1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

That makes his statement completely irrelevant. My statement is just as accurate as his. He is the one generalizing as much as I am, and thinking his opinion is the universal fact. "Not everyone feels that way about FFXIV."

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    That makes his statement completely irrelevant. My statement is just as accurate as his. He is the one generalizing as much as I am, and thinking his opinion is the universal fact. "Not everyone feels that way about FFXIV."
    "His opinion has just as little merit as mine, so I am right -- duh."

In Finland, MMOs are supposed to be boring at release.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Granted ~ I misspoke saying his statement was accurate, I should have just said I agreed with it. Doesn't change that you do tend to treat your view of it as simply "the way it is", when for a lot of people, it isn't. It could just be how I read your posts, but I understood that to be his opinion (regarding XIV and XI) and typically take your statements regarding the genre as a whole as if you believe they're facts and not an opinion.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lazytowner View Post
    "His opinion has just as little merit as mine, so I am right -- duh."
    "His opinion has just as little merit as mine". That's all. If you want to put words in my mouth, fuck off.

Doesn't change that you do tend to treat your view of it as simply "the way it is", when for a lot of people, it isn't.
    Yeah, I agree I do it. Although the point here was not whether he is right or whether I am right but the fact that it is all subjective to different people.

All I see from his post is the same "the way it is" mindset though. Don't blame it all on me =/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll give you that, and I'm admittedly somewhat less critical of his statement since I agree with it. I mainly felt like saying something simply because I've seen you make similar statements regarding the same thing on several occasions, and I'm one of the people that disagree, so seeing it stated as if it were fact as part of an argument is annoying.

New Odin
    BG Level

It's not like I don't have any examples or proof to back up my statement when needed (objectively speaking), but whatever lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

xi may have been boring to you in the beginning but the immersion quality was fucking on point. It hooked countless of people and made some of them into present day fanboys you see around nowadays. Ask anyone who played 11 they either liked it or they didn't. In it's prime people get nostalgic about the awesome noob memories 11 housed. That's showing they did something fantastically right. Those who thought 11 sucked ran to WoW and stayed, then bitched from afar. Different style means it's not for you it doesn't mean the game was shitty and boring.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have a lot of awesome memories from my noob days in XI. Actually, and honestly, I'd only reached level 56~ after the first 9 months of playing 12 hour days, because I was always running around doing random stupid crap, most of the time enjoying myself. But I was a different person then, and a different player, and didn't have any experience with an MMO outside of a couple weeks playing with The Realm when I was 15.

I don't think I could ever spend my time in another MMO the way I did then in XI and enjoy myself. I know what they're like now, what different MMOs offer and what makes them different, and enjoy them for more than just running around killing ridiculous amounts of time doing very little to actually progress my character. Those memories don't mean XI did anything right, in my opinion, it just showcases my own inexperience at the time. If I was able to go back I'd do it again, if for nothing else because of the friends I've made over the years, but it sure as hell had a ton of issues that I don't think I would put up with again in a new game.

Back on topic, coming back to read the forums a few days ago and seeing how people felt about the November update (overall) was kind of uninspiring, but this totally made my day. I have friends that are interested again that weren't regardless of what updates XIV got, and that makes me happy. I really hope the new blood shakes things up in a good way, and that the second update we're now going to get this month will be at least a small example of what we have in store for us.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Im inexperienced at shooter games but it wouldn't take 9 months of playing to tell if I hated it. Lol. The game kept you. It mustve been engaging and fun. That's not doing anything right? What you saw as design flaws is the very thing that kept you, and hundreds of thousands of others paying and playing for years. I'd say that's doing a lot right. Whether you'd go back and do it again is irrelevent. Maybe it just means you shouldn't play mmos

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I didn't mean to say that FFXI did nothing right with that comment, just that good memories at the time weren't necessarily indicative of it. XI did plenty right, along with my own status as a definite diehard SE fan at the time (less so now, albeit still a fan). I just think that there were enough significant issues with it that were addressed improperly, if at all, over a span of years, and I no longer find myself willing to accept that kind of development and communication from the company whose MMO I'm playing. I'm extremely happy to see that SE doesn't plan on following the same path twice.

This wasn't even originally my point, I was just agreeing with someone else's offhand comment, and we're going way off topic.

New Odin
    BG Level

Looks like Yoshida is even more mysterious guy than I originally thought.

Elmer listed him as having worked on some strategy RPG's (Agarest War-series) but that didn't make much sense, since they weren't developed by S-E. And figures, he hasn't worked on those games after all.

There is very little info about him.. I guess he has been seen as someone with potential and now this is his chance to prove himself. Can't think of anything else.

The other members of the team are also interesting. The assistant director has worked as the graphics director of many FF's, specializing in special effects and battle graphics. Sounds good.

Komoto can now probably focus on his original role more than before, scenario and quest design.

Lead Combat system designer, the previous director of XI, took over as battle director in XI for Aht Urhgan and beyond.

Technical advisor Hashimoto worked at Sonic Team as a programmer and also designed the hedgehog engine lol. Joined SE in 2009 to work on the next generation engine.

Lead Artist Hiroshi Takai, overall director of The Last Remnant and also has been battle graphic/effect director for SaGa games. Cool, I liked TLR.

Lead UI/Web designer Hiroshi Minagawa, director of XII and tactics ogre PSP. Hope he delivers...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Exactly. Fucking old fart worshipping needs to stop for both the company and the fans. It's dumb. Kitase out, Nomura out, Amano can stay.

This no-name guy will definitely bring some fresh air into this game, whether it's a good thing or not we'll definitely find out soon.
    Nobuo Uematsu is an old fart, and I think he did a splendid job keep up to his standards.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Nobuo is in a league of his own.

New Odin
    BG Level

I kinda excluded him out like Amano but although I love XIV's OST he's not any God among composers either. Like with Amano's stylistic art, his work doesn't feel like something we've already seen or heard 100 times before and that's a reason enough to keep him around.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan
    Exactly. Fucking old fart worshipping needs to stop for both the company and the fans. It's dumb. Kitase out, Nomura out, Amano can stay.

This no-name guy will definitely bring some fresh air into this game, whether it's a good thing or not we'll definitely find out soon.
    No, No. Wada. Get rid. Of. Wada. Kitase as well. Nomura's gotten less... obnoxious in his designs. But I just have a personal distaste for him..

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm interested to see what Mistwalkers MMO will be like (if it's not already canceled). Now that would be fun to compare to.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tezz View Post
    I'm interested to see what Mistwalkers MMO will be like (if it's not already canceled). Now that would be fun to compare to.
    Mistwalker was making an MMO? If they were I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled. They don't sell very well.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm skeptical of these changes as well. I've been debating whether or not I should go to XI instead and sell my copy of XIV for $0.01 on Amazon, or just stop altogether and go elsewhere. I haven't been impressed as of late. I'm glad that they're FINALLY realizing the mistakes they have been making since the alpha version. It is still too slow for my tastes, and the targeting is still horrendous (I still get the farthest target possible as the first target, thus me losing half my HP when facing a strong monster). I can even tell the music, while enjoyable, does feel a little rushed in certain places. There is a lot that needs to be improved if Squeidos wants to raise their subscription numbers...I mean..."level of enjoyment". Although, I'm glad that I don't have to pay a fee right now.

With this complete restructuring of the production staff for the game. I agree with Fereydoon in the sense that it might be time for a complete corporate restructuring of SE. Kick Wada and Kitase out, and make SE go in a new direction that is not just in graphics. This is why I'm not too sure about this "new direction" because the last time that happened, we got XIII and lesbians becoming diamonds (which was pretty). So, I'll wait and see the changes they make to see whether or not I should jump ship, or ride it out.

Honestly, XIV is becoming the Vista of MMOs, so pretty yet so rushed. Either that or the Atari 5200 because the controls suck on the mouse.

New Odin
    BG Level

I've been debating whether or not I should go to XI instead and sell my copy of XIV for $0.01 on Amazon, or just stop altogether and go elsewhere.
    It's not like you can't come back.

I'm glad that they're FINALLY realizing the mistakes they have been making since the alpha version.
    Come on now, they've realized it since October. Komoto nor Tanaka didn't really do a bad job for the past few months. Now they just got kicked out or demoted for something they couldn't affect anymore anyway, for a sensible reason however. But let's not act like there was no improvement before this.

I hope now that they changed some roles, the team also got bigger as a whole, if possible. The more resources and the more manpower, the faster they can pump out fixes and content.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not like you can't come back.

Come on now, they've realized it since October. Komoto nor Tanaka didn't really do a bad job for the past few months. Now they just got kicked out or demoted for something they couldn't affect anymore anyway, for a sensible reason however. But let's not act like there was no improvement before this.

I hope now that they changed some roles, the team also got bigger as a whole, if possible. The more resources and the more manpower, the faster they can pump out fixes and content.
    They did a horrible job. Period. My FFXIV copy is dusting off since 1 week after release. They did a REALLY HORRIBLE job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast