Gets peoples attention instead of new topic button :3

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Appropriate title could have also been :

"HEY FUCK WAD, IF YOUR NEW, LOOK AT ME!"

Contributing:

Gugurusourousada.dfzzzss....es (the fish for ebisu)
    What zones can they be fished up in, otherwiki has conflicting info (who knew!)

Faster than Walt Flanagan's Dog
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Appropriate title could have also been :

"HEY FUCK WAD, IF YOUR NEW, LOOK AT ME!"

Contributing:

Gugurusourousada.dfzzzss....es (the fish for ebisu)
    What zones can they be fished up in, otherwiki has conflicting info (who knew!)
    The boat between WG and Mhaura or between Mhaura and Selbina during pirate attack only.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Are people only getting visits from GMs about using the cliff for Amhuluk? Or Pulverizer on top of cliff not allowed any more either?
    Pulverizer isn't allowed.
    Can I have confirmation on either of these? I know the one in Vunkerl was not allowed (Executioner I think)... but I hadn't seen anything on Pulverizer. Amhuluk also... I thought the cliff was the generally accepted strategy (and only blocked Vermilion Wind, not other attacks)...

Also, to whoever asked in the last thread.

Cyanic Crabs should be easily soloable by THF/DNC or THF/NIN... I have no issue with them at all on MNK/NIN.

However, Damask Crabs can be a bit tougher since they have a TP move that makes them take single digit damage for about 30-60 seconds, and they can gradually wear you down with Waterga II and Poisonga II.

The difficulty of soloing WoE comes when multiple mobs come down at once, or you find yourself stuck with no way to pull just one mob. The workaround for this is to have someone sac pull with reraise - just be sure they're out of party when they do it.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Can I have confirmation on either of these? I know the one in Vunkerl was not allowed (Executioner I think)... but I hadn't seen anything on Pulverizer. Amhuluk also... I thought the cliff was the generally accepted strategy (and only blocked Vermilion Wind, not other attacks)...
    Pulverizer definitely isn't allowed. Amhuluk is, but some retarded gms may yell at you for it, because they don't know the rules.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Pulverizer definitely isn't allowed. Amhuluk is, but some retarded gms may yell at you for it, because they don't know the rules.
    Basically this, any ironclad is off limits using cliffs for the simple fact that you take zero damage. Amhuluk shouldn't be seeing as you DO take damage, but it really just depends on the GM that shows, some will say naw its fine, others will say you're the antichrist.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There was some guy that started a thread a little while back about a GM that got angsty about Amhuluk and the wall.

I guess you can make the assumption that at least one person should be able to be hit by both regular hits and special attacks to be "safe" in using terrain to your advantage. Not like its hard to spam Cure5 on one guy. Otherwise, do so at your own risk.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Ketea - wiki discussion says blm + blu duo is an easy kited win. Any other experiences? I have 2 popsets and would love to trigger grellow. I was thinking nin tank until it opened mouth and then gravity>nuke it down?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think a strat was posted in the vunk thread just a couple pages back. Multiple ways to go about it. My preference (due to job availability) was whm nin rdm/nin just to kill, anything else would be for procs. It never goes into open mouth form if you never debuff it. Unless you have a way to kill it very fast in open mouth form I would say it's not worth debuffing it.

Guess this seems the most appropriate place to ask this: I've been thinking of reactivating my account, especially since the extension of the discount for having both XI and XIV subbed. However I'm more of a casual player for the most part and all my old friends have left and I don't really have any endgame gear or experience to speak of. I know when I stopped playing at least a year ago, possibly more, that the game was getting top heavy then and I'm wondering if it would even be worth it for me to try to play this game again considering such.

Then again I may be asking the wrong place considering that BG is endgame oriented but I tend to see better opinions here than elsewhere.

TL;DR: Is it worth bothering with this game if I am a casual non-endgame player?

Banned.

BG Level

It's very easy to get exp, and basic gear, so yeah.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

In Dynamis Tavnazia, do the Bosses share hate if you have more than one up? Essentially whilst some of us know what to expect, we have a bunch of peeps who have never done it and I think the chances of us getting just one are low. I know that when you engage one, the others join in but can you then drag the adds away or do they share hate?

TL;DR: Is it worth bothering with this game if I am a casual non-endgame player?
    It depends on how you play. Getting xp is easy now. Buy the abyssea expansions if you plan to come back. One party can take you 5+ levels. XP is very different and you can xp with up to 18 people and it doesn't reduce the xp you're earning. Getting levels is easy but it would depend on your play pattern. If you play 1-2 times a week but can play for 3 hours each time then you're fine. If you can only play an hour a night, then things might be a bit harder. Saying that, with what people now know about building up the lights etc for xp, it's not as bad as it once was.

There are very few 30-75 parties now because everyone levels jobs in Abyssea, leeching from higher levels.

There is decent, achievable gear which you can quest or low man farm for now - which is a godsend. A lot of events are now low-mannable and for many, more fun because of it.

Wow sounds like a whole different game from last I played which was before Shantotto if I remember correctly. I'm definitely going to give it major thought. I just don't want to be left out or behind due to not being able to schedule large chunks of time or not having connections or experience, etc. 3 hours isn't bad for me and I can manage it a fair number of nights.

Another thing I was wondering, and it'll tie into the new info, are the same old jobs gimped or has the strict demand for specific jobs been alleviated to an extent? I really loved BLU when I played but the general consensus was that it was fairly LOL outside of certain situations. I'd like to be able to play that job more often, as well as PLD which I had at 74 before I left.

Regardless I am really interested now. I'm just afraid it'll be hard to get back in not being established and when I left was on a smaller server (Ramuh).

Banned.

BG Level

Blu is needed for everything atm, for grellow.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Blu is needed for everything atm, for grellow.
    Nothing good comes from ironclads for proc'n grellow

I WIN

Grellow? Yeah, I'm totally lost.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast