Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

It's still a very nice change. You can finally "try" and do Chasmic Hornet during an LS event without ppl running and "oops" claiming or deciding on who gets to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yekyaa View Post
    You missed the part where the posters said "I wonder if" to start off this whole thing. Topic is only a couple pages.
    thats my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I sincerely doubt there will be any changes to timed NMs for T2 sets, because the intent right from the beginning was to limit the amount of people getting AF3+2s, and even moreso the empyreans (It's for this same reason [A]VNMs are the way they are). Simply because you haven't been able to obtain yours fast as hell doesn't mean it "needs" adjusting.

However, since they mention adjusting repop timers, I would be willing to believe that the timed NMs could at least pop more often.

It was already this way, I guess they just mean it'll be a drop rate increase.

You do realize that if you give entire alliances the KI at once, the actual pop NM can be tied up instead of the timed NM? I think that'd actually be way worse.
    If that was their intent, they failed at it rather miserable. Personally, I think their intent is actually to let us have all this easy gear/empy weapons. They caught on to this, lets just have them pay 10 bucks every 3 months for a new add on that will just upgrade all that stuff their getting. Good income stream I'm sure.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    When people start making Heqet camping practically a LS event and it's not uncommon to see 18+ people camping him and other NMs involved in Empyreans, you realise you haven't made a challenge, you've made a cockblock which is already part of another cockblock (abyssea time), and it's just silly. I really hope the adjusted timers apply to such NMs; I don't complain out of jealousy or something like that, I complain because wow, FFXI has been moving further and further away from the idea of camping NMs, but the present situation (with empyreans and AF3+2 being as good as they are from fairly easy fights, all in all) encourages such behaviour, and I'm pretty sure the dev team wants people to be fighting NMs, not waiting for them to pop.
    i do agree with this tbh its not so much the waiting for it to pop but its max pops a day is 48 which is 48-94 Lanterns its minimum pops is 24 so 24-48 lantarns a day now i know this might seem "alot" or "not enough" depending on your point of view but most 6 man groups can kill the zone boss in 10 mins i've seen pld/nin kite while you have 3 smn's use Shiva on it and a blu and a blm trigger grellow if we're honest your not really cock blocking anyone if your good enough to kill that fast

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The increased drop rate of abjurations from Wing I/II/III Chambers is about 2 years too late. Unless they add Bodies to the I/II/III Chamber pools, how many of the abjurations are even worth bothering with anyway? Even if they add Bodies, who wants to bet that E.Body, etc. remains better than upgraded AF3 Bodies? Not me!

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Long time coming on older content... even if 90% of the gear has long since been outdated, it's a welcome change.

.........Except the bastards didn't reduce the alexandrite count or unlock Salvage from 6 man minimum. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Heh, I'm sure you guys have no problems getting any NMs, and on Phoenix I personally never see Amun even fought, let alone camped lol. Heqet does get bad at times, same with Assofsam, which SE should have just quite honestly made all of the NMs popped since that's what they wanted to do ever since ZNM.
    It's not like we bot them. When I mean no problem, I mean we waltz up to Heqet to see him roaming unclaimed. I recently finished Kannagi, and for 3-4 days I was camping Gukumatz, there were usually 1-2 people competing at most, multiple times he was up unclaimed (though once I had ToD, I'd leave a mule in there as soon as window opened and claim within 60 seconds of him popping). This is nowhere near as bad as Dooom is saying, or else I've had the fortune of never being in there at said time.

I've personally had more trouble with a specific 3 popped NMs than I have any roaming-KI dropping NM. Said 3 popped NMs are Baba Yaga, LaTheine Leige, and Carabosse. Every time anyone in my LS went there, there were other groups trying to fight them pretty much.

Eased pop conditions has to mean Cutarae mobs, right? I mean, what else?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Monsters who appear at boosted levels will vanish and reappear at their regular level if not engaged in battle

does that mean that if you dont kill mobs fast enough,no more "chain" even if you capped on lights?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by alex064 View Post
    Monsters who appear at boosted levels will vanish and reappear at their regular level if not engaged in battle

does that mean that if you dont kill mobs fast enough,no more "chain" even if you capped on lights?
    I think it means mobs that are boosted up to VT-IT will eventually depop/repop as DC-EM once a group leaves.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

no

I think it means like Ovni's -DT, if a group wipes to him, will be reset.

Or maybe just normal mobs will reset after being left alone as opposed to after being killed once...

If that was their intent, they failed at it rather miserable.
    Mind elaborating on that? A lot of people on BG might have +2s and empyreans, but they're not exactly the majority of the players. You're right about making it easier to get gear, because this gear is stupidly easy to obtain compared to salvage or abjurations. The +1s are good gear for more casual players, since you can even solo quest-spam for the damn seals.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I still think the best fix for scars KI's would be to put the timed NM KI's in pyxis and take the ??? NM's out.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I still think the best fix for scars KI's would be to put the timed NM KI's in pyxis and take the ??? NM's out.
    Agreed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

NO - it will be that mob clusters who have been brought to VT+ by EXP groups will after a while despawn and repop DC, so ppl can solo them more easily

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Nah, just means that some camps usually have T-IT mobs appear after a period of inactivity in the area (from an older PT). This won't happen anymore. They'll likely have anything above T despawn after a 10-15 minute timer or something.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Is it just me or is this starting to feel like they're making everything a bit TOO easy? As frustrating as camping something can be, that's the nature of the game. I was equally frustrated on Amun or t2 vnm pot but you persist and eventually succeed. I guess if spoon-feeding is what everyone wants we'll see a lot of people quit because they accomplished all their goals so quickly.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Think of it this way.

When the 99 cap comes and the mobs pop IT (so thats what... 106? 108?) If that group fighting leaves those mobs will eventually depop to the ones a lvl 75 could actually have a chance of fighting.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Would be cool to see NQ's and maybe even +1 Af3 drop in dynamis... But thank god for the lowering of the trials!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast