Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

1. Regain Roll.
    Evoker's Roll caps at 5 with an 11 w/ SMN in party. Realistically ~3 is to be expected. Regain is always rarer and lower than Refresh (drinks, atmas, lack of it on gear, etc), so I think it's a safe assumption to say it'll be lower here. Even calling it 3tp/tick...
    Sam roll w/ Sam in party is pretty safe to assume ~30 stp. For a Sam that's 11.1*.3=3.33 per hit (which is <1 tick). For a Mnk that's 3.7 avg per attack around, again faster than 1 tick.
    In addition to this, you can rely on StoreTP, it -will- coincide with your attack round. On the other hand, regain can tick at inopportune times and is a pain to plan for.
    Really, I don't see a regain roll beating Sam roll in a realistic situation...it will likely be lower than what I said, as I'm comparing to a smn in party evoker's roll, and I think I'm overrating regain. That being said, it's nice for "pre buffing"...enter a BC and put it up while mages buff/rest MP or something.

2. /sch vs /rdm.
    Giving up gravity, 5% fast cast, refresh, convert, MDB2, Phalanx, slow, paralyze, silence.
    Gain 2.5% recast, -10% mp cost, 2 strategems, Sublimation...can -na/erase, but it's a huge sacrifice, and /whm is honestly better if you think you'll need them...

Honestly, not going to do all the math, but I don't think it's anywhere near the tradeoff people are making it out to be. It's lackluster at best, and likely worse for you overall. Definitely bad for small mobs where silence/grav are nice. Slow and para are nice to have, and really, you'd need to be looking at an ~8-9min fight for it to even compete on MP. Otherwise convert front-loads MP.

3. Sch/nin solo/duo.
    Still missing out on 45% fastcast for ichi, slow2, a useful 2hr, unlimited sustainable mp, haste, addle, gravity, bind, silence(?), good haste gear, good pdt/mdt gear, relies on grimoire. Is it much better than before? For sure. Is it a red mage? Most definitely not.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I really do celebrate the new COR stuff, as SE is clearly pushing for the job to be shooting a lot...also, the Regain roll certainly is nice, but I would expect a lot of the numbers to have regain at the tenth decimal, so maybe on an 11 you get 2-3 TP/tic whereas on other numbers it may be .5, .8, 1.2, etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What if the rate means it opens extra slots for mobs to drop stuff into? X.x

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

In addition to the above, performance-enhancing tweaks will be introduced for a host of existing job abilities. The exciting details will be announced in the very near future, so stay tuned!

This was the best thing in it ,

word

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    What if the rate means it opens extra slots for mobs to drop stuff into? X.x
    I dont have access, but maybe other language sites have a more clear translation

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

sec gonna check the german update notes

Goldener Pfeil (RNG Lv.87, Nutzungsintervall: 5 Minuten)
    Erhöht die Chance, Beute zu erhalten.

Translate word to word

Golden arrow

increases the chance to optain drops

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I wonder what how /mnk counterstance is going to be.

Sam/mnk tank anyone?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

French notes don't really help. The translation for the SCH spell is right though.
    It kinda fits for Regain and SCH always gets latin names for their spells with the exception of storms.

Gunitsoldier

SMN & PUP got shitted on

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Really rather lackluster for most jobs. I guess Addle was it for SE thinking up a new enfeeble for the year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Gunitsoldier View Post
    SMN & PUP got shitted on
    unless there's more ws coming our way, and the scythe or gs is critial-able, add DRK to that list. Why even bring anything other than a monk anymore? (having 3/3 +2 tantra, not a huge deal on my end, but still...)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They also completely forgot about BST. If you actually look at the whole picture at least SMN got something. BST and PUP aren't even mentioned.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I wouldn't be so quick to think BLM/SCH is the death of BLM/RDM. /RDM adds a lot more to BLM than just Stoneskin.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'll trade Aquaveil/Blink/Stoneskin/Spikes for Cure V on SCH. Damn, is it really too ridiculous to break Cure IV on anything other than WHM?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There might be a secondary Job Adjustments update? I'm kinda just really hoping they didn't completely forget BST and PUP...

Could simply sneak new BST jugs in with Synergy Recipes..

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    BUT THEY PROMISED 99 QQ

Never heard of "heretofore" before but dang, time to put it in the same category as smorgasbord.
    No actually they didn't. Eventually 99.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I don't think /SCH replaces /RDM for BLM (no Convert, no Refresh). The new BLM Fast Cast will be awesome for kite nuking, and the hate dump goes well with Manawall duoing stuff. In Abyssea I rarely find myself out of MP on BLM, so I tend to use Convert as something to keep Manawall active and let me nuke more freely. I will likely use the hate-dump only when Manawall is about to really run out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    There might be a secondary Job Adjustments update? I'm kinda just really hoping they didn't completely forget BST and PUP...

Could simply sneak new BST jugs in with Synergy Recipes..
    The second job adjustment update is about changes to existing JAs. I can see PUP getting some fixes eventually but I don't think weapon skills count as fixing something lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The second job adjustment update is about changes to existing JAs. I can see PUP getting some fixes eventually but I don't think weapon skills count as fixing something lol.
    Good lord insurgency/guillotine crit ws please please please please....

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Edit: No puppet weapon skills is disappointing. Is there even a point in using any frame other than Spiritreaver /Soulsoother?
    Other than skill ups my puppet is always on either <.<
    These would fit into job adjustments more than this topic. We will find out soon enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast