1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

An Important Announcement for FINAL FANTASY XIV Fans

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...8a12814e25f774

Thank you for your continued interest in and support of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

While more than two months have passed since the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV service, we deeply regret that the game has yet to achieve the level of enjoyability that FINAL FANTASY fans have come to expect from the franchise, and for this we offer our sincerest of apologies.

After thorough deliberation on how to meet those expectations, it was decided that the most viable step was to approach improvements under new leadership and with a restructured team.

To realize this vision, and in doing so, provide our customers with a better game experience, we have assembled our company’s top talent and resources. Taking over the role of producer and director is Naoki Yoshida, a passionate individual for whom customer satisfaction has always taken top priority. Not only is he one of our Group’s most accomplished and experienced members, Naoki Yoshida is also a charismatic leader possessing the skill to bring together and effectively helm a team which encompasses a wide range of responsibilities. We also welcome several new leaders handpicked from other projects to work with the existing talent on FINAL FANTASY XIV.

We realize time is of the essence and are fully determined to provide our customers with quality service. It is because of this that we ask our customers to be patient until we are able to confidently present them with a concrete plan outlining FINAL FANTASY XIV’s new direction. The free trial period will be extended until that time.

Regarding the PlayStation 3, it is not our wish to release a simple conversion of the Windows version in its current state, but rather an update that includes all the improvements we have planned. For that reason, we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of the PlayStation 3 version beyond the originally announced date of March 2011.

The FINAL FANTASY XIV team is working hard to bring our customers an unparalleled adventure, and we ask for your continued understanding and support as we march ever diligently towards that goal.

President and CEO, Yoichi Wada

The development and management teams would like to make an announcement regarding personnel changes.

[Organizational Changes to the Development Team]
    To improve the service of FINAL FANTASY XIV, Square Enix has made the following changes to the development team:

Managerial Changes

Producer/Director
    Naoki Yoshida

Section Leader Changes

Assistant Director
    Shintaro Tamai (FINAL FANTASY X, Front Mission 5: Scars of the War)

Lead Game Designer
    Nobuaki Komoto (FINAL FANTASY IX, FINAL FANTASY XI)

Lead Combat System Designer
    Akihiko Matsui (FINAL FANTASY XI)

Technical Advisor
    Yoshihisa Hashimoto (Next Generation Game Engine Development)

Lead Programmer
    Hideyuki Kasuga (FINAL FANTASY XI, DIRGE OF CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)

Senior Concept Artist
    Akihiko Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY XII, Vagrant Story)

Lead Artist
    Hiroshi Takai (FINAL FANTASY XI, THE LAST REMNANT)

Lead UI Designer/Lead Web Designer
    Hiroshi Minagawa (FINAL FANTASY XII, Vagrant Story)

These members will make up the development team's new core-a core dedicated to ensuring we achieve a level of enjoyability that will more than satisfy our customers. Under a schedule of more frequent version updates, the new leaders and their respective sections will strive for continued improvements to FINAL FANTASY XIV service operation and development.

[Extension of the Free Trial Period]
    As stated above, the newly restructured team's top priority is to bring about improvements to the game's enjoyability, and therefore we have decided to extend the free trial period until we can provide a plan that outlines a level of enjoyment that will satisfy both us and our customers. When we are confident that we have reached that goal, we will notify our customers immediately.

[Future Version Updates]
    At present, the development team is putting the finishing touches on the previously announced version update, which is still slated for release in mid-December. In addition, there is one more version update scheduled for release before year's end. Details on the content and dates of these updates will be released in the near future.

[Delay of the PlayStation 3 Version Release]
    Although the release date for the PlayStation 3 version of the game was previously announced as late March of 2011, we regret to inform that this date has been changed.

The PlayStation 3 release will be delayed until we are confident that the game has reached the level of enjoyability and service befitting the FINAL FANTASY name for users on all supported platforms. We offer our sincerest apologies to any fans anticipating the PlayStation 3 release, and humbly ask for your continued patience and understanding as both the development team and Square Enix as a whole strive towards making FINAL FANTASY XIV a truly enjoyable and unforgettable adventure.

[New Development Team Policy]
    I would like to take this opportunity to greet all of you—those currently playing FINAL FANTASY XIV, those who have taken a respite from playing, and those awaiting the PlayStation 3 release—and offer a brief word by way of an introduction.

No doubt there are very few, if any, among you who have ever heard the name Naoki Yoshida. To be sure, I have never been in the fore on any of the titles I have worked on in the past. I am, however, honored and privileged to work alongside many talented and inspiring colleagues, and with their support have enjoyed making games for a number of years. I am aware that a great many people will think the responsibility of leading FINAL FANTASY XIV is far too large a task for someone so unknown. After all, even my very best may seem no more than a drop in the bucket when considering the sheer scope of FINAL FANTASY XIV. But working together with me are the very talented and very capable development and management teams, whose dedication and motivation are unwavering. I would like to ask you to please put to rest uncertainties that you may have.

Now, more than ever, myself, the development team, and Square Enix as a whole, are committed to furthering our efforts to provide a quality service.

Everything we do will be for our players and customers.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida

First of all, I would like to apologize for our inability to fully satisfy our users with the initial release of FINAL FANTASY XIV. I take full responsibility for the game's current situation, and have therefore made the decision to step down from my role as producer. A number of concerns that have been voiced by users, such as the design of the user interface, availability of tutorials and game content, and battle system functionality, represent key issues that must be addressed. While improvements are already well underway in many areas, we were unfortunately not able to incorporate player feedback as quickly as we would have liked. We are aware, however, that in many cases, addressing these issues will call for a reworking of game elements. As these changes are our first priority, they will be commanding our full attention and efforts. It is to that end that we have put a new organizational structure into place for the development team. Under this new system, FINAL FANTASY XIV will see changes and additions in line with the desires and expectations of players. Though no longer producer, I will be continuing to support the development team in other capacities, and personally hope that you will continue your adventures in the realm of Eorzea.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...574cb9c3991c9f

New Odin
    BG Level

These people are serious about this, lol.

I think further delay of the PS3 version was probably the best decision they could make. Make the second chance fucking count.

Does this mean they got rid of Tanaka? HAHA

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

shit, they got rid of everyone... tanaka, sundi... the whole works.

New Odin
    BG Level

Updated.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

He's got a bit at the end of the lodestone entry if you look way down.

This is the BEST news SE could ever bring us. Happy day and let's hope that "new direction" is a path worth following them down.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tanaka stepped down from his current role, but looks like he still will be supporting FFXIV. Also, can't complain about playing for free longer lol.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly at least they acknowledge how hard they have failed. For SE and what we have come to know from them, I find this to be respectable. Hopefully FFXIV will turn into something great even if it's not any time soon, apparently we have more then 4 months to wait till fun arrives?!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Holy crap.

1) indefinite free trial extension

2) two updates before January

3) Tanaka no longer in charge

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Thank the lord. They are finally acting like an actual business. Out with the old and in with the new. At least this new director probably feels like he has something to prove, which could be promising.

Also the combat and lead game designers are from FFXI. Hopefully they can make the leve system worthwhile and incorporate more exciting/engaging instanced content. And for the love of god, please bring back party niches. Armory system is fun but we need designated tank/healer/support/dps roles.

Edit: I kind of feel bad for Tanaka and the rest of the crew that got canned. Even though they failed hardcore, it was most likely not their decision to release the game in the state it was.

New Odin
    BG Level

Technical Advisor
    Yoshihisa Hashimoto (Next Generation Game Engine Development)

This probably means the PS4 engine they're working on.

In addition, there is one more version update scheduled for release before year's end.

HUH?

I kind of feel bad for Tanaka and the rest of the crew that got canned. Even though they failed hardcore, it was most likely not their decision to release the game in the state it was.
    If someone should be blamed, it's Tanaka. Don't feel bad for him. And Komoto is still the Lead Game Designer.

First of all, I would like to apologize for our inability to fully satisfy our users with the initial release of FINAL FANTASY XIV. I take full responsibility for the game's current situation, and have therefore made the decision to step down from my role as producer. A number of concerns that have been voiced by users, such as the design of the user interface, availability of tutorials and game content, and battle system functionality, represent key issues that must be addressed. While improvements are already well underway in many areas, we were unfortunately not able to incorporate player feedback as quickly as we would have liked. We are aware, however, that in many cases, addressing these issues will call for a reworking of game elements. As these changes are our first priority, they will be commanding our full attention and efforts. It is to that end that we have put a new organizational structure into place for the development team. Under this new system, FINAL FANTASY XIV will see changes and additions in line with the desires and expectations of players. Though no longer producer, I will be continuing to support the development team in other capacities, and personally hope that you will continue your adventures in the realm of Eorzea.
    However, he gets my respect for saying this.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Is it just me or... do we get to play for free till the game is deemed playable? lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm not psyched on the new Lead Artist, Hiroshi Takai, but the Lead Concept Artist is still Yoshida (this isn't even a change), which is great. Still, I guess Takai gets to at least play with a much much more capable platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    Is it just me or... do we get to play for free till the game is deemed playable? lol
    Yup!

New Odin
    BG Level

How long will it take now until an AH is implemented?

E. Body
    BG Level

radical changesss to comeee maaaaaan

also, as a side note, who are the dudes who have been handling FFXI lately? reading the patches, FFXI looks pretty good now

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    radical changesss to comeee maaaaaan

also, as a side note, who are the dudes who have been handling FFXI lately? reading the patches, FFXI looks pretty good now
    The Lead Combat System Designer is the former Director of XI (From September '10).

The director.. never heard of the guy.

He must have been the "you making a great mistake der brah's, implement the AH and better UI already yo" guy.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Fina-fucking-lly.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    How long will it take now until an AH is implemented?
    end of the year i hope! lol

ITT: epic news.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

They just also announced a new director for FFXI as well this evening since they've brought Yoshida over.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The amount of humility that S-E is demonstrating now is very refreshing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I bet being in the XIV offices these last two months has been pretty solemn...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast