1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Patch SP findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Leve-linking and leve-sharing are different. Both players have the same leve in their journal = leve-linking. One player has the leve with other people helping = leve-sharing.
    Got it, but then what are the chances for a group of 4 ppl to be able to do more than 2-3 linked leves then?
    What I'm not getting is how leve-linking, as stated in this tread, is supposed to be the way to go for rank ups. Honest question, it just seems very unlikely to have more than a bunch of leves available for linking. Can it be that the bonus is so high you only need such few?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Got it, but then what are the chances for a group of 4 ppl to be able to do more than 2-3 linked leves then?
    What I'm not getting is how leve-linking, as stated in this tread, is supposed to be the way to go for rank ups. Honest question, it just seems very unlikely to have more than a bunch of leves available for linking. Can it be that the bonus is so high you only need such few?
    If the bonus is double if linking with 2, or triple when linking with 3, etc then it's mathematically equivalent to not linking and doing the leve once for each person. But the verdict is still out on that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdreamr View Post
    There is no change in adding members meaning that nothing (negatives or positives) is getting applied past creating the party in the first place. This tells me its unintentional as if they wanted Rank to lower in a party they wouldn't allow you to get the same Rank with 2 people or 15 people and since its not going up with more members the bonus aspect is obviously not working.
    If there is no change to SP when adding members, that would tell me the bonus is working.... Your skill would go down down when adding more members (or at least I would think so) Makes sense to me, and not sure why your SP wouldn't decrease when adding more members. The fact that it stays nearly the same tells me the bonus is there, just not like we hoped it would be. Also, solo a mob. Look at your exp gain. Add a member the same rank. Check exp gain now. Exp takes a good hit (no bonus for exp) where your SP stays about the same.

New Odin
    BG Level

The multiplier would have to be huge for the SP to stay about the same... that can't be right?

You would almost double the skill you gain from a single mob in a duo for example..

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...7148e9b09902e1

Current Known Issues.

Nothing listed about skill gain or group bonus, again I'm almost positive the bonus is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...7148e9b09902e1

Current Known Issues.

Nothing listed about skill gain or group bonus, again I'm almost positive the bonus is working as intended.
    In that case they should explain why the thing they're calling "bonus" does not seem to exist.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The theory seems to be explained relatively well at this point if you would take the time to read the last page. It can be confirmed by the following, which I am currently unable to log on if anyone wants to do it:

-Kill an enemy solo
    -Kill same enemy with someone of the same Rank
    -Kill same enemy with someone outside of the boost range

If the bonus is working after the split happens as theorized, trials 2/3 will give different results. If the bonus isn't working, they should be the same.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    In that case they should explain why the thing they're calling "bonus" does not seem to exist.
    I just don't think you are getting it. Let me try in even more simpler terms.

Look at it like this... A blue dodo has 100 skill points to give out when you kill him. If you solo him you get all 100 skill. If you duo him you split the skill, 50 skill each member. (without any bonus) The bonus kicks in, and the players get near 100 skill each. (seems to be about 10 less per member, rather than full gain) Again, not the big bonus we were all used to before the patch, and not what we were hoping for. But allows you to group up without taking a hit to the skill you earn and kill much faster.

I don't know any other way to try to explain it, and it is quite simple to test.

Edit: wtf at my sig. not updating in like a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    The theory seems to be explained relatively well at this point if you would take the time to read the last page. It can be confirmed by the following, which I am currently unable to log on if anyone wants to do it:

-Kill an enemy solo
    -Kill same enemy with someone of the same Rank
    -Kill same enemy with someone outside of the boost range

If the bonus is working after the split happens as theorized, trials 2/3 will give different results. If the bonus isn't working, they should be the same.
    Let me rephrase. Assuming the bonus is happening after the split and is working as intended, they should explain why they intend for people grouping in parties to not have their overall SP / member going up after each kill when adding more members, but instead going down.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's probably working "as intended", but if this the kind of exp/hour they're expecting us to gain, i'd rather spend my time working on a levelling bot.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Let me rephrase. Assuming the bonus is happening after the split and is working as intended, they should explain why they intend for people grouping in parties to not have their overall SP / member going up after each kill when adding more members, but instead going down.
    Derp... probably because you're killing the same thing faster?

I personally don't have a problem with the currently attainable rates(I just think there has the be more reward for going up the chain, since theres no reason to fight anything harder), 10-12k/hr outside leves is nothing to scoff at. And I wouldnt be surprised if 20k/hr was attainable through leves/behest, which is obviously where they want us to be.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    It's probably working "as intended", but if this the kind of exp/hour they're expecting us to gain, i'd rather spend my time working on a levelling bot.
    I don't think the sp/hour is that bad. But i'm a GLA, and pre-patch I was happy with maybe hitting 10k an hour rank 25+. Now 15k an hour is very easy to get, but requires A LOT more work. I do think they need to boost the skill gains from harder mobs. 250-350 I think would be fair, rather than the 100-150 they give now, which makes harder mobs pointless. I would rather go after harder mobs, that requires players working together rather than just get 4 people and spam your hearts out and kill as fast as you can.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah...

It really seems like they want us to break our exp time to do nearby behests and leves on the way. It's not forceful but it is quite annoying considering what we had and then it was taken away and replaced with this. It wouldn't be nearly as bad either if behests and leves weren't terrible content devoid of any lore or good rewards. They're just so ...flat.

Anyhow at rank 28/29 i've been pulling 7k/h in Nanawa killing coblyns and puks on gladiator. I love the new solo capability since it fits my hardcore mentality/casual schedule since school is still in session.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Yeah...

It really seems like they want us to break our exp time to do nearby behests and leves on the way. It's not forceful but it is quite annoying considering what we had and then it was taken away and replaced with this. It wouldn't be nearly as bad either if behests and leves weren't terrible content devoid of any lore or good rewards. They're just so ...flat.
    More flat than what was taken away from you? lol.

At least this system will get better as they release less... flat leves.

Not that I think they're that bad, probably has to do with the pace I'm getting progress though. Higher ranks need more interesting leves.

What exactly is the exp difference between different con mobs right now, solo?

What I fear is, if they boost the exp bonus further on higher end mobs, there will be pigeon holing and "required" setups. It's not exactly XI's system though so it may be unwarranted.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I havent done any testing outside leves yet, but you can see my 3->2 star Footpad numbers a few pages ago. 3 star were red as a pack and quite difficult for the duo, 2 star was blue and we breezed through. Difference of 18SP. Haven't gotten around to solo testing yet either.

Maintenance tomorrow btw.

Leve : A Feast Fit for a Queen 1 Star (R20 Tranquil)
    Guardian Favor : Yes
    SP : 620 Bea Cloud

Leve : A Feast Fit for a Queen 1 Star
    SP : 495 Bea Cloud

New Odin
    BG Level

Too bad I failed trying to solo the same leve before today. I'll try it again tomorrow.

It seems the exp difference between each color is not that significant. For example in XI, the exp you gain from monsters goes up drastically the higher level it is. I think the growth is just more linear in this game. Or we aren't fighting high level enough mobs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sooo I was upset at the amount of sp per kill in my R30 leves (1 or 2 star solo, 150-175 per kill, no fatigue) and thought I would try a rank 20, 5 star just to see. I got 211 sp per kill with fatigue, so would have been higher. Looks like I will not be doing R30s unless they give a reward I can't pass up.

I have done nothing but R30 leves (1 or 2 star, at least 20 leves) since the patch and never got more than 180ish per kill. I did a few R20s on my ARC R14 and was getting 500-700sp.

I will be sticking to R20 5 stars till I hit 33 and start R40s.

edit: I'm rank 30, pretty sure I was only on rank 1 fatigue.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
    SP : 620 Bea Cloud

SP : 495 Bea Cloud
    Thats crazy, I havent done anything that low.. mostly in the high teens/20s and I'm looking at 300max/200s. Really tapers off.

And I dont think 30s give any less SP persay, but the difference between 1->5 star SHOULD be close to double based on my numbers from earlier.

Ranks : R11 MRD R50 Conj
    Leve : Corpus Adamance 1 Star
    SP : Lady Bug 381, Devlit 525

Ranks : R11 MRD R50 Conj
    Leve : Turning In 5,4,3 Star
    SP : Gnat 341

I found it interesting that bumping the star rating down did not effect the skill points. So there has to be some ceiling implemented based on level gap or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast