Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

In the past it was possible to do some wild things which I think few players actually did with crafting. For example, leveling a craft to 68 or 88 for gp items, then lowering it and using them to get tier on that craft as a sub for a new craft they have leveled to max. Is there any extremely hardcore crafters out there about to get these items for their mog, delevel that craft, and take something else 60 > 100? I can't think of a good example of the top of my head but I know there are some items out there that because of the difficulty of getting tier on sub, or impossibility of it, are EXTREMELY rare.

I suppose the other good question is if its worth going this far for crafting post Abyssea and level cap raise?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Why would you level to 100, delevel, level to 100, delevel, etc etc, when there really isn't shit to make anymore that's not synergy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

^

and I hate you hab. Hate you and your synergy soooooo much......

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    So its a safe assumption (or proven?) that you must have the either the 150k item or the 50k item PLUS the signboard in order for the stall to give +2? I'm gonna hate myself for stopping after the tapestry and not doing the sign if that's the case.....
    No, and I believe I've been saying quite the opposite, actually. I do not have the signboard, the 150k GP item or the new 50k GP item (which I don't know what it does yet). The stall alone gives the Mega Moghancement, which, at this point, seems to give +2 to your skill.

Unless the items enhance the Mega Moghancement, it seems like they have become useless. Which blows, as Zouri said too

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Latheille View Post
    No, and I believe I've been saying quite the opposite, actually. I do not have the signboard, the 150k GP item or the new 50k GP item (which I don't know what it does yet). The stall alone gives the Mega Moghancement, which, at this point, seems to give +2 to your skill.

Unless the items enhance the Mega Moghancement, it seems like they have become useless. Which blows, as Zouri said too
    Especially since the booth I make tomorrow (hopefully) will be the last item I can buy from GP, next to the NQ ring ; ;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah, this makes most of the expensive GP items useless, assuming someone doesn't find out that they enhance the Mega Moglification in some way. As painful as it would be to get another 400k GP (I still need the new 50k GP item), I think I would prefer it that way for all the players who slugged it out for those items :/

And I did another two stacks of Carbonara synths today (cap of 56). Results were pretty much the same as yesterday with all synths done with advanced support. All 12 synths done under with a body and hat broke 50% HQ rate and the final 12 synths done with a body and without the hat did not break 50% HQ rate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

good news for people like me who didn't bother with the signboard. I've been blowing GP for a loong time now on HQ crystals, even got friggin fletching just to use them up to switch to smithing (want sheeting, figured gloves would be fun too). At least I have over 30k left.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm superstitious, so I dont' mind blowing the guildpoints. SE likes to be tricky with their hidden effects, so many there will be some reward.

At the very least my mog house looks cooler than yours

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm still working on the items since they look awesome anyway.

Relevant:

That's the Starlight Cake on top of the stall. It doesn't seem to do anything, but it's really adorable and cost me about 8,000 gil total to make so I'm keeping it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thank goodness for nice GP items 3 days in a row. I'll be getting my emblem tonight, and hopefully doing a batch of Cursed Masks... T0 before, if this mega-moglification is +2 I'll be T1 and should HQ a few.

I hope this test proves valid!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Good luck, but I'm personally very wary about relying on T1 HQs. When I finally got my w.hands abjuration I decided to try to HQ them via an Alchemy friend. Over 5 million gil later and a broke self decided to just take the NQ version before I wasted another million on it I've never let my friend forget about it either. His HQ luck is insanely terrible.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Latheille View Post
    Good luck, but I'm personally very wary about relying on T1 HQs. When I finally got my w.hands abjuration I decided to try to HQ them via an Alchemy friend. Over 5 million gil later and a broke self decided to just take the NQ version before I wasted another million on it I've never let my friend forget about it either. His HQ luck is insanely terrible.
    I have cursed -1 in my bazaar right now if you want them . But yeah, it's random... I'll go 3/12 then 0/48 on T1's

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I cant hq tier 1s to save my life... 0/16 ogre gloves today.. 0/66 since last hq on them... and i have 8 people wanting hqs. I guess my tier 0s make up for it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    I cant hq tier 1s to save my life... 0/16 ogre gloves today.. 0/66 since last hq on them... and i have 8 people wanting hqs. I guess my tier 0s make up for it.
    {True Strike} Zouri! /jealous

I've recently had 56 darksteel caps made for me in the past few weeks by crafters who hit tier1 on them, and haven't seen a single HQ, I'll probably HQ heca cap before I see HQ darksteel lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I now have all GP items in my mog house, still just "Mega-Moglification: Alchemy"

Removed EVERYTHING but booth, still got "mega moglification"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

At least your MH looks good!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Does Mega-moglification still include the reduction in material loss as the regular moglification? As a goldsmith, I would really miss it if it didn't..

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So with these new combinations of stuff, 109~111 Leathercraft skill is possible???

Hmm. *rubs chin*