1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Patch SP findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Is my assumption that the SP cap is still 500, with the cap being removed by Guardians Aspect in Leves like it was in beta/early release accurate? Has anybody noticed anything contradictory?
    As I posted above, I got 998SP off a single kill doing a leve I was significantly underleveled for, so it seems the cap is removed for leves at least.

It's probably removed for normal mobs too, except that in current situation it seems impossible to get 500+, so I don't think we can confirm this at all unless maybe like a rank 1 killing some 50+ mob...somehow.

I don't get this system at all, kill a yellow(at 33), get 110, kill a red, get...86?

Something I'm speculating is they implemented this new system without removing the old "you get less SP as your rank goes up" mechanics.

Because killing a red at rank 10 will give me 300~
    Killing a much higher red at 33....86

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    Because killing a red at rank 10 will give me 300~
    Killing a much higher red at 33....86
    In the end I think the exp should scale back up to 300 or close to it with the party bonus.

Of course until they update their known issues we won't know for sure. But it makes sense to me at least. Solo is easier and faster at first, gets harder later on (but not impossible I guess).

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Thats what we all thought but again.. PT bonus is not working. We're only seeing a reduction in SP when adding new member to party.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Thats what we all thought but again.. PT bonus is not working. We're only seeing a reduction in SP when adding new member to party.
    From what people have said you only see the reduction for the first member. Every member after that is no-change.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Oh I see. Was going based on my one test but I'll take your word on it. If we can get that flipped back on then maybe we'll be in business. ;o

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    As I posted above, I got 998SP off a single kill doing a leve I was significantly underleveled for, so it seems the cap is removed for leves at least.
    As you explained it, I don't think your 998 counts. You got 499 sword and 499 shield, right? All that that indicates is that they de-linked shield from sharing the 500 SP/fight cap with sword.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Probably not what he meant, but he should clarify.

998 sword and 998 shield. 1996 total.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Two Imps, leveled mid-way through. Duoing leves with aspect. 440(about 294 w/o Aspect) on the first, 337 (about 225 w/o Aspect) on the second. Pretty steep drop off for one level. The tiers for solo SP are likely going to be something like 150>225>300>etc towards the 500 cap for blue/green/yellow/etc. Suggests a pretty strict range of what would be an appropriate optimal target range.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

While crafting, I notice a variance of about 100sp on the same recipe as rank 28 cook. To give some context, it ranges from about 200 to 300. It's been a while since I worked on my fighting classes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Level 29 Nannygoat in Leve Solo 1 Star:

Base SP 97

With Guardian Invoked 137

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Guardian aspect is +50% SP if anyone is wondering. If you get 200 without it, you'll get 300 with it.

[edit] Also, damage done to adds while theyre yellow still reduces your SP when theyre killed. And if you killed yellow, you still get zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Guardian aspect is +50% SP if anyone is wondering. If you get 200 without it, you'll get 300 with it.

[edit] Also, damage done to adds while theyre yellow still reduces your SP when theyre killed. And if you killed yellow, you still get zero.

So no AoE spaming? GDI SE.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I dont believe there is a cap as a cap on sp is pointless with the current system. If there is one, achieving it would be nearly impossible given mob difficulty. Best suggestion atm with no party bonus is to go in groups of 2-3 and find a dungeon and grind out mobs for 70-90 sp per killing 3-4 a min. Its just more active work now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

PT members in other zones will lower you SP / mob.

Was in PT with 3, one in other zone. I was PT leader. Were getting 48SP per mob duo with the 3rd guy in other zone.
    Guy in other zone left party, 82SP per mob.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

some tests (duo) on iron coblyns
    Lancer 27 + other classes
    im going to put only the other classes SP and XP because the 27 gets almost the same everytime, between 40 and 70 SP and 150-200 XP, solo he gets around 120 SP.

cooking 7 - 590 xp , no SP
    GLA 1 - 260 SP 630 xp
    lnc 14 - 160 SP 400 xp
    con 20 - 49 SP 123 XP
    thm 31 - 57 SP 142 XP lnc 27 got 69 SP e 171 XP

powerlevel is possible, but is not really that good, because on rank1-20 you can get more solo and about the same speed, you certanly can kill faster and easier powerleveling, but there isnt enough mobs and respawn time that would make it a lot faster.
    unless you just want phys xp, then just get a gathering or crafting class on rank1.

@Drako
    It depends. If cassio is empty then I go around 1 or 2 shooting the jellys for 100-200 SP depending on level. Think power leveling is quite dependent on the camp.

I think an important test would be to get 5-6 people of exactly the same rank, and then try the same mob with 1 person, 2 people, 3 people, etc. What I'm wondering is whether or not the con system changed. So that like, if there's a high level person in your PT it will reduce the base SP of the party because the mob will con higher to the party, and because of that SP is severely gimped for the entire party.

SP is definitely going down when you add more members, but that could be due to the overall con of the mob changing as a result of adding more people. Maybe it's based on the average rank of the party for example, or the highest rank. By making sure everyone was exactly the same rank, it would eliminate any of this and really tell you whether or not it was simply the number of people in the party

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
    @Drako
    It depends. If cassio is empty then I go around 1 or 2 shooting the jellys for 100-200 SP depending on level. Think power leveling is quite dependent on the camp.
    doesnt matter if you 1 or 2 shot them, the respawn is long enough so that you cant take advantage of that. Its better to roam around camps killing stuff solo, should be faster than staying in one place waiting for repops because you killed too fast. I still havent found a camp that PL would be so much better that would be an exploit.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I'm sorry, but I'm getting fed up with all the need for speculation about how to properly play this game. It was confusing enough before it was changed and now we're back at square one. If SE is gonna revamp this entire system we're finally getting used to, then the least they can do is give us a better understanding of it. Why not post a fucking "Gaining SP" Ask the Devs that explains ideal circumstances for optimal SP along with a recommended list of potential leveling grounds? It's absurd they break all our previous ways of making SP and leave us a total loss. This is going to drive the players they CURRENTLY have away, and that's already dwindling to dangerous amounts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast