CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Thank fuck. That pretty much alleviates all of my fears about this.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

FUCK YES, NEW ENGINE

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

going into cryostasis for the next year. see you all then

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I am totally psyched for this!

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    going into cryostasis for the next year. see you all then
    ^

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Alright, new engine. My willingness to pay has drastically increased.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So did like anyones penis not create a room full of jizz?

Definitely interested, might be a day one buy, but I might just wait for mods to get good before trying.

New Odin
    BG Level

Glad to hear they're going North with this. I've always liked the Icewind Dale-setting.

http://www.wealthyme.com/files/Elder...ldWorldMap.jpg

ESII Daggerfall - High Rock/Hammerfell
    ESIII Morrowind - Vvardenfell/Morrowind
    ESIV Oblivion - Cyrodiil

ESV is Skyrim which seems to be smaller than Cryodiil, but I guess they could scale it up a bit since Cyrodiil was only 16 square miles, or they could add dungeons and shit. I remember reading that ESV was supposed to take place on Summerset Isles so maybe that'll be an expansion? IIRC you couldn't even explore the majority of Morrowind (the mainland, that is) in ES3, you were stuck on Vvardenfell until the expansion.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

brb putting self into induced coma for a year

seriously, Cartman had the right idea. I can't wait for this. it is not physically possible.

also, how weird that this news comes out the same weekend I choose to start a new Oblivion character, after not having touched it for months on end. Tamriel is calling me, no doubt.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Hopefully they plan on going away from the godawful 5-5-1 leveling system. That shit was tedious as fuck.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I really hope this game looks better than Cyrodill in ES4. Skyrim feels like its going to be very little color differences compared to oblivion

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/1...game-informer/

Skyrim featured in the next issue of Game Informer
    In a press release this morning, we announced the platforms Skyrim will be releasing on (no surprise: PC, Xbox 360, and PS3), as well as news that the game will be revealed in an exclusive cover story in the February issue of Game Informer.

To tide you over, check out the current issue (January 2010), which features four pages of looking back at the previous games and their lore.

Read the full release below…

Bethesda Softworks Announces The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Highly Anticipated Sequel to Launch 11.11.11

December 13, 2010 (Rockville, MD) — Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today confirmed the upcoming release of The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™, the next installment in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series and follow up to the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion®.

Developed by Bethesda Game Studios® under the direction of Todd Howard, Skyrim will be released on Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows® worldwide on November 11, 2011. Details on the game will be revealed in our exclusive cover story in Game Informer®’s February issue, which ships to subscribers in early January 2011.

“It’s exciting finally to announce the game,” said Todd Howard, Game Director on Skyrim. “We’ve been working for many years on Skyrim and the technology behind it. A new Elder Scrolls game has been a long time coming, and we can’t wait to show it off.”

To view The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’s announcement trailer, please visit the official site: elderscrolls.com. Skyrim will also be featured in magazine cover stories around the world throughout the month of February. Check the official site for updated details.

About Bethesda Softworks

Bethesda Softworks, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is a worldwide publisher of premier interactive entertainment software. Titles featured under the Bethesda Softworks label include such blockbuster franchises as DOOM®, QUAKE®, The Elder Scrolls®, Fallout®, Wolfenstein® and RAGE™. Among the world’s top development studios creating titles for ZeniMax are Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, Arkane Studios, MachineGames Studios, Tango Gameworks and ZeniMax Online Studios. For more information on Bethesda Softworks’ products, visit www.bethsoft.com.

The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, Oblivion, Bethesda Game Studios, Bethesda Softworks, ZeniMax and their related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the United States and/or in other countries. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, the Xbox logos, and the Xbox Live logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other product and company names referenced herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ext-issue.aspx

Excited about the new Elder Scrolls teaser? You can learn more about Skyrim sooner than you think.

This weekend Bethesda revealed The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to the world during the Spike TV VGAs. A press release this morning confirms what we already knew – gamers can get an in-depth look at the highly anticipated sequel to Oblivion in Game Informer's February issue. We began planning ahead for this story months ago, and we've been dying to share the exciting news. Now that we've seen the game up close and personal at Bethesda Game Studios, we're even more stoked to share what we've learned.

Check back here on January 6th to see the cover reveal, which is the beginning of an entire month of coverage devoted to Bethesda's latest potential masterpiece.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I keep thinking there's new news about Skyrim.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-v-skyrim.aspx

http://i51.tinypic.com/b6dpxj.jpg

A new era is dawning in the world of Tamriel, and we've got 14 pages of screens and details straight from Bethesda.

The February issue of Game Informer is about to hit subscribers, and you can now see a first look at the new cover image. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the next huge role-playing game from Bethesda, the makers of Oblivion and Fallout 3. Bethesda was kind enough to walk us though the new game a few weeks ago, and we can't wait to share what we experienced with all of you.

The cover features a first for Game Informer. While this digital version of the image shows off the stark, black styling, the real treat comes in the print version. There you'll see a special ultraviolet coating that accentuates the symbol in the center, giving a striking, 3-dimensional texture to the image.

http://i51.tinypic.com/256h2ee.jpg
    What's that on the back cover? The strange language seen there offers the first hints of Skyrim's story, along with a unique tie to the singing in the recent teaser trailer. What does it say? The answer lies in translating the stanzas into English. Check back later today to solve the puzzle. It's the first installment of our month-long extravaganza of online Skyrim stories, all of which will be found on the game's hub page as they release, linked from the image below.

We hope you enjoy the mysterious cover. And don't worry. The inside of the magazine has over 20 screenshots that show off Skyrim in all its glory, along with a 14-page article on the new gameplay, engine, story and setting for this latest Elder Scrolls epic.

Also in this issue, we reveal our top 50 games of 2010, including your reader picks for game of the year. What did we choose? What did you choose? And were they the same?

In addition, the February issue includes our first look at Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, our blowout on the new Mortal Kombat game (including two new characters), and our frightening look at the newest Silent Hill. Also watch for our final review of Dead Space 2.

As always, thanks to all of our readers for checking out the magazine and website. Let us know what you think about the new cover in the comments below, and don't forget to come back later today to learn more about its mysteries.

fuck yea. The teaser talked about dragons and the elder scrolls and the return/rise of the dragons, so I wonder if you'll actually get to have a big epic dragon fight in this game

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

translation:
    Spoiler: show
    Dragonborn Dragonborn
    by his honour is sworn
    to keep evil forever at bay
    and the fiercest foes rout
    when they hear triumph's shout
    Dragonborn for your blessing we pray

and the scrolls have fortold
    of black wings in the cold