Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm pretty sure it's really bad for dnc if it overwrites sambas, no idea if it does though. RDM enspells overwrite the en-effect if that means anything, dunno. The DNC JSE dagger looks like a must have though, and would be good paired with this if it doesn't overwrite sambas.

I think you would get haste samba effect on your first hit then en-effect on 2nd hit. Pretty sure haste samba will stay on.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

JSE dagger? which?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

If have a megaelixir on deck, will I have enough time w/ 50/tic regain to Proc 14/15 blunt for blue if I go during night time for on mnk before dying vs Shinryu?

Edit: question goes for Rani as well (provided I have some healing for this one)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    If have a megaelixir on deck, will I have enough time w/ 50/tic regain to Proc 14/15 blunt for blue if I go during night time for on mnk before dying?
    On what? I can't figure it out from the last few posts.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Lol no need to look at the last few posts, simply forgot to say what I was fighting :/

Shinryu

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

From the videos I've seen - if you have a Primeval Brew, quite possibly... if you don't - no way in hell. Video I saw showed all 5 non-brew people go into red HP pretty damn quick.

Edit: It really depends on your support though.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

yea I have 2 brews I'm willing to put into this fight. The rest go into rani for pwn ring. List is too damn long for that thing in my shell

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I know the answer is probably yes, but RDM should have no problem soloing Cirein-croin, correct? Going to go with Minikin/Ultimate, I think, might sub nin for the first one just to be safe. Will have a whm and another rdm kinda just sitting there (maybe nuking some) as a safety net.

edit: Er, would BLM/RDM possibly be a better choice? My BLM is 85, RDM is 90.

Just trying to be careful I guess D:

would MNK+WHM+RDM setup also work on it? Just out of curiosity.

Also, Sobek, how doable would MNKWHMRDM be? Is the death move easy to stun? (though I wont be able to proc red, and the atma is kind what I want might just wait to get some friends to do that one)

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Cirein is ridiculously easy on Rdm, as he's not only incredibly slow but also susceptible to bind and gravity. You should be able to just sub Sch and blow him away, but Nin is perfectly reasonable to get a feel for the fight. Sobek is definitely doable on Mnk/Rdm/Whm as well. Tyrant Tusk has a huge charge time and a low proc rate, though personally I've never bothered trying to stun it. If he's susceptible to stun, which I think he is, it shouldn't be a problem. Whenever I get deathed (MNK) I just HP and run back while my Brd and Whm curebomb each other for 2 minutes. He generally doesn't get enough TP beating on them to death both of them too. Any time I brought someone that needed atma (My Mnk can proc Staff and Club anyways), I just had them come something to proc the rest of the WS. If you have enough people that need it, I'm sure you can find 1 WAR and 1 NIN to cover all the WS. Or, if you have the option, I'm sure he's definitely tankable on Nin or War if you have those jobs yourself so you could proc more Red solo.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thanks for the response, gonna try it tonight :3

I also have WAR, but, I don't know, it's not that great I guess, and I don't feel as comfortable playing it as I do MNK. (I just upgraded my Perdu to Vermeil, rest of my gear is kinda standardold, turban hauby nq dusk, aurum shoes, etc)

does red !! proc help conversion rate of vnm abyssite?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Skie View Post
    Afaik, No.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Skie View Post
    Got 2 NMs tonight with red !! and neither upgraded. :/

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Can you proc green if your spell heals the mob?
    Yes, done on ketea numerous times.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Do Blue Physical Spells count as physical or magical damage in terms of NM Immunity/Absorbing? Specifically the case of Lusca

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't think I've seen tests done regarding this, but has the distribution rate for the new +2 OA2-4 weapons been discovered yet?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Do Blue Physical Spells count as physical or magical damage in terms of NM Immunity/Absorbing? Specifically the case of Lusca
    Typically, it follows the spell trait (Physical v Magical spells). If you cast Quad while in magic absorb mode, it won't absorb. This is from Glavoid at least.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I know the answer is probably yes, but RDM should have no problem soloing Cirein-croin, correct? Going to go with Minikin/Ultimate, I think, might sub nin for the first one just to be safe. Will have a whm and another rdm kinda just sitting there (maybe nuking some) as a safety net.

edit: Er, would BLM/RDM possibly be a better choice? My BLM is 85, RDM is 90.

Just trying to be careful I guess D:

would MNK+WHM+RDM setup also work on it? Just out of curiosity.

Also, Sobek, how doable would MNKWHMRDM be? Is the death move easy to stun? (though I wont be able to proc red, and the atma is kind what I want might just wait to get some friends to do that one)
    Use mnk rdm whm for both CC and Sobek and save yourself the time sink of rdm soloing it. Don't even need the rdm lol. Both are incredibly easy fights. Kite on charm on CC but besides that nothing else that's really dangerous about the fight. Sobek is tame as well, could hold it on whm for awhile if Tyrant tusk killed you.

So I've been camping Gangly Gean for a while, and his spawn condition seems... erratic. Sometimes he spawns every ten minutes, currently hasn't spawned in over 45 minutes. Am I just being dumb, like someone probably sniped him away when I wasn't looking, or does he have some weird spawn conditions?

Orrrr does he just have like a 10 minute - 2 hour window and we were getting really lucky the first few times?

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast