1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Parabola Blixt
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox View Post
    Was in a party killing raptors, rank 38-43. 76 SP a kill... horrible, along with the fact that raptor breath damage is insane now, even with shell. Tried a 10 person party on firedrakes, ~140 SP a kill. If they had EXP/SP chains, this system would be acceptable. Lower SP gain all around, my hopes are currently crushed.

Guess this is what I was noticing then about skill gain. Before the patch on green/yellow puks I'd get anywhere from 80-250 sword skill at rank 23, now 85-98 skill in the same spot. Tried leves and same thing basically, getting ~140 skill for each mob on lvl 20 leves on 2 star difficulty fighting brown/red mobs, with xp/skill buff.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not sure if this is a bug, but it won't let me start typing in controller-keyboard option if I hold shift to start with a capital; not a big thing but somewhat annoying. :/

*Edit*
    Eh we just got a real bug that was kind of weird. Our LNC went unweak but his HP stayed it's weakened state in display, but he actually had full HP. We thought we was invincible, until I tried to come here to post and quit healing him <_<.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Teleport to major cities are automatically half anima it seems.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto3 View Post
    Teleport to major cities are automatically half anima it seems.
    They mentioned that in the last Lodestone article.

Cities = half price
    Return = 1
    3 Favorite Camps = half price

...and favorite camps = camps, not aetheryte plazas or aetherial gates.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

When playing solo, loot now automatically enters a player's inventory. If a player's inventory is full, the loot will be placed in the loot list.
    I was always confused as to why this wasn't the case in the first place.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was in a pt of 5 killing easier mobs, Yarzons and Floating eyes. We got 90 or so per Yarzon and 150 for eyes and were killing really fast. SP was good, as long as you have the mobs handy and kill fast. Still feels broken regardless.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If this goes anything like 11 usually does, its best to be cautiouslessly optimistic until after the emergency maintenances XD

Still, another 3 levels before, another level.

Hello, so i dled the patch file from the direct dl from earlier on in the thread but where does the patch file go?

I think its

My Documents > My Games > Final Fantasy XIV > download > ffxiv > 48eca647 > patch

Im not too sure though memory is fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by wildmuffin View Post
    Only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the removal of information regarding number of people on server/nearby. Is SE afraid of showing it now?
    That's what I thought. Those server population graphs were hilarious and embarassing at the same time.

Is it just me or, depending on your main class, this patch made more harm than good? GLA and mages got horribly nerfed, while DDs got an acc boost and few more things.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shell seems to be broken from initial testing. Effect isnt kicking in =(

I noticed that they dramatically changed Bold Synthesis. Pre-patch I could easily use it on recipes near or even above my rank and get 30~60 extra quality on successes. Now I'm lucky to see more than 10%. They've changed it so you really need to have your skill well above the skill cap of that item to get any real gains out of bold synthesis. On the flipside, HQ's seem to be more frequent now, or at least they didn't seem as hard to do as before, could be wrong since I was just eyeballing it. Standard synthesis also seems to have had it's impact on durability for failures toned waaaaay down, which is nice.

Didn't even bother using Rapid yet so no clue how that's been changed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I didn't see it mentioned in the notes... but synthesis support lasts a long fuckin' time now. I think it's like a half hour or more?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know what they mean by:

The degree of difficulty for the following synthesis recipes has been lowered.

(List of recipes)

The degree of difficulty for the following synthesis recipes has been lowered.

(List of recipes)
    The second list of recipes is a short list with just an Armorcraft and Goldsmithing recipe, but the first list of recipes also included Armorcraft and Goldsmith recipes. Why didn't they just combine the two lists?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm wondering if one of those lists was meant to say "raised." They made a similar potential typo saying they decreased the duration of something from 15sec to 30sec.

Also:
    http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...3daf048b864d21
    Does this image imply there are new underwear recipes?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    IDoes this image imply there are new underwear recipes?
    New colors, I believe. Someone in my LS mentioned it atleast.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I didn't see it mentioned in the notes... but synthesis support lasts a long fuckin' time now. I think it's like a half hour or more?
    exactly one hour

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Were did the hard earned SP I made playing this beta...err game before this last update go?

it's nice to adjust SP for other people to level faster, but please give back the lostSP to the players that are rank 31+

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    This stuff sounds good. Game'll be nice when I come back later.
    Bleh, hahaha. I thought the same. In fact for weeks this has been THE day I've been looking forward to. As a DoL I thought this was gonna be the best update ever. Now I'm so pissed I think I'm done with the game. And to think, I was one of the few people that never had one problem with the game, loved everything about it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    I noticed that they dramatically changed Bold Synthesis. Pre-patch I could easily use it on recipes near or even above my rank and get 30~60 extra quality on successes. Now I'm lucky to see more than 10%. They've changed it so you really need to have your skill well above the skill cap of that item to get any real gains out of bold synthesis. On the flipside, HQ's seem to be more frequent now, or at least they didn't seem as hard to do as before, could be wrong since I was just eyeballing it. Standard synthesis also seems to have had it's impact on durability for failures toned waaaaay down, which is nice.

Didn't even bother using Rapid yet so no clue how that's been changed.
    My cap for bold seems to be 30 quality @28 . I couldnt get anymore from spamming bold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast