+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'd heard they meant to do more branching, but the story had to get cut some due to budget. Sucks, but c'est la vie. Either way, Stocke is a pretty decent main character compared to a lot of other RPGs. There are a few head-scratching moments in the plot, but just keep playing. The fact you're lacking on moves kind of makes the early phases of the combat system meh.

Biggest plot "Huh?!" for me...
    Spoiler: show
    When you come upon Rosch in Celestia and he's all beating himself up over fucking up, how is it that you repairing his arm and getting into his a head a bit somehow carries over to the alternate timeline where you'd beaten him up and salvaged his arm parts to begin with? I could've understood if he initially came to kill Eruca and you talked him out of it after the events in the alternate time, but right off the bat the conversation is totally different, changing him from loyal to Alistel to the death to basically having left them before you'd even started the chat in the cave.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm in SH6/AH4 and my thoughts on that, and other similar plot twists, was that anything from one timeline affecting the other timeline is silly. I can look past it because the game is awesome but yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all.

Best I could reason is maybe that some concept of sentimentality travels with Stock/White Chronicle/Flux and might transfer/sync back up. I did finally manage to beat the fight I was having trouble with and started doing some of that stuff again.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I never gave it too much thought, I was happy to presume the story made sense and go with it. In some instances Stocke has said as much as "I hope this affects so & so in the other time line" so I don't think certain outcomes are really even definite as far as they're concerned.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So... hand me your verdict, BG forums.
    If I want to stop thinking that my DS is near-worthless, is this the game to get?

If you loved Dragon Quest IX, don't even bother responding to me.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Once you've learned the straightforward concepts of the battle system it's easy as balls but it kept me entertained for something like 30 hours. I wouldn't say it's God's gift to the DS but it's definitely one of the best RPGs I can think of.

Generally not a modern DQ fan.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Your opinion is one I can trust, even if you thought DQIX was God's gift to gaming. If you say it's one of the best on here then it can't be too bad, can it?
    I will pick it up soon.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Oh man I'm gonna feel like balls if you don't like it, but really, if the DS needs anything, it's more games like RH.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

*casts revive spell!*

Game is getting a 3DS remake called Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology. Aside of some updated visuals for event scenes and voice acting, the game is getting a third story, so there's Standard History, Alternate History and now Sub-History. There are two games modes, Perfect Mode with the 3 histories and Append Mode where Sub-History is only available after completing the first two.

About Sub-History from the director: “The third story that is the Sub-History is different from the Standard History and Alternate History. The Sub-History isn’t part of a parallel world, but character treatment and timeline interpretation, as well as how the Sub-History was created, will make it different from the Standard and Alternate Histories.”

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Loved this game, will definitely re-buy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What Obsidian said.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This was one of my favorite DS RPGs, would totally buy again. When i first saw this announcement though, I thought it was going to be a sequel or something.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's one of those games I missed so will definitely look into it this time.

Someone update the title.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

June 29th in Japan

Spoiler: show

http://radianthistoria.jp/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

OP

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Heading to the Americas in Early 2018 - $39.99, EU undated
    It’s been six years since Radiant Historia was released on Nintendo DS in 2011, but it’s time to return to Vainqueur and unlock the time traveling power of the White Chronicle once again in Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology. This beloved classic is an expanded Nintendo 3DS port of the original game that will contain a great deal of added gameplay/story content, updated presentation, and new ways to experience the adventure!

Features

• An Enhanced Retelling of the Original – You’ll once again take the reins of Alistel operative Stocke as he unlocks the power of the White Chronicle relic and gains the ability to travel between two alternate timelines. With his new-found powers, Stocke will need to right the wrongs of the past in order to prevent the total annihilation of the world. This time though, things are a bit different. Redesigned character art, new character voice-overs, a brand-new opening animation by A-1 Pictures, new theme song, event illustrations, five new tracks from original composer Yoko Shimomura, and additional difficulty settings will enhance the experience in this fresh take of a beloved story.
    • Exhilarating New Story Content – Stocke will now encounter a mysterious new character named Nemesia who will teach him more about his world’s history and unlock a third timeline to explore the ripple effect of some of his actions with episodic “what-if” scenarios. If you’re a Radiant Historia purist who simply wants to play through the original game’s story, we have you covered! Perfect Chronology offers two different modes: Append and Perfect. Append mode allows you to beat the original game before having the option to start a New Game+ with the added content, while Perfect mode lets you play through the game with the inclusion of the third timeline from the beginning.
    • A Classic That Can’t Be Missed – Even though there’s an abundance of expanded content to delve into, the heart and soul of Radiant Historia remains the same. If you missed out on the original game in 2011, the upcoming port is the perfect chance to play a modern classic. With an exciting positioning-based battle system, memorable characters, and thrilling time-travel mechanics, Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology is an essential for JRPG fans.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

The redesigned character art is complete garbage.

That said, I'll probably buy it just because I lost my original Radiant Historia cart. : \