+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Game is pretty awesome. I've been pretty hooked. Mixes the old-school that I love with some modern tweaks/conveniences, all with a cool time-line aspect to the story which works very well.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only disappointing thing I have with the game is that the CD came with 5 tracks and not the full ost.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Haven't gotten a chance to play this yet, but really looking forward to it.

I freaking love this game. I only have 2 complaints 1. No map (not a big deal in most areas) 2. I really wish they had added a few more songs in this game, I swear theres only 3 songs they play over and over.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Yeah I'm a little miffed at the absence of a map, but not so much because it's necessary as it makes running into dudes a little more hazardous when I'm in the mood to skip everything and get on with whatever path I'm on.

Aside from that I can't get over the cool method of alternate paths in this game because I hate having to choose a path in a game and not know what I'm missing out on until I finish the game, and then consider whether it's worth playing all over again. As far as I can tell, in this game that's completely resolved because you have to explore every path to progress, and if not, have the option to backtrack at your whim.

And the art is pretty as well. I love the look of all the heavy armor units when they run, it looks like they're wheeling around on flying karts, lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Downloaded this when I saw the thread last week. Been really enjoying the game as well. Only thing I dislike is the lack of save points. There are 3 in the start of the game in the city, one right after the other. and then if you're out in the field you're lucky if you can save once every 20 minutes. cutscenes are hella long which is a contributing factor to this. Often I have to just turn the game off when I have to go do something but who knows when the next save point is so I just end up replaying 15 minutes worth (usually shorter the second time since you can skip the chat)

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

lol, how far in are you? I don't know what game you're playing but there are save points fucking everywhere. I can't even recall there being any areas that have taken 20 minutes to trudge through, much less 10 unless you're fighting absolutely everything you run into.

All scenes and dialog are both completely skippable by pressing start. I've had zero complaints in that regard and thought they built that function really well for a game that employs a fuckton of revisiting story points.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I know you can skip the dialogue but I don't want to. I read all of it unless I'm revisiting an area. I fight about half the monsters I run into. And I'm at the part where you first go to the sand fortress.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Yeah I wouldn't imagine skipping the dialog or scenes when seeing them for the first time. Maybe it's just the particular branch and chapter you're in, I was starting to think there were too many savepoints early on until I saw the bigger picture of how the game flows.

I think I'm currently in Chapter 3 and my only grip atm is when backtracking to do quests, it can be a little frustrating trying to find the right node to jump back/forth to for both being able to access the place you want to be and it not being too far or not far enough in the timeline.

Also I think it's outside the sand fortress on the top-most level, right before Gran Plain, that you can snag a pretty fancy sword that lasts awhile.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I got a good sword and spear this morning when I was playing. sword was 5k and spear 2.5k don't remember the names but the spear had like a huge +mag boost.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Yeah I'm finding Raynie with MAG bonuses to be extremely effective, especially in setups with Marco for MAG boost and Stocke's Air Assault.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

just picked it up, haven't played past the intro yet. kinda surprised more people haven't played this, the reviews have been all over it and even a few seconds in I can tell this is quality shit right here.

Mental note to look into this once I'm back home later this week. :s

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I want to play this but it's sold out everywhere, that's what I get for being lazy and not getting it at release

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Recently completed this game; took about 50hours exploring everything, getting true end. Lovely little game, if only because you get to see so damn much happen with lots of bad end choices that can feel just terrible getting (except the one with marco if you turn in his friend for being a spy, that was too funny). Once I got this game I couldn't stop wanting to play it until I had finished it.

Now I'm sad I finished it

Standard history:
    Spoiler: show
    Heiss is kicking my ass in the final chapter. Chain spamming Dark World basically kills my group (Stocke, Raynie, Marco). I know in some fights certain characters are better, and I might have to swap Aht in for someone, for example, but god is she a paper doll. Not sure if just general leveling will help much, as I'm around 50 with the 3 I mentioned.

Either way, I've been enjoying the game. Near done, as spoiler would indicate, but I know I still have some side-quests and bad endings to go back for.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Is it the fight with the Black Chronicle and the Heiss Shadows?

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Is it the fight with the Black Chronicle and the Heiss Shadows?
    2 cube mobs and Heiss as you fought him earlier with Stocke alone to get proof of Hugo's doucheiness. Would imaging there's a second or third form, but obviously he'd curbstomped me the couple times I tried.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I can't think of the specific fight (imperial ruins?) but anytime I've dealt with cubes or really any boss that can be pushed around I've resorted to Gafka+Aht. If it's her DEF that's a problem, there's some really great capes she gets, I think Giant's has the highest physical DEF, but most times Gafka's Wind God Strike from his skill quests and a Star-level trap you learn from her pacts will make quick work of almost anything. Electric works well on the cubes, too.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I was really looking forward to this, but it felt idk, was expecting more branching, but it just felt like there's only those two main histories, and any other branching option from there is just, like, if you pick the wrong one you get a game over >_>

idk I was only in like chapter 1, will come back to this, but enjoy tactics ogre a lot more atm D:

edit: or the path im in gets blocked until i do something in the other path

someone tell me it gets better