Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Update is live.

Aselin

I'm at one moment excited and happy about these changes and adjustments, but at the same time I'm really angered at Square-Enix and their irresponsibility, inattentiveness, unsympathetic, and lackadaisical approach to their games and to their playerbase. They do this again to FFXIV as they have done to FFXI, and I expect their future games to fail from now on. These updates shouldn't be coming years after a good amount of the playerbase has quit the game for other MMOs in the last two to three years.

A lot of these updates were a long time coming.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Its updates like these that brought some of us back to the game too

Herzins

Are the files download-able yet? Does anyone have a link to twitter or something while update? I'd like to get hooked so I know when to leave work and start the long download, lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

agreed ase. the only thing they didn't do here was make currency pouches for dynamis and increase coin rate. while i like that they increased the drop rate on dyna gear, it is now shitty gear, from a shitty time sink event

Melee Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nermie Boy
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I guess new job specific equipment will include earrings (see Orison Earring)

Can someone please tell me just what the fuck is up with SE's obsession with Zanshin?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

down loading files on pc np but on ps2 telling me not enough hdd space and ffxi only game i got on it

Quote Originally Posted by Aselin View Post
    3 years to complete WotG? LMAO! Someone should have sued them for misrepresentation when they put it on the shelves 3 years ago and said it was an expansion when in fact it was little more than a product key with the actual expansion dribbled out over the course of years.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Gotta say this looks good, all told. Not to forget:

The "Mog Sack" submenu has been added to the "View House" menu.
    The "Mog Sack" is a new form of storage in the spirit of the existing Mog Satchel. It is accessible from anywhere on Vana'diel and allows players to freely interchange items with their standard inventory. Possessing the same storage capacity as the player's gobbiebag, it can be expanded to a maximum of 80 slots through quest completion.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/...35/6035_72.jpg

Now I am certain that there will be an expansion coming up and it will be 90-99. What an update lol.

EDIT: Also Dominion and Bastion (combined) are basically what Campaign should have been, just like Campaign is what Expeditionary Force/CONQUEST should have been.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

*While an item is being stored, you will be unable to discard the corresponding storage slip.
    This almost seems to imply that the storage slips are not key items... if they were, this clarification would be unnecessary.

So how the heck does this work? If you stored the item and got an item back, this would accomplish nothing, so I would assume that you can have at most 11 of the slips (one of each type that lists all the stuff stored perhaps?)

That's still 11 inventory lost to storage slips if they aren't key items. I'm not complaining, it's awesome that you can store all this stuff now, and not need complete sets... just seems like a silly way to implement it if that's actually what they did.

Trigun

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    Now I am certain that there will be an expansion coming up and it will be 90-99. What an update lol.
    There's a game expo in Japan on the 18th... maybe something will be announced in the wake of WoW's new expansion?

If so... this new team knows how to ROCK!!

edit:just google'd... http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ix_jump_festa/

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/jf11/map/images/booth.jpg

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Divinius View Post
    This almost seems to imply that the storage slips are not key items... if it was, this clarification would be unnecessary.

So how the heck does this work? If you stored the item and got an item back, this would accomplish nothing, so I would assume that you can have at most 11 of the slips (one of each type that lists all the stuff stored perhaps?)

That's still 11 inventory lost to storage slips if they aren't key items. I'm not complaining, it's awesome that you can store all this stuff now, and not need complete sets... just seems like a silly way to implement it if that's actually what they did.
    Well you did just get 80 free spaces AND the ability to store stuff with those slips so it's really no big deal.

New Odin
    BG Level

Eh, what would make you think so? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Eh, what would make you think so? >_>
    They have taken a more popular approach and made everything old easier to get. Abyssea caps out at 90(it was created to take people to 90).

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Well you did just get 80 free spaces AND the ability to store stuff with those slips so it's really no big deal.
    As I said, I'm not complaining, but with all the effort put forth to give us more storage space, implementing a system that takes up potentially 11 of those new slots is (as I said) kind of silly, when they could have done it just as easily with key items.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aselin View Post
    I'm at one moment excited and happy about these changes and adjustments, but at the same time I'm really angered at Square-Enix and their irresponsibility, inattentiveness, unsympathetic, and lackadaisical approach to their games and to their playerbase. They do this again to FFXIV as they have done to FFXI, and I expect their future games to fail from now on. These updates shouldn't be coming years after a good amount of the playerbase has quit the game for other MMOs in the last two to three years.

I was reading this and I thought the same thing. Granted, I quit over a year and a half ago now, but seriously, the stuff in these updates are just things that should've been added 2-3 years ago. If FFXI wasn't deadgame now I'd consider starting again because a lot of the changes would make the game much more enjoyable... but too little too late...

New Odin
    BG Level

They have taken a more popular approach and made everything old easier to get. Abyssea caps out at 90(it was created to take people to 90).
    May just mean another set of add-ons as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i know its Sky and all, but did anyone else see this?

Drop rates and quantities for Tu'Lia NM trigger items (stones and seals) have been adjusted.
    how do you improve a 100% drop rate, also, bitches gonna be dropping 2+?