1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translated Famitsu preview of the updates.

Found this on my twitter before sleeping, all credits goes to Core and associated posters.

New Retainer Outfits

A butler-esque Elezen and a provocative Mi'qote retainer. They look responsible enough. I'm sure your goods are safe with them.

Monsters (NMs and otherwise)

Taupe/tarp Ushuka (unsure of the exact name): one variety of the Great Buffalo family, this formidable foe takes no greater delight than tromping on other creatures and feeling them squish between its hooves. They were supposed to be quarantined on a remote island...

Elder Mosshorn: Among the mountain-dwelling aldgoats, Mosshorns are known for their unusually long lifespan and expansive moss-covered horns. It is said they have gathered a multitude of lesser aldgoat herds in order to migrate to more fertile land.

Uraeus (wiki link): a variant of the Peiste family, it features a body covered in silvery, reflective scales. According to the legends of the Twelve, these are servants of the sun goddess Azeyma. Their scales are worth a small castle each, so it is only fitting that their venom is fatal.

Zanigo: The Amal'jaa started with drakes as a base and modified them via their alchemical arts until they ended up with these new prototype living weapons. Their thick scales lend them a high resistance to magic attacks. No doubt they will be a trump card in an attack on Ul'dah.

Other Baddies

Mmmm, Puddin': If you were a Black Mage in FFXI, you're probably sick of these. They're incredibly clumsy at controlling their mood, and their body acts like a mood ring. Some scholars out there say they're closely related to people...

Goblins: They still have their trademark masks and rucksacks. For ages many of them were gatherers or crafters and supported Eorzea's economy outside city walls. Years ago, however, the majority of the Goblin race began its centennial mass pilgrimage.

Dire Mite: These scorpion-like creatures live in colonies much like ants do. A food shortage has forced them to spread their numbers through the various regions in search of nourishment.

Weapons
    It seems like these new weapons might be made from items dropped by new Notorious Monsters.

A sparkling double-edged sword with golden decorations. Looks alone tell me one can probably only acquire it after slaying the baddest of the bad.

This two-pronged polearm also sports a hook on either side that look like they could do an extra bit of damage themselves.

It looks like an axe, but it is rather staff-like. It features a red gem surrounded by an ornate dragon motif.
    Source : http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/27882...scale-updates/

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

yay goblins are back.. monsters look purdy

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Do want.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Scorpions (diremites) look fuckin' rad. Also, "hi-def" flans also look badass.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

need more storyline for those Amal'jaa *_*

the cart somewhat looks like orc's catapult thing

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

The bomb in the frying pan made me chuckle.

Calling CUL Relic!

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Scorpions (diremites) look fuckin' rad. Also, "hi-def" flans also look badass.
    dire mites will now forever be Rad Scorpions to me now ;(

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vilmos View Post
    The bomb in the frying pan made me chuckle.

Calling CUL Relic!
    http://ffxiv.yg.com/item/bomb-frypan?id=6080006

It's just the rank-42 tool unfortunately... There might be an eventual classic FF mob theme to crafting tools, as the rank-42 weaver's Thousand Needle has a Cactuar on the embroidery ring. There's some Culinarian screenshot on the official site somewhere that looks like she's holding a Malboro-themed frying pan as well.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Those look sick

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just realized the brown/white ones in the background are tail-less, infant, flea-like diremites, three of them feasting on that antelope along with the black/brown adult (which has a noticeably different stinger than the white/purple one).

Sagacious Sundi

HI-DEF GOBBIES!

EDIT: Is that a different variety of diremites or are they gonna glow under certain wavelengths kinda like real scorpions?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi View Post
    HI-DEF GOBBIES!

EDIT: Is that a different variety of diremites or are they gonna glow under certain wavelengths kinda like real scorpions?
    Depends on how much attention to detail SE puts. Since they do seem to put heavy emphasis on the 'realism' of the enemies, it may be like that, or the classic model where different areas have different colors lol. Like the translucent one I can see being in that area with the downed imperial ship cuz of all the crystals and whatnot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The white/purple Diremite's stinger is different than the black/brown one's... and it has bigger "horns." I'm expecting the white/purple one to be more of a NM or rare breed like the white Pieste.

NM designs will be where this game really shines. My body won't be ready for HD fafnir.

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    NM designs will be where this game really shines. My body won't be ready for HD fafnir.
    What happends to ur body ? Just curious.

P.S I want HD Bune

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I want HD Genbu. Turtle-power!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Damn these are looking good, can't imagine what HNM are going to look like graphically when they begin to get implemented!