1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Patch SP findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Post-Patch SP findings

Post your numbers.

Blah
    blah
    blah
    blah

Semi-outdated information pre-Feb 2nd patch. A lot of the rules still seem to hold true, boosting seems to function the same way as does links/aspect.. just bigger numbers in the equations. Leve star data doesnt seem applicable anymore for obvious reasons.

Leve Star testing:

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Couldnt get any linking data today but:

20Con+21Arc Duo, no aspect, numbers for the 20Con.

Dodo 3 Star: 139
    Dodo 2 Star: 116
    Dodo 1 Star: 93

Footpad 3 Star: 129
    Footpad 2 Star: 111

The Dodo numbers drop -23SP with every star. If you work downwards from 3(or 5 if the data went that high) this will result in varying percentage drops(16.x%->19.x% difference from 3->2 then 2->1), which wouldnt make sense. So more than likely, it increases by a set percentage from the 1 star numbers.

23/93-> 24.73% increase for every star on the Dodos.
    111-18 (estimate 1 star footpad if the decrease were the same like dodos) = 93 again, coincidence? 18/93 = 19.35% increase for every star on Footpads

Small sampleset doesn't seem to show a definitive pattern, except for the starting point of 93SP for 1 Star. Solo numbers would be better than duo as it could be the party aspect causing non-consistent increases, I'll try that tomorrow. If someone wants to beat me to the punch its pretty easy to get the numbers... just start a leve, kill something, lower stars then kill another.
    Soloed a leve and took the time to continue testing stars, 1->4 progression went like this(23 Con): 69>89>109>129

Doesn't seem to be a percentage of the starting number, since previous tests showed 19% and 25% increases.. and this trial shows 29%. They all however increase similarly in value (+18/20/23), so I'm sure the math is there somewhere... just don't know what it is.
    Party Boost testing:

Party boost is confirmed working, and the fact that people earlier in the thread gave very contradictory 'data' pisses me off a bit. Test correctly or not at all please.

21 Conj versus Yellow(while solo) Aldgoat Nannies
    -Solo, 110SP/275XP
    -Grouped w/ 21ARC, 99SP/248XP
    -Grouped w/ 21ARC+21MRD, 88SP/218XP
    -Grouped w/ 2LNC, 53SP/133XP (LNC got 352SP/880XP) *nanny changed con to Red when the Rank2 joined as the average party level dropped, insignificant but just noting

When grouped with someone outside boost range, SP dropped to 48% of the original value. When grouped with someone in boost range, SP was exactly 90% of the original value. When grouped with two people within boost range, exactly 80% of the original value. EXP also scaled to the same percentages, but were not exact and needed to be rounded... so the formula may be very slightly different if at all(just because SP were clean numbers and exact and EXP came out to 90.repeatingdecimal etc). I made sure to grab people who were exactly the same rank as to not mess with the average party level should that be a factor.
    Leve Link testing:

Quick Leve-Link test:

3 person party, no aspect no link = 87. 1 person linked, 130. Probable that its double SP, and I was just seeing the reduction with 2 people in the party?
    General information/theories:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/100...=1#post4300405

Just got 75 sword/75 shield off a blue mob. It seems that your SP gains are split between the two. Kinda sucks if you're partying and get left behind because your shield is stealing half your SP...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

Pt of 8, ranks 40-45 on raptors at ever lakes, about 80 a kill, wheeee

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Pt of 11, ranks 25-39 on Black Efts. 150-175 per kill

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Getting 150-200 in a 3 person party on leves with 3 stars without favor. And 200-325 with favor and linking. Lvl 30 leves.

6. 2010-11-25 22:02

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Neoscrilla View Post
    Pt of 8, ranks 40-45 on raptors at ever lakes, about 80 a kill, wheeee
    DAMMIT

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Should give more conventional parties a whirl, 5-6. If it's a static number, full ally zergs may not be the way to go anymore. And since there are no more procs to worry about, no reason to fight shit that rapes like Raptors anyway.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Should give more conventional parties a whirl, 5-6. If it's a static number, full ally zergs may not be the way to go anymore. And since there are no more procs to worry about, no reason to fight shit that rapes like Raptors anyway.
    Very good point about 15 man parties not necessarily being the way to go now. In the parties I've been in thus far it was very laid back with regards to AFKing since you got PT bonus and no EXP leeching. But now, if you have someone AFKing or acting like dead weight, it can actually hurt your exp. This is good thing for sure in the long run, but Raptor EXP was just so easy on DoM

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

R35 Gladiator (2040~ HP before at VIT cap, now 1720~)

Nanawa Mines. Coblyn proved roughly same SP as Puk but died fasters, and were better SP in time.
    Tam-tara Puks. 70-90SP died quick but take HP down more than Coblyn.

Tested party SP on Black Efts 130-150 in around 8 people PT.
    Antelope Stag, Camp Glory - 100-120SP~ (Same PT)
    Island Crab (Casseopia) 70-80 PT of 4~ (120~, solo as yellow)
    Jellyfish 20~ in PT of 4~ and 45~ solo.

Bleeeeeh, not liking this. Solo is soo boring

Doblyn...kill with 10.(all within proper range)

90sp...

kill with 5...

90sp...

kill with 2...

90sp...

system is completely fucked.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Leve: Inferno in Hollows 1 Star

Solo 175SP with favour

Duo 75 without favour

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did a rank 30 Leve (2 star) at rank 33 and got 125-175 SP a kill. Slightly better but not that great. Got 86 SP a kill fighting green mobs at rank 33. Typical before patch was 0-150 per. Soloing still doesn't seem that great unless you kill blue mobs fast.

The new SP seems to help lower ranks much more in soloing/partying. I can't imagine this is what was intended, since it basically destroyed 15-man parties.

Edit: I'm now even more confused. Rank 33 fighting solo against a green Skele near Humblearth, 135 SP. Solo fighting a yellow lightning elemental at the same rank, SP is 115. How can a higher level mob give me less SP solo?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    Doblyn...kill with 10.(all within proper range)

90sp...

kill with 5...

90sp...

kill with 2...

90sp...

system is completely fucked.
    And solo?

[edit] Either way, it'd be clearly broken if that's the case. They specifically mention extending the boost-level to +5/-10, not removing it completely.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Tested SP gain as a Gladiator and SP is not shared between sword and shield. I was getting 235 SP from leve mobs at rank21 for both Sword and Shield, removed my shield and fought a group of leve mobs and still got 235 sword SP. I'll also throw this out while I'm at it that using your shield in a fight has no impact at all as well on your SP gains as I went through some fights not using any shield skills and still got equal SP for my shield as I did with sword.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Llane

1 star R 40 leves solo getting 145 sp a kill no guardian aspect

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

10 person group of 39-48. Ever Lakes raptors ~150. Before I joined, they said Drakes were giving 200 but took too long to kill.

Tried Snippers near widow cliffs, 50 a kill.
    5* leve w/ efts, 200-250 a kill with favor, and 2 leve-linkers.

We decided to go to Mistbeard since we were at Bald Knoll, mobs there gave 30-70 per kill depending on which. Then we ported to Tam-Tara and went downstairs. 30-70 a kill there as well. Grinded for an hour and I got just around 11k/hour.

F'ed up. I smell an emergency maintenance soon.

And solo?

[edit] Either way, it'd be clearly broken if that's the case. They specifically mention extending the boost-level to +5/-10, not removing it completely.
    solo like 140~

In other news:
    level 10 gladiator, 5 star revenge of the dodos, 998 SP per dodo with favor, the fuck?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just did a battlewarden fight at camp bearded rock as a 12 pgl, partied with a 29 gla (I assumed the guy would change to something lower, he didn't). I got ~100 SP per kill, and there was about 26 mobs total. Even when the gla would one shot things, 100 SP for me, nothing for him. All the mobs seemed to have really low HP. Might be interesting to see what higher level battlewarden fights are like SP wise now.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    solo like 140~

In other news:
    level 10 gladiator, 5 star revenge of the dodos, 998 SP per dodo with favor, the fuck?
    How the fuck? Doing this on my level 14 THM and I had to reduce the difficulty to 2 stars because they were face-raping me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast