Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

You're arguing over a nerf with no evidence. If THF has a value of 5, as you put it, under current conditions and /THF people at 90 can get that same value, what is the point of nerfing THF back down to 1 by overly complicating code to maybe bump it up to 10? No, it'll start at fucking 5 (maybe 6 or 7 with TH3 trait at 90) and then possibly go up to that 10. Exchange numbers for actual ones we'll never know until SE gabs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    My "speculation"as you call it, as least has something to back it up. See, There is no reason, not a single word anywhere in the Update notes lead any hint at the fact SE nerfed it to where you will get a "Shit tier" TH with just 1 hit.

Their entire update notes imply You can Apply TH, then have a chance to "Improve" "Enhance" "WHATEVER" it through successive hits, or SA / TA.

If you can pick out one single word in the entire update notes that imply that TH will be "Nerf tier" unless you melee the NM up to "standard", I'll concede we're both "Randomly Speculating"
    Well, that's a bad argument. They specifically say they're changing it so it increases on a per hit or per damage basis. There's no reason to believe it starts from the same base except:
    1) Because the new enhancement is THF main only, there's reason to believe the minimum base is the same level you'd get if you went /THF, TH2.
    2) SE mentioned nothing about changing how TH+1 items work.
    therefore:
    3) The lowest level of TH you can put on something is likely TH2+3, just like before.

TH3 may not be automatic, but TH2+enhancements probably is.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

TH will still be a myth, unless you proc !!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

ok one question.. ._.

/thf no good for farming anymore??? D':

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My "speculation"as you call it, as least has something to back it up. See, There is no reason, not a single word anywhere in the Update notes lead any hint at the fact SE nerfed it to where you will get a "Shit tier" TH with just 1 hit.

Their entire update notes imply You can Apply TH, then have a chance to "Improve" "Enhance" "WHATEVER" it through successive hits, or SA / TA.

If you can pick out one single word in the entire update notes that imply that TH will be "Nerf tier" unless you melee the NM up to "standard", I'll concede we're both "Randomly Speculating"

Until then, I'm looking at facts, and you're being pessimistic.
    Because SE always spells everything out in a straight forward easy to understand manner.

HEY GUISE THF SUCKS LOL LETS BUFF TH SO THAT PPL WILL WANT THEM TO MELEE MORE, BUT WE'LL LET THEM KEEP ON DOING EXACTLY WHAT WE DON'T WANT THEM TO DO TOO JUST CUZ WE'RE COOL GUISE LIKE THAT LOLZ

Ya, that's exactly what they're thinking.

Sword of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phoenyx Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Ultima
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kongolo View Post
    ok one question.. ._.

Why wouldn't it be? You'll have access to TH2 with the level increase with /THF. Nothin' in the update notes about TH now workin' while /THF.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kongolo View Post
    ok one question.. ._.

you'll still have TH2, but wont be the same as having a mule THF mule with TH2. at least thats what im reading

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    You're arguing over a nerf with no evidence. If THF has a value of 5, as you put it, under current conditions and /THF people at 90 can get that same value, what is the point of nerfing THF back down to 1 by overly complicating code to maybe bump it up to 10? No, it'll start at fucking 5 (maybe 6 or 7 with TH3 trait at 90) and then possibly go up to that 10. Exchange numbers for actual ones we'll never know until SE gabs.
    How is raising the potential TH a nerf again?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Well, that's a bad argument. They specifically say they're changing it so it increases on a per hit or per damage basis. There's no reason to believe it starts from the same base except:
    1) Because the new enhancement is THF main only, there's reason to believe the minimum base is the same level you'd get if you went /THF, TH2.
    2) SE mentioned nothing about changing how TH+1 items work.
    therefore:
    3) The lowest level of TH you can put on something is likely TH2+3, just like before.

TH3 may not be automatic, but TH2+enhancements probably is.
    Actually, its a very good argument, I still don't see anywhere in your post or the other guys post where you can point out any hint that they're nerfing Treasure hunter down to a lower-form of TH if you don't continually melee.

and You're right, they do specifically say they're changing it to "increase" on a per-hit basis. not to "Nerf then improve".

Your theorymunching suggests a THF is a lesser bonus to TH unless they melee for X whatever criteria. At which point, the new TH mule just becomes the guy with /THF at 45 since he doesn't need to do anything extra to get the old benefit. There's no nerf between the two, only now the THF can be that much better at it without silly complications.

Sword of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phoenyx Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Ultima
    FFXI Server
    Siren

My interpretation of the TH adjustments:
    - TH3 will act just like TH2
    - TH+ items will continue to function as they have
    - New TH adjustment system will marginally increase TH tier through damage/SA/TA procs. Example: TH3+3 from gear applies TH6 to mob. Successive increases through the new system allows for TH6.x (possibly TH7 or higher, but I assume there will be a cap <=1).

All assumption/speculation/theory on my part, but it seems plausible given how the system currently works and the diction of the update notice. Additional points of speculation:
    - New system is volatile in nature; effect may wear off over a period of inactivity by the THF
    - Additional THFs in the party may or may not accumulate TH increases via this new system, i.e. THF1 may or may not increase the level of TH applied by THF2

I'm sure others will think of more.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Actually, its a very good argument, I still don't see anywhere in your post or the other guys post where you can point out any hint that they're nerfing Treasure hunter down to a lower-form of TH if you don't continually melee.

and You're right, they do specifically say they're changing it to "increase" on a per-hit basis. not to "Nerf then improve".
    I just meant your argument wasn't based on anything. If you reason it using my patented three-step program, you'll reach the same conclusion with a much more logical basis~!

Buy now, $19.95 + Shipping and Handling!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wow so much Q.Qing for something that is pure speculation... It's like when SE announced "Hey ya'll we'll be adding more add-ons"...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I just meant your argument wasn't based on anything. If you reason it using my patented three-step program, you'll reach the same conclusion with a much more logical basis~!

Buy now, $19.95 + Shipping and Handling!

Actually, My argument was rooted in the fact that the update notes all specifically Imply the ability to "Enhance" Treasure hunter. My argument was rooted in the fact that no where in the update notes does it even hint that THF Main will now suffer a Treasure hunter "Nerf" unless they melee to a certain point.

I don't think basing my arguments on what information i have at hand and can read as "nothing"

Edit: Also entirely too cheap for a 19.95 + shipping item.

Make it 4.95 and free shipping, then we'll talk.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone arguing that a system is being implemented where /thf TH will be better than thf TH is an idiot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I love bg, only 4 hours later and almost 7 pages of bitching about what's supposed to be a thf buff that people are assuming is a nerf. Fucking wait for the update and find out, all these twisted panties - omg I have to fulltime thf knife...who gives a shit it's better than subbing blm bio > warp (unless you're using your mule for this).

Only thing that worries me is the adjusted drop rates, hopefully nothing too critical is changed about blue !! on scars/visions zones.

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    less than 24 hours ago a friend of mine was crying about thf, and now all his wildest dreams just came true. lucky bastard!
    NO U

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vincento View Post
    I love bg, only 4 hours later and almost 7 pages of bitching about what's supposed to be a thf buff that people are assuming is a nerf. Fucking wait for the update and find out, all these twisted panties - omg I have to fulltime thf knife...who gives a shit it's better than subbing blm bio > warp (unless you're using your mule for this).

Only thing that worries me is the adjusted drop rates, hopefully nothing too critical is changed about blue !! on scars/visions zones.
    Adjusted Drop rate was a joke.

Quickly update that now before Rocl finds out!

...I saw no mention of adjusted drop rates unless you're buying into the "old SE" spoof.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Meh I won't bother, I skimmed too much. I will take the hit, but my point still stands.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vincento View Post
    Meh I won't bother, I skimmed too much. I will take the hit, but my point still stands.
    I got hit too bro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast