BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

New Guild Point Item Thread

I had enough for the 50k item, so I decided to start with that, since it's less likely any other alchemists would have the GP.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2vumw69.jpg

http://oi51.tinypic.com/2z9ktxv.jpg

http://oi53.tinypic.com/303cz5t.jpg

http://oi56.tinypic.com/34sp5j5.jpg

It looks cool, but my moglification didn't change. Worth noting that the item is rare/ex, which leads to me believe two possibilities.

1) It's just a furnishing. A way to turn GP into gil to sell to other people (who won't care enough to buy it anyways

or

2) When combined with the new synergized booth, you'll get an additional bonus (not likely since I believe people have reported the booth alone does some new moglification).

It'll be a few days before I can make the 15k GP for the emblem, but I'll update this thread when I get the booth made.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also -

Emeralda (150k item) + Sighboard = moglification
    Emeralda + alembic = moghancement
    Alembic + Signboard = moglification

This leads me to believe it functions like "the big one" from fishing, effectively replacing the need for Emeralda.

If someone could correct my logic here, but if the 50k GP items gives moglification with the signboard, why would you ever buy the 150k Emeralda? I imagine it's just elemental strength...

Edit: no new title.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The woodworking stall gave me Mega Moglification Enhancement: Woodworking

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    Seems like the better purchase lol.

I'm hoping having both gives "Mega Super Awesome Moglification" which allows me to break tier on all level 99-100 synths! (lol50k GP wasted)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    Do you already have the 150k and 200k items? Can you try taking them out and putting in just the stall to see what you get?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I have the Culinarian's Stall and do not have the 150k and 200k items yet. The stall alone gives Mega Moglification: Cooking and it seems to be a significant boost. I think it gives at least +3 skill but I'm not 100% sure about that, but that's the impression I've been given so far.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well hot damn, guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

Edit: if I can find the necessary phrygian ores.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Latheille View Post
    I have the Culinarian's Stall and do not have the 150k and 200k items yet. The stall alone gives Mega Moglification: Cooking and it seems to be a significant boost. I think it gives at least +3 skill but I'm not 100% sure about that, but that's the impression I've been given so far.
    If I can get mine up tonight, I'll test the skill with Cursed Leggings tonight. If its is +3 it will make them T1 without support. Suggestions on sample size? Can also test with leather/alchemy if someone can think a cheaper synth.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I really find it hard to believe it'd be +3, would it?

And if the stall alone gives you Mega Moglification... what's the point of having the sign and 150k item?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    I really find it hard to believe it'd be +3, would it?

And if the stall alone gives you Mega Moglification... what's the point of having the sign and 150k item?
    To get the skill from them. Unless I'm thinking about it wrong, but he made it sound like its giving an additional +3.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I would still want the skill from those items.

Mega Moglification: Cooking
    Moogle-powered assistance from your Mog House.
    Increases your Cooking skill immensely.
    I could post a screenshot of what the key item says if people need proof, but this is exactly what the key item description says.

I did a Carbonara synth to help figure out what it did. This is definitely not enough testing, it's really just my initial impressions. Out of two stacks, the first stack did not break 50% HQ rate (I only had a 30% HQ rate with no Hocho equipped and only the head and body on). The second stack had advanced support and I managed to hit a 50% HQ rate, something that only happens when I have Hocho is equipped which gives me the feeling this is +3 skill.

Tomorrow I'll do a few more stacks of synths to see if I can break 50% with one or neither of the body and head pieces on.

Also, I don't think the Starlight Cake does anything. It just seems to be a furnishing with wind energy and gives one storage space. It's cute, though. The stall gives 20.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think how it works (correct me if I'm wrong)

- 150k item ALONE gives Moghancement: Craft (this gives you +1)
    - 200k item ALONE gives Moghancement: Craft (this gives you +1)
    - 200k item COMBINED with 150k item gives "Moglification: Craft" which retains the same +1 as only having one, but adds a decreased chance of losing items in a break

It would now seem that
    - 200k item combined with 50k item ALSO gives Moglification: Craft, eliminating the need for the 150k. You don't get an addition +1, the Moglification is still +1, same as Moghancement. It's one or the other

As to what mega moglification does, It will replace Moglification, likely giving +2 (or +3?) INSTEAD of the +1.

So assuming the booth gives you +2, you don't get an additional +1 from the 150k item... it's all about getting that (Mega) Moglification.

So with ALL GP items, prepatch, you'd be 100 base, +3 from advanced support (pay), and +3 from gear (accessory, apron and furnishings) with an decreased chance of losing items.

It appears that the 50k has the exact same affect as the 150k when paired with the signboard, but only a less powerful elemental strength, meaning it's easy to overpower it and lose it.

But like I said, if I'm mistaken on any of this, let me know. But if you did get a +1 from the 150k item AND a +1 from the signboard or something, then I'd know, because I'd be T1 on cursed masks instead of T0

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I did some more testing using Pot-au-feu (56 cap) today with a bit more than 2 stacks worth of mats because I could only find about 25 giant femurs across all AHs. I kept advanced support on fulltime for this.

This time I did 8 synths with the hat and body piece and was successfully able to break 50% HQ rate. (105 +?* cooking skill)
    The next 8 synths I took off my hat and only kept my body piece on and was not able to break 50% HQ rate. (104 +?* cooking skill)
    The final 9 synths had both the hat and body piece back on and was able to successfully break 50% HQ rate again. (105 +?* cooking skill)

*? for the cooking stall's currently unknown number of skill it gives

I'll still do more testing on this tomorrow to try and continue to pinpoint the exact numbers, but I'm fairly confident that the stalls give +2 skill instead my initial (hope >.>) assumption of 3. Still, +2 skill for an item that cost me about 15k GP and only 30k in gil, this is definitely an awesome item to get.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So we're currently assuming +1 hat, +1 apron +3 adv. support, and +2 Booth?

So maximum crafting cap is theoretical 107 for all crafts but cooking, being 110? That's crazy...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    So we're currently assuming +1 hat, +1 apron +3 adv. support, and +2 Booth?

So maximum crafting cap is theoretical 107 for all crafts but cooking, being 110? That's crazy...
    you're forgetting the first +1 furnishing.. so 108.. Maybe finally i will now be able to make a Dusk Mask +1 to complete another totally pointless full white-box set.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Furnishings give their additional skill through mogenhancement/moglification. Can only have one of these effects active at once.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Clave View Post
    Furnishings give their additional skill through mogenhancement/moglification. Can only have one of these effects active at once.
    Yeah this... the +1 comes from "Moghancement", or "Moglification" (skill + item loss down). I would assume "Mega Moglification" replaces them, since you can only have one

But an extra +1 breaks tier on cursed mask! woot :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Personally, I'm hoping those items just help enhance the Mega Moglification. I was working towards the 150k and 200k GP items when this came out and I've been incredibly lazy about GP points so I don't have it yet, but it would suck if they became useless to those that already got it, especially since the emblems only cost 15k GP.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Personally, I'm hoping those items just help enhance the Mega Moglification. I was working towards the 150k and 200k GP items when this came out and I've been incredibly lazy about GP points so I don't have it yet, but it would suck if they became useless to those that already got it, especially since the emblems only cost 15k GP.
    i was hoping the same thing..... se blows in that case.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So its a safe assumption (or proven?) that you must have the either the 150k item or the 50k item PLUS the signboard in order for the stall to give +2? I'm gonna hate myself for stopping after the tapestry and not doing the sign if that's the case.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast