Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Im not sure where you fuckers got that whole fulltime th gear bullshit from. In the old interview it said the highest TH is what sticks to the mob so fulltiming that gear logically will do absolutely nothing for TH that putting it on at 5~1% wont do.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hey SE, where the fuck are my split waltz timers?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Truthfully I'm responding to you cause Hookah is so stupid its making me lose my faith in humanity, So i'm going to ignore his rampant retardation and baseless assumptions.
    Umad much? There's really no reason to be getting so worked up over something like this, you just sound silly at this point.

At least I can make a coherent arguement without resorting to personal insults and repsonding with to people with Actually, its a very good argument.

PROTIP: If you have to tell other people you have a good arguement, you don't.

Nice edit BTW, let the butthurt flow.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Your theorymunching suggests a THF is a lesser bonus to TH unless they melee for X whatever criteria. At which point, the new TH mule just becomes the guy with /THF at 45 since he doesn't need to do anything extra to get the old benefit. There's no nerf between the two, only now the THF can be that much better at it without silly complications.
    But why would you bother having the THF to melee if he's going to give the same TH bonus as he did pre-update (actually better now because of TH3) w/o meleeing?

That wouldn't make much sense now would it? Since the whole point is to make thfs more desirable as an actual DD instead of just engage/hit/gtfo, right?

I hope I'm wrong, the more TH the better, but that really doesn't strike me as SE's style, and I think it's incredibly naive to just assume it's going to be the same + better.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hookah View Post
    Umad much? There's really no reason to be getting so worked up over something like this, you just sound silly at this point.

At least I can make a coherent arguement without resorting to personal insults and repsonding with to people with Actually, its a very good argument.

PROTIP: If you have to tell other people you have a good arguement, you don't.

Nice edit BTW, let the butthurt flow.

But why would you bother having the THF to melee if he's going to give the same TH bonus as he did pre-update (actually better now because of TH3) w/o meleeing?

That wouldn't make much sense now would it? Since the whole point is to make thfs more desirable as an actual DD instead of just engage/hit/gtfo, right?

I hope I'm wrong, the more TH the better, but that really doesn't strike me as SE's style, and I think it's incredibly naive to just assume it's going to be the same + better.

PROTIP: Umad card is usually last resort pulled by people who are wrong and are now trying to "Scapegoat" their stupidity by attempting to use Internet Memes to avoid further criticism and draw attention away from themselves.

Maybe i should continue what i started..

You're in idiot, your argument is invalid, And you have Nothing to back up your claims other than some half-assed Sherlock Holmes'in of obvious update note details that everyone but you can ascertain, so you resort to throwing out Cliched Internet Memes.

I could go on, But i have a strange feeling you're the type of full-fledged grave-digging moron who will continue to just throw "umad' back as if it helps them look like any less of a dumbass.

Edit: And to answer the question you asked the other person. The reason you would have a THF melee a mob, even if they get the old TH bonus, is to IMPROVE THE TREASURE HUNTER BONUS.

Edit2: I'll put your mind at ease, you are wrong, Don't hope any further you are, Read this and know you are. and FYI, I tried being "Coherent" with you in my first reply, and you went "FULL RETARD" with all your caps-lock-key CRUISE CONTROL response, I mean seriously? Your very first response was some shitty sarcasting "OH WHERED DID YOU FIND THAT MASTA?" and you have the balls to say "Youmad"?

Edit3: Also, the reason i edited the first post to begin with was because mid-thought i decided it was too mean... But not I'll give you want you want, a good argument.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

But why would you bother having the THF to melee if he's going to give the same TH bonus as he did pre-update (actually better now because of TH3) w/o meleeing?.
    Why would you settle for the same old TH when you could get more by having him melee?

I mean, with your argument, why equip a THF knife, why get ass armlets, why level THF to 45, you can get the same TH trait from 15 without leveling it!

If you don't want the max TH, why stop at "don't melee" ? In fact, if you don't want the max TH, why bring a THF at all!

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

<3 @the Nin changes! Lets just hope the tools aren't retardedly hard to craft!

I bet none of them involve Alchemy.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    <3 @the Nin changes! Lets just hope the tools aren't retardedly hard to craft!
    Let's just hope that some of them are Clothcraft.

(of course I'm level 100 Clothcraft)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Expect synergy.

And dear god that TH discussion was retarded. I hate you all.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Expect synergy.

And dear god that TH discussion was retarded. I hate you all.
    You already hated me.

And everyone you ever meet.

Meaningless words!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    PROTIP: Umad card is usually last resort pulled by people who are wrong and are now trying to "Scapegoat" their stupidity by attempting to use Internet Memes to avoid further criticism and draw attention away from themselves.
    And that's exactly what you're doing.

And no, you don't know I'm wrong, because like I've said multiple times now this is just speculation. In all likelyhood we will never know the real answer because we don't even know how TH works in the first place, let alone taking into account changes that have yet to be made.

I actually said that in my very first post, which you probably missed cuz you were too busy riding rocl's nuts for saying the same thing I did like 10 posts earlier, asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Why would you settle for the same old TH when you could get more by having him melee?

I mean, with your argument, why equip a THF knife, why get ass armlets, why level THF to 45, you can get the same TH trait from 15 without leveling it!

If you don't want the max TH, why stop at "don't melee" ? In fact, if you don't want the max TH, why bring a THF at all!
    Because it won't be the same old TH since they'll have TH3. It's much easier to keep with the tried and true thfmule method with the added benefit of TH3 (assuming the TH values will remain the same, which is what I doubt) than alter you strategy/setup to include someone changing to thf and actually playing the job, feeding tp and doing less damage to boot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And that's exactly what you're doing.

And no, you don't know I'm wrong, because like I've said multiple times now this is just speculation. In all likelyhood we will never know the real answer because we don't even know how TH works in the first place, let alone taking into account changes that have yet to be made.

I actually said that in my very first post, which you probably missed cuz you were too busy riding rocl's nuts for saying the same thing I did like 10 posts earlier, asshole.

Because it won't be the same old TH since they'll have TH3. It's much easier to keep with the tried and true thfmule method with the added benefit of TH3 (assuming the TH values will remain the same, which is what I doubt) than alter you strategy/setup to include someone changing to thf and actually playing the job, feeding tp and doing less damage to boot.
    Now whos mad ^^?

but you know what, You make me laugh, You're a fun guy. Riding Rocl's nuts for saying something. Thats a Sig'er

You know what? For the sake of Massimo and everyone else. You win!
    Spoiler: show
    And for the sake of me not getting banned for arguing with an idiot, i think thats bannable?

From this point on, You heard it here first:

Quote Originally Posted by Square Enix
    Treasure Hunter III+? will now work only like Treasure Hunter 1 until the THF melees until a certain point. This is to Encourage more melee from the Thief. Thief as a Support Job Will not be effected by this nerf.

We apologize for the inconveniences THF had this entire time being forced to be the only job with functioning Treasure Hunter. We hope this Apparent Nerf will encourage more people to invite /THF to their groups and allow THFs to continue to be useless.
    So it is spoken, So shall it be.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Doing less damage compared to what? A mnk with multiple buffs that the thf isn't getting?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Hey SE, where the fuck are my split waltz timers?
    DNC is now a solo job. Oh well!

... I'm still going to try to take it to 90 first.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Because it won't be the same old TH since they'll have TH3. It's much easier to keep with the tried and true thfmule method with the added benefit of TH3 (assuming the TH values will remain the same, which is what I doubt)
    It's "easier" to not proc !!, save jobs, don't bring a blue or a BLM or ...

Heck the easiest thing of all is not bringing a THF mule! You can save 9.95 a month even! You can do things easily, and get not the best results, or you can get the best results.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    DNC is now a solo job. Oh well!

... I'm still going to try to take it to 90 first.
    I'm not sure any of my jobs will make it to 90. At this point the only jobs I have that leave the moghouse for anything other than !! procs at 90 will be MNK and RDM... Not quite what I was going for with my job spread.

EDIT: Well, guess I could level NIN like I planned and go NIN/DNC... lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The TH changes also explain the new JA they gave thf during the previous notes.(aka the huge subtle blow+ ja)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nothing but pure speculation here, but here's an interpretation of TH and the melee increase.

I tend to think it might follow the TP model. Where TH1 will start at (WARNING: ARBITRARY MATHS) 5% increased drop rate. TH2 would be 10%, TH3 so on and so forth.
    What the melee in between would be doing is just filling the gaps. Meaning a thf with TH4 could melee something all the way down, and it would never reach the same plateau as just having plain old TH5. Like the logarithms we used to do in school as shit approaches infinity and what not.

In that model, you still gain by constantly being in contact with the mob (even though the gains become minimal) while still rewarding those who put the energy into getting all the TH+ gear you can. Also, by this model, THF's would be able to plant their TH6 with one hit, switch to their preferred gear, and continue to add to the TH effect via the new JA.

speculative at best, but seems like a logical way have it help, without nerfing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

TH+1 gear only gives a 1% enhancement in all the tests ive heard about so you're VASTLY overestimating th5 etc.
    A th3 THF unless the bonus is ridiculously bad could EASILY beat the TH on a th4 thf before applying armlets/knife/feet and getting the final 3% bonus near the end.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Let me tell you how I would fix a job trait that isn't released yet to compensate for an unannounced nerf I am expecting.

First of all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast