1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Patch SP findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Couldnt get any linking data today but:

20Con+21Arc Duo, no aspect, numbers for the 20Con.

Dodo 3 Star: 139
    Dodo 2 Star: 116
    Dodo 1 Star: 93

Footpad 3 Star: 129
    Footpad 2 Star: 111

The Dodo numbers drop -23SP with every star. If you work downwards from 3(or 5 if the data went that high) this will result in varying percentage drops(16.x%->19.x% difference from 3->2 then 2->1), which wouldnt make sense. So more than likely, it increases by a set percentage from the 1 star numbers.

23/93-> 24.73% increase for every star on the Dodos.
    111-18 (estimate 1 star footpad if the decrease were the same like dodos) = 93 again, coincidence? 18/93 = 19.35% increase for every star on Footpads

Small sampleset doesn't seem to show a definitive pattern, except for the starting point of 93SP for 1 Star. Solo numbers would be better than duo as it could be the party aspect causing non-consistent increases, I'll try that tomorrow. If someone wants to beat me to the punch its pretty easy to get the numbers... just start a leve, kill something, lower stars then kill another.

So I been doing Behest all day today, seems like more people are finally picking up on it which is good, the more ppl, the more mobs.
    Been getting 2.5-4k per behest. The one I got 4k was with about 15 ppl and we finished it in 8 minutes.

Might be I got it all wrong, but did they change Leve linking, so that now both players need to have the same Leve in their journal to allow linking?
    I remember I could invite anyone and share my Leves, pre patch.

It's the same as it's always been. Except you're confusing linking with sharing.

Sharing=they don't need to have it in their journal
    Linking=they do have it in their journal

New Odin
    BG Level

That's how it has always been. They just gave a bonus to it as well as give you the option to leve link instead of automatically linking it.

Leve-linking and leve-sharing are different. Both players have the same leve in their journal = leve-linking. One player has the leve with other people helping = leve-sharing.

Oh bruiser, you spoony bard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I take back everything I said about the group bonus not working, I'm 100% sure its working as intended. Think about it.

I can solo a blue mob @R30 for about 70 sp.

Add another member R30 get about the same sp. By adding another member it should cut the sp in half, but the bonus we get maintains the same sp (give or take a few) as you would solo, but can kill a lot faster. Make sense?

If you rank 30ish and want a good sp camp, get 3-4 people and go to Copperbell mines. Roam around killing Coblyns, takes about 5sec to kill for about 70-80 sp. Add Behest into rotation and get 15k+ and hour.

Coblyn... the new Birds.

New Odin
    BG Level

Would it be wrong to compare this system to XI system?

Party Size Normal Share Total Share
    1_______1.00_________1.0
    2_______0.60_________1.2
    3_______0.45_________1.35
    4_______0.40_________1.6
    5_______0.37_________1.85
    6_______0.35_________2.1

?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Coblyns are so broken. With the new SP gain mechanics being based on a mob kill now, I smell a fix to Coblyn HP. Right now, coblyns have roughly 20-30% HP of other mobs at the same rank. That's ridiculous.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Would it be wrong to compare this system to XI system?

Party Size Normal Share Total Share
    1_______1.00_________1.0
    2_______0.60_________1.2
    3_______0.45_________1.35
    4_______0.40_________1.6
    5_______0.37_________1.85
    6_______0.35_________2.1

?
    Good question. I'll see if I can dig up party xp numbers from Wow to compare.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by goodr View Post
    Good question. I'll see if I can dig up party xp numbers from Wow to compare.
    Little over the top....... I don't see anything wrong with comparing to XI... I mean hell made by the same dev, and you can't tell me there are not several similarities.

New Odin
    BG Level

It doesn't really work in the same way anyway. XI raises mob strength to such a scale that you can get good exp only by grouping...

XIV cuts the exp in half so you can get good exp only by grouping and getting the bonus.

It also goes beyond just 6 party members here. I think in XI alliance exp is straight up nerfed.

Doesn't it make sense?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:Mob_XP#Group_Experience

Code:
    1 person group = 100xp each = 1.0
    2 person group = ~50xp each = 1.0
    3 person group = ~39xp each = 1.166
    4 person group = ~33xp each = 1.3
    5 person group = ~28xp each = 1.4

New Odin
    BG Level

Yep. I really believe the bonus is there, and is applied the same way as in XI and WoW. Of course the modifiers are different, among other things.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Was exping yesterday and noticed a 25% reduction to EXP/SP by adding a 4th member.

1000 / 400 for the about an hour.
    750 / 300 after inviting someone that wasn't in the level range.

Having them change to a lower level class to fall within the range didn't change results. This is for grinding normal mobs. Going to try to get more people together to test. I think it is probably good to test with group of 1s, 11s, and 20s.

I think a better test is to get 4 people of the exact same rank. Kill a mob solo, then with 2, then with 3, then with 4. If you have even 1 person of a different rank, you introduce at least 2-3 new variables into the equation

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I meant the same rank when I said 1s, 11s, 20s.

There still seems to be remnants of the old Rank skill system in place.

Old System: The more HP a mob had, the less you'd gain per hit. I've noticed some of the mobs with double HP (or "Party" mobs) values such as Efts, Hogs, Rotten Corpse, etc to award less Rank at a higher con solo than normal mobs. (I'm able to solo Yellow Efts, Hogs etc -> Yellow check Hog gave 120 Rank and Green check buzzard gave 130 at R41)

This may still be playing a part in the Star difficulty % Rank reward upgrades and explain why some scale up at a lower percent.

Oh and if party bonus wasn't broken, there would at least be a change in Rank gain jumping from 2 to 3, or 4, or 5 etc members. There is no change in adding members meaning that nothing (negatives or positives) is getting applied past creating the party in the first place. This tells me its unintentional as if they wanted Rank to lower in a party they wouldn't allow you to get the same Rank with 2 people or 15 people and since its not going up with more members the bonus aspect is obviously not working.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdreamr View Post
    Oh and if party bonus wasn't broken, there would at least be a change in Rank gain jumping from 2 to 3, or 4, or 5 etc members.
    I think there is a change?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Numbers from last night. Someone said that skillups aren't reduced past the second member but that wasn't my experience at all:

Note it's always possible I forgot to add a new max or min.

Hippocerfs in Coerthas, r28 duo. Exped for around 30mins. Skillups never went below 100 and never above 130.
    Moved into a 4person group for around an hour. Skillups never went below 80, and never above 98.

Our ranks were 28, 28, 26 and 24.

There's some kind of bonus being applied, it just happens after the skillups are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Numbers from last night. I don't know who said that skillups aren't reduced past the second member, because that wasn't my experience at all:

Note it's always possible I forgot to add a new max or min.

Hippocerfs in Coerthas, r28 duo. Exped for around 30mins. Skillups never went below 100 and never above 130.
    Moved into a 4person group for around an hour. Skillups never went below 80, and never above 98.

Our ranks were 28, 28, 26 and 24.

There's some kind of bonus being applied, it just happens after the skillups are divided.
    Unfortunately, the average level of the party changed when you added those 2 extra people, so that's an extra variable into the equation that didn't remain constant between the before/after.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast