1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Patch SP findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Odin
    BG Level

I'm still interested in hearing about GL skill gains as opposed to mob grinding. My vision for GL-based progression is not dead.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I'm still interested in hearing about GL skill gains as opposed to mob grinding. My vision for GL-based progression is not dead.
    Yea, exactly.

Also, someone should check out gains from Behest now.

Will do some tests tonight either way.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Rank 19 duoing level 20 behests, getting around 250 SP per kill. Rank 20 soloing leves with favour, ~300 SP per kill. Duoing rank 20 leves without favour, ~175 per kill. Overall faster but less SP in leves for me. I used to bring GL mobs to the border of their territory and keep hitting them and letting them reset til I get 400-500 SP per mob.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Rank 15 ARC solo
    Blue 150ish
    Green 220ish
    Yellow 275ish
    Leve mob(blue-red) with aspect 660-720

Rank 27 GLA solo
    Blue 80ish
    Green 90ish
    Yellow 80ish.... ??????
    Leve Mob (Blue-red) with aspect 150-200

Still looks like 20+ is getting the SP shaft... Really hope this is broken. I was so happy when seeing the skill gains on my ARC, only to change to GLA to be a sad Lala. Group bonus is 100% broken.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Still looks like 20+ is getting the SP shaft... Really hope this is broken.
    Hm, I see it could be possible for it to work that way. To get to 600-700 gains again (isn't the cap 500?) you need the group bonus.. which doesn't seem to work.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Hm, I see it could be possible for it to work that way. To get to 600-700 gains again (isn't the cap 500?) you need the group bonus.. which doesn't seem to work.
    500 was the cap. But seems in leves pre 20 with aspect its not. I did a level 10 leve on my CON with aspect and was getting 700-900sp...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So there is now a steep downwards curve - level 10 EAT THE SP down to level 30ish STARVE FUCKER AND GRIND

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sounds like a winning strategy to me. Lure in the casuals with easy early xp, then run them off a cliff at mid-game with soul-crushing XP levels.

Sounds a lot like pre-2006 XI, so hey, old school for the win?

New Odin
    BG Level

470 SP a mob at 12 during leves... goddamn.

If the cut in skill is clear around rank 20 I think it's obvious what they're trying to do. It does resemble XI quite a bit.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

And why wouldn't it? Same leadership, same team, ect. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well sounds like they fixed early game progression....now for middle and beyond! Believe in the 3rd birthday, December 2010!

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Well sounds like they fixed early game progression....now for middle and beyond! Believe in the 3rd birthday, December 2010!
    Fortunately it shouldn't be that difficult.. just do what you did pre-patch, now with static progression.

Duo'd a bit with some roegadyn today. Good skill ups, good acc, mobs weren't too tough at all. I could see this being good enough for <20 atm. And >20 with some PARTY BONUS

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

AGree, I think if the party bonus was working, the skill gains would be perfect 20+

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I don't really see what the big deal is, I hit 50 a few weeks ago and would've signed up for 150/raptor no problem. It was all about chaingunning kills for my parties, a lot of fights I got zero and a lot of fights I got several hundred.. probably averaged around 150 anyway. Ended up being 10-20k/hr depending on people.

It's obvious based on the data that group boosts isn't working, but I don't really see it being gamebreaking if it takes time to fix.

I'm more curious if the cap is still 500 outside leves. Guardian Aspect took away the cap in all of beta/beginning of launch.. but had to be removed because people were exploiting it with spam-heals if you recall. They could have just added it back in now that thats no longer an issue.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

So has anyone tested out any good solo/duo spots for Conjurer? I'm a 33 Conjurer trying to find any solo/duo spots with fast kills and decent sp. Since SE killed partying right now this seems like the only option to get some SP. Any help would be appreciated.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

Quote Originally Posted by Ecko1 View Post
    So has anyone tested out any good solo/duo spots for Conjurer? I'm a 33 Conjurer trying to find any solo/duo spots with fast kills and decent sp. Since SE killed partying right now this seems like the only option to get some SP. Any help would be appreciated.
    Iron Coblyns I guess =/

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Yeah I don't really see what the big deal is, I hit 50 a few weeks ago and would've signed up for 150/raptor no problem. It was all about chaingunning kills for my parties, a lot of fights I got zero and a lot of fights I got several hundred.. probably averaged around 150 anyway. Ended up being 10-20k/hr depending on people.

It's obvious based on the data that group boosts isn't working, but I don't really see it being gamebreaking if it takes time to fix.

I'm more curious if the cap is still 500 outside leves. Guardian Aspect took away the cap in all of beta/beginning of launch.. but had to be removed because people were exploiting it with spam-heals if you recall. They could have just added it back in now that thats no longer an issue.
    150 would be almost tolerable(thats 140~ kills an hour for 20k/hour, not exactly realistic...).

Issue is its not 150, it's like 130...at best, and closer you get to 50, more like 80.

Before the patch getting 15-25k/hour was realistic. Now 20k/hour is at the extreme end of "near impossible" and only for ideal level ranges/mobs, everything/everywhere else, you're gonna be struggling to break *5K*/hour(kill speed, 1/minute)

On top of that, there are very few spots in the game that support that level of chaining.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

So instead of getting a level in 10-12 hours in the late 40's it's going to take 25-30 hours! SE, you're just too generous! *fucking eyeroll*

did Cedarwood Behest with 2 friends , we were 19-20 and we were getting 200+ a kill, wiped couple times to cactuars since my HP was 1001 after the update and couldnt kill the 2 yarzon bosses that coned red

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is my assumption that the SP cap is still 500, with the cap being removed by Guardians Aspect in Leves like it was in beta/early release accurate? Has anybody noticed anything contradictory?