Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I just hope people talk as you walk by instead of walk up to you to talk.

I COULD KILL THAT GUAR, THESE BOOTS ARE RUINED

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well at least the faces are great looking now(posted in spoiler on page 2) dat female face.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

there is a real actual possibility that this will be the best thing skyrim generates

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Fuck that gets me so hyped I want to reconnect with the people I played Morrowind with.

Fuckkkk, need more information, when is this game due anyway?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

11/11/11

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Too far away...wish I didn't know about it now.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You asked lol

Too much coming out before Skyrim to keep me occupied.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Two centuries in the future, and nobody's invented laser pistols and plasma cannons yet? Or at least, gunpowder firearms.

Not that I'm unhappy about that, it wouldn't quite be the same without swords and maces and bows and such, but wonder how they'll keep the Elder Scrolls feel while still making it believable that it's 200 years in the future.

Unless everything is so far back that it doesn't matter. e.g. nobody invented phasers between 1000 AD and 1200 AD. But then again, the church was kinda holding us back for a while there.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i'm completely fine with the lack of any kind of real life technological advancements. Keep the swords and bows and magic forever and we'll be all good.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

When you can use magic for all sorts of shit, there's not really much pressure to develop firearms.
    From what I've heard lorewise, Nirn has not being doing too well anyways so that sort of is a bit of a stroke against big technological advancements too.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

They aren't as smart as we are.

lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Two centuries in the future, and nobody's invented laser pistols and plasma cannons yet? Or at least, gunpowder firearms.

Not that I'm unhappy about that, it wouldn't quite be the same without swords and maces and bows and such, but wonder how they'll keep the Elder Scrolls feel while still making it believable that it's 200 years in the future.

Unless everything is so far back that it doesn't matter. e.g. nobody invented phasers between 1000 AD and 1200 AD. But then again, the church was kinda holding us back for a while there.
    Like most, I'm happy that they haven't advanced technologically, but shit gets even more ridiculous if you look into the historical background of the world they've created. They've been ridiculously stagnant for many many centuries from a tech perspective.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hopefully with the new leveling system they will also do away with the "boosts to stats based on what skills you leveled" to get there thing. Getting +5s was more of a pain in the ass than anything else because of all the book keeping needed. =/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...of-skyrim.aspx

The Sounds Of Skyrim
    In a sprawling role-playing epic like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, good audio can make or break the experience. An out-of-place musical theme, a poor voice actor in a key role, or a goofy sound effect can ruin the immersion, pulling players out of the excitement of the game. At the same time, strong audio work can help a game soar, deepening every level of involvement in the world of the game. We talked with Mark Lampert, audio director and sound designer at Bethesda Game Studios, and the chief architect of the aural experience players will encounter in Skyrim. He revealed details on all the sound elements players will encounter in the game, and had some fascinating examples of his work to share.

Jump to any or all of the four videos that sound interesting.

Video 1: Lampert discusses sound design and sound effects of Skyrim, and how he collects the elements of those sounds in the field. He then reveals the sound effects behind a new creature in Skyrim, and shows off a new spell and the awesome sounds that accompany its casting.

Jump to any or all of the four videos that sound interesting.

Video 1: Lampert discusses sound design and sound effects of Skyrim, and how he collects the elements of those sounds in the field. He then reveals the sound effects behind a new creature in Skyrim, and shows off a new spell and the awesome sounds that accompany its casting.

Video 2: We hear some of Skyrim's early voice recording work from Max von Sydow (including new lines no one has yet heard), and Lampert reveals the philosophy behind voice work in the game. Lampert also discusses Sydow's character, and how he fits into the game world.

Video 3: Skyrim's sound designer explains the challenges of creating audio for the dragons of Skyrim, and discusses how he will create dragon shouts, one of the new gameplay mechanics of Skyrim.

Video 4: Lampert shows off some of the amazing musical score for Skyrim, composed by series mainstay Jeremy Soule. Can you hear the original Elder Scrolls theme as it weaves its way into the new music?

[2012: Year of the Whore]
    BG Level

I really like what they have so far sound wise, especially video 4 of the theme. God I fucking hate this wait game.. thank God there are video games to keep me occupied more/less until then.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 203 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast