1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UI Fonts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    This is something that they should get rid of in one of the updates. I'm sick of staring at my map for 5 minutes at a time trying to figure out what the fuck it says, when I'm looking for something.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm back to using the default font. Didn't want to miss out on the JP squiggles.

Just wish there was an option to adjust the font size for chat/log. That would be perfect.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Would love it if any non-default font rendered in a readable size.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

LOL. This made me laugh because it drives home how absurd it is that S-E uses this font for things we're actually expected to read. I won't argue that aesthetically it looks very cool, but they did not implement it logically at all. It would be like if the Hylean language signs in SNES Zelda didn't have a window that pops up with the English translation. Total form over function (which I guess is a pretty accurate description of the game as a whole right now).

SayomiSassaki

I know It's a weird font, but I'm sure there will be some Geek Fan someday that will try to learn it and play with that...

Geek Fan? More like God-like Being

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bastardus Sans was the Brandson/FFXIStyle font right?

Where can I get that, and does it support JP text?

edit: read that he used trebuchet, but still the question still is that if bastardus supports JP text.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelee0351 View Post
    This is something that they should get rid of in one of the updates. I'm sick of staring at my map for 5 minutes at a time trying to figure out what the fuck it says, when I'm looking for something.
    Agreed. When they posted the directions to get to each city on the Lodestone they used names of paths and stuff that are on the maps. I couldn't even tell what they said on the map before then. It's retarded.

SayomiSassaki

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    Geek Fan? More like God-like Being
    Why? If you dont know Japanese character, you will learn them and be able to understand and read them normaly so the same can apply, it's always the same character for the same letter so... (and I'm not thinking of learning it lol it's just that there is ppl out there who could do it i wouldn't be surprise)

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Bastardus Sans was the Brandson/FFXIStyle font right?

Where can I get that, and does it support JP text?

edit: read that he used trebuchet, but still the question still is that if bastardus supports JP text.
    sadly no, I get **** characters for jp text

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Sit down and translate everything on any single small map and you'll be able to read Eorzean from then on. It's really not that bad. I've always got a kick out of translating fictional alternate alphabets (tolkein, FFXIII, Ultima, etc.) Also, I don't think there's one thing on any map that you actually "need" to read that's only written in Eorzean. Anything of any importance is written over it in English.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hahahah thats badass! I love it