anima but it's really not that much better. 2 teleports between regions, which would honestly be the best use of anima, is still not a lot and leaves you to do a decent amount of leg work if you're trying to conserve anima. It's a matter of perspective and opinion but I still don't see this as a good long term solution to the transportation problem.

Right now it cost 2 Anima to Return somewhere, so if you have 3 Favorite camp, you will be able to Return there for only 1 anima. If so, you can teleport to your favorite camp 6 times a day instead of using 6 anima for only 1 teleport. If you really use a City often, you can save anima by Favored the camp next to it since they are not to far away from the city.
    It says nowhere in the notes that favored camps cost only 1 anima and that you can use Return to travel to them. As far as we can tell you're automatically set to the last crystal you touch as your return point which leaves Return as a useless method of teleporting for the most part.