Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

All Worlds Maintenance (Dec. 6)/File Size for Dec. 6 Update (lol @ 4 hours, again)

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all FINAL FANTASY XI worlds to accompany the version update and the implementation of the third battle area add-on "Heroes of Abyssea." During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a version update. After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.

* The third battle area add-on "Heroes of Abyssea" will be playable after the version update. For those who have already purchased the new battle area add-on, please confirm whether the title of the new battle area add-on is present on the FINAL FANTASY XI title screen after the version update is complete.

* For the update details, please refer to "Topics" on the official PlayOnline.com web site or PlayOnline Viewer which will be available on Dec. 6, 2010.

[Date & Time]
    Dec. 6, 2010 from 8:00 to 12:00 (PST)
    9:00 to 1:00 (MST)
    10:00 to 2:00 (CST)
    11:00 to 3:00 (EST)
    16:00 to 20:00 (GMT)
    1:00 to 5:00 (JST)

* Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI
    The download file size and time required for the FINAL FANTASY XI version update that is scheduled on Dec. 6, 2010 08:00 (PDT) are as follows. This is based on a 1Mbps DSL environment.

[File size for clients with "Chains of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" and "Wings of the Goddess" installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
    Downloadable file size: 85MB
    About 1 hour, 24 minutes

Windows Version
    Downloadable file size: 151MB
    About 13 minutes

Xbox 360 Version
    Downloadable file size: 157.8MB
    About 1 hour, 37 minutes

[File size for clients without "Chains of Promathia," "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" and "Wings of the Goddess" installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
    Downloadable file size: 67.6MB
    About 1 hour, 4 minutes

Windows Version
    Downloadable file size: 132MB
    About 11 minute, 30 seconds

Xbox 360 Version
    Downloadable file size: 138.7MB
    About 1 hour, 16 minutes

* Please note that the above times are the total approximate times for file check, download, and installation. The above times are for reference only. Download times depend on the individual user's network environment and may vary from those shown above. Also, this update will require more time if previous version updates were not completed.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews20139.shtml
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews20140.shtml

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

just say 12 hour maintainence. they're not fooling anyone.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

I just thought 6souls was dyslexic and the actual times were:
    Dec. 6, 2010 from
    12:00 to 8:00 (PST)
    1:00 to 9:00 (MST)
    2:00 to 10:00 (CST)
    3:00 to 11:00 (EST)
    20:00 to 16:00 (GMT)
    5:00 to 1:00 (JST)

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    just say 12 hour maintainence. they're not fooling anyone.
    :s last update was on time iirc with no delays, then shit hit the fan 2 days later lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea, congestion hasnt been an issue for me since they started the preupdate downloads. Stability, however, remains to be seen.

Edrakali

No more ninja-announcements, oh well.

Windows Version
    Downloadable file size: 151MB
    About 13 minutes
    Why 13 minutes when the PS2/360 will take more than an hour to download? O.o

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fredjanx View Post
    ps2 limitations, duh

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Edrakali View Post
    No more ninja-announcements, oh well.
    Any surprise! announcements would be as the servers go down, not when they announce maintenance times.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The way consoles handle the data I'd assume since different formats generally etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you only need WotG and Base pack to get to Abyssea area, why is download file smaller with all the expansions installed?

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    If you only need WotG and Base pack to get to Abyssea area, why is download file smaller with all the expansions installed?
    Dunno if it has anything to do with recycle dats of mobs already in old zones. Like Xzomits and such.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    WotG missions end, it mentioned if you lack CoP/ToAU/WotG. I'd assume it's smaller because it doesn't download that data.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's always listed that way. The PS2 has a weak processor though, so it probably can't process the downloaded data as fast, and the hard drive is a slow 5400 RPM drive, possibly limited to even slower speed. Using the same connection, my PS2 updates slower than my PC.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Please note that the above times are the total approximate times for file check, download, and installation
    This is why 360 and ps2 are slower.

20 minutes! Until they make it longer. I hope not, I wanna jump in an exp party asap > class > come back for LS event in new area. :3

lol 13 min download for windows? how 10mbs internet and got 3 hours showing on timer (after downloading 1k files already)