1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post

You know rather than make a real death penalty for dying. You know what SE could do? Make it so when you die you can only return to the nearest camp or gate. (Just like World of Warcraft!)

And maybe put a cooldown of 30 minutes on non-death returns.
    And the game would benefit from this because? If the reason is balance, that already went out of the window when they came up with the game's class system.

A death penalty wouldn't please players in the least and would go against SE's strategy to keep FFXIV running (read: turning the game into an easymode so people can progress faster).
    Instead of putting glaringly obvious timesinks they should think about players busy in more constructive ways. If they can't do that, why does this game exist in the first place.

As I said, the 1 anima cost for using Return itself is no big deal, but it adds to the pile of problems this game has and it would have been so easy to just remove the anima cost.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    If the reason is balance, that already went out of the window when they came up with the game's class system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    A death penalty wouldn't please players in the least and would go against SE's strategy to keep FFXIV running (read: turning the game into an easymode so people can progress faster).
    You are retarded.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The point is that logically it's stupid to have a cost to do something that can easily be circumvented.

However I'm with Hyan on this one. If we keep talking about it, they're going to add in a harsh death penalty instead of zeroing the cost of Return. At least we'd know they were listening... hah

Perhaps they should just add warp/warp II type spells already to handle this whole issue. Makes sense to me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm inclined to agree with Mioko on this one.

Grey, I'd laugh if they did that, even if it was through a tongue-in-cheek method of implementation.

Yea, seriously. In 11 you lost tons of exp when you died. But people never want to look at the good, only the bad.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

A serious case could be made for XIV adopting the "graveyard" mechanics and applying them to atherite stones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think the only penalty should be weakness and stay that way. If you wanna avoid weakness use 1 anima otherwise simply die.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    They still need to make it so people can join your party while fighting at the very least. The claim system is in need of work as well as it gets annoying not being able to fight links because they won't turn red to allow you to skill up.
    Not getting credit for killing links is Game Working As Intended, I believe. I would like to see a CFH mechanic, though.

And don't get me started on the idiocy of the way the game behaves when party battle is involved. Leader is in a different zone? Can't claim anything. Party is engaged in a battle halfway around the world? Can't drop party, can't log out.

Absurd. There is no reason why you should not be able to drop party at any time.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Bet you guys can't say the thread title 5 times fast. What a tongue twister. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4