BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sabishii View Post
    Since in abyssea, you don't really even need TH in a group, since you can guarantee weapon/armor/upgrade item/atma/abyssite/etc. drops by triggering weaknesses.
    I wish this was true. I've helped kill Gangly Gean quite a few times, and it wasn't until the 4th blue kill that we got his accessory to drop. Our group takes THF for Collaborator and increased drop rates on trigger items. They can also evasion tank quite a few NMs.

The SCH changes are too little, too late as a main and a subjob.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I wonder if the Movement speed duration will be like Bp StoneSkin and Blink.....That'd be so hawt.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I wonder if the Movement speed duration will be like Bp StoneSkin and Blink.....That'd be so hawt.
    Blood Pact: Ward "Fleet Wind" (SMN Lv.86 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 2 min.)
    Increases movement speed for party members within area of effect.
    Duration 2mins.
    Reading is hard.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not to be ultra geeky but in reference to the new nin ability, Migawari is also the term used for Pokemon's substitute ability.. as well as in other games where you can replace your character with a fake for a little bit, have that absorb the damage, while you sit back and beat up your opponent :D

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It's 2 minutes, says it right there...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It could last longer depending on Summoning magic skill.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I don't know how to read D:

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It could last longer depending on Summoning magic skill.
    Does not say duration modified by Summoning Magic. Stop getting your hopes up.
    On another note, /SCH might be more viable as a subjob now, but as said before ad nauseum, Convert and Refresh are hard to beat.
    I may have to break BLU out of retirement for Everyone's Grudge, we'll see.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't know how to read D:
    http://www.survivingthestores.com/wp...on-phonics.gif {Do you need it?}

Quote Originally Posted by Yekyaa View Post
    Does not say duration modified by Summoning Magic. Stop getting your hopes up.
    On another note, /SCH might be more viable as a subjob now, but as said before ad nauseum, Convert and Refresh are hard to beat.
    I may have to break BLU out of retirement for Everyone's Grudge, we'll see.
    I don't remember, do any of the BP's actually state the durations are modified by Summoning Magic?

Edit: Answered my own question. No, they don't. It's possible. Though they also don't say a duration like Fleeting Wind does.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"# Blood Pact: Ward "Earthen Armor" (SMN Lv.82 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
    Mitigates the impact of severely damaging attacks for party members within area of effect."

They never mentioned this one had longer duration depending on skill yet it does.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

They also never wrote down the duration, just the BP recast.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    But where does that leave PLD!?
    PLD is a job? Throw some MNKs on some shit.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seriously one of the worst movies of all time!

Im looking forward to seeing WAR/MNK with Retaliation and Counterstance up...should be a lot of countering goin on

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Much lost dps from loss of hasso in addition to no tp from counters (and I'd assume they proc before retaliation) so would be hurting dps from that stand point. If you're going to counter tank you may as well just use a mnk to do so.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Seems everything is pretty much in-line with what I posted here.

SCH getting the defensive line of spells is a pleasant surprise, though my WHM still won't have access to Ice Spikes.
    The new SCH spell is also a surprise, or maybe they just decided to release it earlier than expected.

SMN stuff: Mana Cede sounds like a straight up Spirit Link for Avatar TP to me, due to the notes on it including nothing on duration. Could be handy for an extra burst of damage depending on what you're fighting, particularly for an Astral Flow Bloodpact that's already enhanced by Atma. It's more than about time for a Movement Speed Ward. Two minutes duration is crap, but makes me happy that I'm 8/8 SMN magic merits. Shiva's new pact seems largely unnecessary given the game's current environment. As for people lol'ing about Ifrit's new Enfire, what remains to be seen is exactly how strong it is. The reason Rolling Thunder sucks is because its damage is based off of the enhancing magic skill level of the target receiving the Enthunder, so it doesn't really enhance the damage of the jobs that would be able to most utilize it (melee jobs). If SE was smart enough to fix the calculations and soup up the damage, Inferno Howl could prove to be fairly useful - and with 1 minute duration, it'd have to be. Also bear in mind the things they've been doing with Enspells lately where they might contain further additional effects (Enlight/Endark sup).

BLM: New spells, saw them coming. Enmity Douse seems cool, too bad it only works on one target with a 10min recast. Seems like another OSHIT ability similar to Mana Wall. The best thing coming is probably Elemental Celerity just for procing Grellow with AMs.

MNK: OMGWTFBBQKITTENS IMPETUS. As a side note, it seems like a good addressing for MNK on the fact that H2H is considered a one-hand weapon in the damage calculations and thus inferior to our 2H counterparts in attack rating (excluding the base damage increases). Three minute duration is nice compared to the 2min on Focus. I just wonder how high the crit rate can actually go... Tack on Aggressor and Berserk (and a WHM with unlimited MP) and MNK is going to wipe the floor with absolutely everything.

Circle2 abilities are lol by themselves, but potentially good for bursts of extra damage when paired with Circle1.
    WAR gets a crit bonus warcry, RNG TH and DRG commanded breaths (1 min recast on each) are pretty nice as well. Wonder how it handles status cures compared to healing breaths.

The most important thing about this update is the possibilities of enhancements to all these abilities that can probably be found on the new Empyrean armor pieces. Impetus already sounds awesome on paper, what if something like the MNK empyrean hands enhance this when upgraded? We've already seen things like enhancements to Perfect Counter and Mana Wall on our current pieces. inb4 RNGs better wear whatever piece of armor enhances Bounty Shot because its all they're good for.

My only trouble with this update is deciding which job to take up to 90 first...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

pretty much every single ward pact's duration varies with summoning magic skill other than earthen ward and aerial armor.. tho tbh, ever since they changed it for a select few pacts last update i don't think anyone has bothered to figure out the new durations

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Will those breath commands make healing breath usable without subbing a mage job?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Smiting Breath (DRG Lv.90 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
    Orders the wyvern to attack with its breath.

Restoring Breath (DRG Lv.90 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
    Orders the wyvern to heal with its breath.
    Not sure if want. This either completely breaks how healing breath works right now, or puts wyverns into a "stance" where they automatically use healing breath/damage breath, which would be awesome if it doesn't seriously change how it works, or just makes the current situation with healing breath spam easier.

=^.^=
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Will those breath commands make healing breath usable without subbing a mage job?
    I'm guessing not, but it probably will be usable with /NIN, and all the other useless multipurpose subs for that matter. That's rather nice, being that I rarely have a chance to trigger Healing Breath on /NIN. Also, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that both breath abilities are on a shared timer. I wonder if they're abilities or pet commands...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    PLD is a job? Throw some MNKs on some shit.
    LOL Sad and true. I actually have a full set of leg seals yet my PLD has yet to go past 75. I guess this leaves PLD.... even deeper in the "LOL-hole".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast