1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Patch SP findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bitch in the bitch thread. Its broken and itll be fixed.

And Drako, you're pretty naive if you actually think that particular bug isn't massively exploitable for lower ranks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

And Drako, you're pretty naive if you actually think that particular bug isn't massively exploitable for lower ranks.
    it is just because you can do nothing and someone else do all the work for you, but party SP is clearly bugged, when they fix it wont be anymore.

but you wont rank up any faster because of this, thats what i mean.

i dual boxed today to try exactly this and it is just not worth it, i get almost the same amount of SP if i solo and almost same speed too.

maybe if i was rank50 could be different, but i dont think so, mobs just dont respawn fast enough.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Any recomendation for a party of 3 35-40s, getting decent SP?

Or on top of that, reccomendation for solo SP at 40?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    it is just because you can do nothing and someone else do all the work for you, but party SP is clearly bugged, when they fix it wont be anymore.

but you wont rank up any faster because of this, thats what i mean.

i dual boxed today to try exactly this and it is just not worth it, i get almost the same amount of SP if i solo and almost same speed too.

maybe if i was rank50 could be different, but i dont think so, mobs just dont respawn fast enough.
    So you are telling me you can do 20k-30k skill points a hour soloing up to R20? Took me 10 minutes to get someone to R10 killing Fat Dodos and Island crabs.

I am pretty confident I could get someone to R16 in a hour with optimal conditions.

Also, cassio would respond fast enough that I would only have to clear out two of the big rooms and would only have to run down one hall way to pick up a extra 3 jelly.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Party of 4 killing stuff in Tam-Tara first floor:
    41 Archer (42 by the end)
    43 Archer
    43 Glad (44 by the end0
    43 Conj

Made rounds of the 4 rooms on the West side of the first floor, containing efts, lemurs, and toads. Killed Poachers/Sordes/Dormice in the hallways as we ran waiting for respawns.

SP from mobs were:
    Efts ~100
    Lemurs ~60
    Dormice ~60
    Toads ~80
    Sordes ~60

Everyone was getting around 12/13k per hour. This is the best SP I have gotten since the update lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Best SP possible right now looks to be from a combination of Leves+Behests+More leves+More Behests, though I dont have any jobs in the middle ranges to test what people are bitching about (50, or 20s and below). Has anyone tried this in the 30s/40s? This is probably by intent, and how I thought the system would work the first time around until I hit 25 and we discovered efts. Behests themselves have a fuckton of mobs with a lot of people and take a decent amount of time, and since they're every hour you can probably only fit 2-3 leves in between the Behest cycle. Its entirely possible for a parties leves to last a good 3-4-5 hours for one camp. And some leves are exceptionally good for skill now, usually the ones you dreaded doing pre-patch.. looking at you Cedarwood Gnats. Fuckton of kills for inflated leve SP.

-I have not noticed an obvious boost to SP from leve-linking like the update would suggest. I'm not saying it isn't there, but its nothing crazy.. would like to get the details on this. If it's possible, someone try killing something THEN linking and note the differences.
    -I've heard of huge numbers from 5 stars, but have been unable to get a group together to handle that difficulty as of yet.

Once party-boosted SP is fixed to make non-leve grinding a viable alternative, I think this is going to work out nicely.

New Odin
    BG Level

-I have not noticed an obvious boost to SP from leve-linking like the update would suggest. I'm not saying it isn't there, but its nothing crazy.. would like to get the details on this. If it's possible, someone try killing something THEN linking and note the differences.
    I guess not leve linking would be more beneficial? If you're short on leves at least, you could do the same leve more than once?

Just sucks that at least at around rank 20, leves just don't seem to last long enough and there aren't really aggroing mobs to have to kill either. If all leves took that 20-25 min you wouldn't run out of shit to do but now they're a bit too short.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
    So you are telling me you can do 20k-30k skill points a hour soloing up to R20? Took me 10 minutes to get someone to R10 killing Fat Dodos and Island crabs.

I am pretty confident I could get someone to R16 in a hour with optimal conditions.

Also, cassio would respond fast enough that I would only have to clear out two of the big rooms and would only have to run down one hall way to pick up a extra 3 jelly.
    took me 15 min solo for lancer 1-10 , about an hour to mid 14, after 15 is harder, probably 15-20 PL would help, but 1-15 im sure its about the same time PL or not.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I guess not leve linking would be more beneficial? If you're short on leves at least, you could do the same leve more than once?

Just sucks that at least at around rank 20, leves just don't seem to last long enough and there aren't really aggroing mobs to have to kill either. If all leves took that 20-25 min you wouldn't run out of shit to do but now they're a bit too short.
    You would think thats's why they added the option to chose whether to link or not and situate the boost, but maybe its just broken like party SP is. Need clarification, but its definitely better not to link at this point for SP. You're supposed to get better rewards from chests while linked as well, but really... how useless are chests currently outside faction leves.

Most leves stay short, but necrologos can take a bit of time. And multiple defense spawns take forever even if youre just standing there doing nothing. But Behests with a group always take at least 15-20m, few 10m leves and its time to gather for the next behest again.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post

I found 4 or 5 starring lower tier leves that offer a lot of mobs (at least 8+) to be quite good for sp gain.

P.S Why hasn't my signature changed since the update? I have gotten quite a few levels.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Best SP possible right now looks to be from a combination of Leves+Behests+More leves+More Behests,
    Can only speak for mid-20s, but this seems to be the best way to go right now. And I don't mind at all, getting much faster SP than PT grind before patch at these ranks. Just hanging around camps, helping LS members with their r20-r30s as much as possible and doing lots of Behest.

They need more stuff like Behest. It promotes quick grouping up, and in 10-15 minutes you get a ton of SP. SE should improve Behest a bit more (notably the mob claiming, yellow name = no SP) and add more shit like it for more variety.

I'm not saying the old-style PT grinding has to go, but something tells me SE nerfed it purposely.

Personally I want to see them make leves & events like Behest more fun, keep them as rewarding as they are now (post-patch) and add more variety.

New Odin
    BG Level

Exactly. Every time I think about the system I see the potential to promote party-play with the current mechanics it has. Pre-update it was just all going to waste because everyone thought of GL's as something you do for cash mostly alone (since the gil reward for helping others just isn't worth the hassle, and skill gain was pretty poor too) and there was no incentive to use the leve-share and link systems, which IMO are quite the core mechanics of the whole event.

Before people realize the potential of the system, it's gonna be a bit hard to keep up the pace I guess, but that should change soon enough.

Now I wonder what exactly is the difference between the stars skill gain wise.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i think each star gives a 10% boost, can anyone confirm that?

i also did 2 nophicas leves, both killing feral dodos, but different leves, one a friend leve linked and the difference between then was 100% SP (one giving 127 other 259)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I guess I will post this here.

Blue Puks getting 70 sp per kill with weapon 100%

67 sp per kill with weapon yellow

60 sp per kill with weapon red

Repair back to 100%, back to 70 per kill

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah GLs are the way to go. Even before rank 20 it's pretty good. Just gotta keep the party going, which is hard currently but behests are obviously great for getting started.

All we need are longer leves imo. Leve linking seems to give +100% skill gain but it's still better to not link the leves if you have time to do them all.

Gotta say I finally had fun just fighting stuff. Consistent skill gain did the trick. 2½h just doing random leves with random people is quite fun.

I just hope they can balance things for people past rank 30. It's good to hear soloing is worthwhile but grouping needs to be much better.

I kinda see what they're trying to accomplish here. In XI EXP numbers remained largely the same but mobs became harder and had more HP, thus encouraging grouping (with bad side effects on soloing obv.)

In XIV the EXP seems to be cut in half yet it can climb back up with proper use of leves and the party bonus. Good side is that you can still solo monsters for decent exp even at higher levels, unlike in XI.

I'd say they both try to accomplish the same thing, but through different means (and less negatives imo).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post

To add to this: I was grinding in a duo yesterday, and we had weapons at different durabilities equipped (100% and 1%, to be specific). We both always got the same skill ups from the mobs (we were also the same rank).

So from this it looks like if a single person has a broken weapon it might nerf the overall skill ups of the party? It would be pretty bad if it added up and the more broken weapons in the party, the less skillups everyone gets...

Will double-check this later today/tomorrow and make sure skill ups go up for both after I repair my weapon.

EDIT:

Test/Observation 1: Reforesting Humblehearth, with Guardian's favor

Bow at 1%, Sword at 75+%: 183 skill ups from the dire dormouse for each
    Bow at 1%, Sword at 1%: 183 skill ups from the dire dormouse for each

From this it doesn't look like having more than 1 broken weapon ruins it further (although maybe favor or the fact that it's a guildleve have something to do with it). I'll get the bow repaired for the next set of leves and post findings.

Test/Observation 2: Behest

Bow at 50%+, Sword at 50%+, 179 skill ups from dire dormouse
    Bow at 1%, Sword at 50%+, 179 skill ups from dire dormouse

Not sure what to make out of it, except that maybe there's no penalty for broken weapons in parties or that it doesn't count in Behest/leves. This is all I'm posting for today, but it'd probably be interesting to try against normal mobs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    To add to this: I was grinding in a duo yesterday, and we had weapons at different durabilities equipped (100% and 1%, to be specific). We both always got the same skill ups from the mobs (we were also the same rank).

So from this it looks like if a single person has a broken weapon it might nerf the overall skill ups of the party? It would be pretty bad if it added up and the more broken weapons in the party, the less skillups everyone gets...

Will double-check this later today/tomorrow and make sure skill ups go up for both after I repair my weapon.

EDIT:

Test/Observation 1: Reforesting Humblehearth, with Guardian's favor

Bow at 1%, Sword at 75+%: 183 skill ups from the dire dormouse for each
    Bow at 1%, Sword at 1%: 183 skill ups from the dire dormouse for each

From this it doesn't look like having more than 1 broken weapon ruins it further (although maybe favor or the fact that it's a guildleve have something to do with it). I'll get the bow repaired for the next set of leves and post findings.

Test/Observation 2: Behest

Bow at 50%+, Sword at 50%+, 179 skill ups from dire dormouse
    Bow at 1%, Sword at 50%+, 179 skill ups from dire dormouse

Not sure what to make out of it, except that maybe there's no penalty for broken weapons in parties or that it doesn't count in Behest/leves. This is all I'm posting for today, but it'd probably be interesting to try against normal mobs.
    Very odd... Thanks for the results.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Amen to that, leveled Marauder from 0 to 10 in 2 leves, 20 min tops. Was getting over 850SP per kill soloing 4 star rank 1 leves. Gonna try to get all my fighting classes up to 10/20 before they actually fix this and work on crafting after, since I don't think the SP gain has been increased so much at lower ranks.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post

I think what you're experiencing is simply variation in the levels of the puks that are spawning.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    i think each star gives a 10% boost, can anyone confirm that?

i also did 2 nophicas leves, both killing feral dodos, but different leves, one a friend leve linked and the difference between then was 100% SP (one giving 127 other 259)
    Good call, that's an easy way to test it since mobs in different leves are usually the same. I'll get some data for stars/linking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast