BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

12/9/2010 logging in issues

My RL friend and I are both having trouble logging in. I'm alternating between POL-0011 and POL-1160 errors.

is anyone else unable to get in?

DAKPluto

I can't get in either. Nothing posted on Playonline yet though.

DAKPluto

Got into Playonline, just crashed going into FFXI on the "Playonline Content" bit.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DAKPluto View Post
    I can't get in either. Nothing posted on Playonline yet though.
    --Quit FFXI 05/06/10--
    I lol'd

DAKPluto

haha, ya. Well, I quit on my main. Sold him, and then a few months later I created my new character. I don't really level anything. I've been nothing more than a fishing mule trying for Ebisu. My highest job is my 26 WAR, lol.

DAKPluto

in

and windower crashed and I'm stuck back out again.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

:/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Anetheron

I've been experiencing the same. I was logged in fine, then experienced a red dot of death and then got plenty of POL-1160 and POL-0011 errors.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Even after saying it's happened to MULTIPLE people across community forums, I got this as a response

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for technical support. Please find your answer below.

After reading your email we believe the following suggestions are related to your issue.

If you are having experiencing or seeing any of the following at any point, we do have a few suggestions.
    Connecting to/staying connected to the PlayOnline Viewer, FINAL FANTASY XI or Tetra Master, click on your character handle and crash/black screen or get stuck at downloading data screen, click on the character select button crash/black screen or get stuck at downloading data screen, randomly getting kicked out of game, or seeing the lag meter go red, seeing more chop/lag/disconnects around crowed areas, having trouble accessing only a specific zone/zones, having trouble logging in only a specific character/characters, getting any of these errors; 3113, 3100, 4001, 1160,

Suggestions we have
    ===================
    1 a. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following:
    Firewall software, Antivirus Software, Parental-Controls, pop-up blocker software, Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.

1 b. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC. TCP 25, 80, 110, 443 and 50000 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535, also check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software /hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.

2. We recommend turning off any background programs, this should be done using msconfig startup tab:
    How-To: Turn off background programs using msconfig.
    (Win 98/ME) - Open the start menu and select run, type msconfig and press ok. Select the startup tab and
    uncheck everything except for SYSTRAY and scan registry.
    (Win 2K/XP) - Open the start menu and select run, type msconfig and press ok. Select the startup tab and choose Disable All.

3. If you are receiving the error FFXI - 3113 - Protocol Timeout Error, ensure that Client for Microsoft Networks is installed in your Windows network properties. If it is installed, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

4. If you have had a software firewall program called Zone Alarm by Zone Labs installed on your computer at any point in time - even if it is uninstalled now, you need to reinstall it, turn it on, configure it to allow PlayOnline to access the internet, and leave it active.

Please take note of the following FAQs
    ======================================
    * Proxy servers, and satellite connections do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.

* You may need to set up a web browser for your PC if you are having trouble accessing PlayOnline.com.
    For more information, please refer to the appropriate vendor's instruction manual.

* Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings.
    For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.

* If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well.
    For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Did you try rubbing shit all over your modem?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

You know I steal net from the neighbors, lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

been getting the 1160 errors myself since about 3:30pm est. i finally just got past them yet can't get into the game itself atm. the game goes to the last phase of the system checks before log in then gives me the stupid server busy blah blah shit.

Gimp like a Pro!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

can't login either. was just doing dominion. shit was ca$h. now when entering tomorrow again..... oh altana, why has thou forsaken me?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

can't log in either.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

neither can i

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for technical support. Please find your answer below.

Thank you for your feedback!
    We have been receiving several contacts about this issue and are currently investigating it. Typically issues of this nature are solved in a few days.
    My Automated reply

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

in a few days, catch you all after christmas o/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

yeah can't get....get all the way to the final screen and get kicked

damn can't get in!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Shadow Council

I can't login either, neither on the pc nor the 360 version. It has to be on their end since I logged fine just fine yesterday and I can get on WoW and lol14 easily too.