1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 7 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Alliteratively Announcing Additional Adjustments and Alterations (11/22/2010)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...ae6843541561bc

Quote Originally Posted by Lodestone

This Topics post will introduce some of the balancing adjustments coming to in-game movement and the guildleve system in the November 24 version update.

Anima Costs

The anima cost incurred by the Return and Teleport commands has been halved.

This reduction applies to teleportation to the aetheryte plaza within any of the three city-states, as well as to any aetheryte camp set as one of a player's Favored Destinations. Up to three camps may be saved as Favored Destinations.

The cost of the Return command has also been halved, and now requires only one anima.

* Aetheryte plazas within cities cannot be set as Favored Destinations.

Guildleves

The November version update will introduce an option that allows players to change the difficulty setting for levequests that are currently underway. This option will be available only with those levequests for which players were able to assign a difficulty level at the onset, and can only be used to lower the setting. Balancing adjustments have also been made to the strength of enemies targeted by levequests, and the minimap has been reworked to continue to display these enemies regardless of differences in elevation in relation to the player. Furthermore, changes to leve linking will result in larger skill and experience point awards, and give individual party members the option to participate in the link.

With the December version update will come a number of new guildleves, including those that will provide players with the opportunity to face off against notorious monsters.

Still more changes are in store for behests and the loot system. Details will be released in future Topics posts.

New Odin
    BG Level

wtf at these titles

So, halved means.. one?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    wtf at these titles
    First, wow at the anima being reduced in that manner and not just 3 favorite spots. Good form on that.
    From the original mention of giving reduced cost to 3 favorite spots, I'm certain that I wasn't alone on making the 3 city-states those initially.

Second, maybe they had an office pool to top Rubber Babies Buggy Bumper?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Again, guy in my sig owes beer...

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

The screenshot makes the anima change still feel pretty obnoxious. (Still need to walk/waste 6 anima to get to a bumfuck camp like Riversmeet to set it as your favorite really SE?)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The title is about you guys commenting on the alliteration in their posts few days ago. They are mocking us...

Quote Originally Posted by Achitophel View Post
    So....the mobs turned toward the camera?

The alliteration kinda made me mad. Did the original Japanese have that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I love how they always think that the use of alliteration will just spice everything on this planet up.

Unfortunately the anima change just isn't enough. I guess it is nice that towns are covered though.

Also there is no reason for return not to be free.

New Odin
    BG Level

Is "leve linking" simply participating in someone else's leve? Or do you need to have the same leve on your possession for it to count as a leve link?

Hopefully the larger rewards will make GL's appealing enough for group exping purposes.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking Badger View Post
    The title is about you guys commenting on the alliteration in their posts few days ago. They are mocking us...
    I can't believe people are that retarded that they get furious over alliteration.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    Unfortunately the anima change just isn't enough. I guess it is nice that towns are covered though.

Also there is no reason for return not to be free.
    I agree on the return part.

It is a nice start though to reduce the porting costs.
    Maybe even a chance there will be more than the 3-5 camps people frequent now with mob changes.

I think my Mt Dew intake is low. Too much optimism in my post. Then again, the best ideas/intentions always look tasty on paper.

*Removed part of my statement after looking at the picture more. It appears that we will have to travel to the camp and then set it, not from town.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Is "leve linking" simply participating in someone else's leve? Or do you need to have the same leve on your possession for it to count as a leve link?

Hopefully the larger rewards will make GL's appealing enough for group exping purposes.
    Leve-linking is when you also have the GL in possesion, leve-sharing is when you help with a leve you don't have. (Rr did I confuse then and it's the other way? But I don't think so)

New Odin
    BG Level

Hmm, so what do they mean by this:

and give individual party members the option to participate in the link.
    Does it mean you no longer automatically link the leve? Or that you can participate even without the leve (doubtful)?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

It would be awesome if it didn't cost any anima at all to teleport anywhere until they can get Chocobo's working. It would also be awesome if your 3 favorite destinations and the city-states didn't cost any anima at all when the Chocobo's do start working.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

I think it will give the option to accept it, rather than "Boom! You are now participating in this leve fucker!". As it stands now, when someone in your party activates their leves you are just thrown in the mix without a choice initially of confirmation or denial.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    It would be awesome if it didn't cost any anima at all to teleport anywhere until they can get Chocobo's working. It would also be awesome if your 3 favorite destinations and the city-states didn't cost any anima at all when the Chocobo's do start working.
    At some point they should just take away the Anima and make it a gilsink like the outpost teleports in XI.

Or rather let us choose one aetheryte camp from each region that doesn't consume Anima but costs money instead. If you want to port somewhere more specific, you can use Anima to do so.

As it stands now, when someone in your party activates their leves you are just thrown in the mix without a choice initially of confirmation or denial.
    What I wonder is if you could just participate in the leve normally without consuming your own leve, then do it again later. Dunno how effective that would be with the increased rewards though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

It seems to me like they're making the teleport system a lot more complicated than it needs to be. I'd like to see return and teleports to your home nation be free (more 'bond' to your nation) and then just one point to anywhere that you've previously discovered. Change the anima cap and refresh rate to whatever it needs to be. That seems simple enough to me.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

They need to introduce a Home Point! But yeah return may as well be free, since you'd almost always death warp in the instances where you'd want to use Return.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

SE I hope you will read this post.

1. You are retarded. You are retarded this time because you have yet to realize that death-warping circumvents your anima cost for Return. Every other MMO on the planet has free returning for this exact reason. Get with the program over there will ya? It's common fucking sense.

2. Why in the hell are you restricting city-states as possible favorite places? That's stupid as shit. What is your rationale behind this exactly? If people want to run a town gamut they'll just set Black Brush/Bentbranch/Bearded Rock and THEN have to walk for another 5minutes to get to an adventurer's guild. Why do you do things like this to us exactly? I mean I know we're all use to the battered house-wife thing by now, but sooner or later we're gonna start hitting back and you'll feel it come subscription-analysis time.

God dammit SE would you hire some people with common sense?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    2. Why in the hell are you restricting city-states as possible favorite places? That's stupid as shit. What is your rationale behind this exactly? If people want to run a town gamut they'll just set Black Brush/Bentbranch/Bearded Rock and THEN have to walk for another 5minutes to get to an adventurer's guild. Why do you do things like this to us exactly? I mean I know we're all use to the battered house-wife thing by now, but sooner or later we're gonna start hitting back and you'll feel it come subscription-analysis time.
    The rationale is the fact that porting to aetheryte plazas will cost the same as porting to favorite camps.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    SE I hope you will read this post.

God dammit SE would you hire some people with common sense?
    The anima cost incurred by the Return and Teleport commands has been halved.

This reduction applies to teleportation to the aetheryte plaza within any of the three city-states, as well as to any aetheryte camp set as one of a player's Favored Destinations. Up to three camps may be saved as Favored Destinations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast