Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    fix the way I pick atmas. Is it too much to ask that the menu is 2 inches tall when most of us have like 40+ atmas , when we're only looking for 3....
    Oy, this really bothers me. I use an atma On page 1, 2, and 3 right now. Within a month, i'll probably have ultimate on page 4. It's really quite annoying.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorablue View Post
    If I'm not mistaken there are Rafflesia-like mobs in one of the SNES FFs. Also, weren't the Morbols called Ochu in the original FF?
    http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/espmon/ochu.shtml

http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/espmon/malboro.shtml

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Abyssea is fantastic and a lot more fun once you get your head around lunar abyssites, abyssites and atma. However I have to jump on the bandwagon here and say, I don't want Abyssea to be everything, always. It is fun to play in god mode and the NMs etc are great.

More story. WoTG story is better than things have been in a while but I really want more decent story and a completely new region/continent to explore. I have really enjoyed filling in some gaps in the Bastok storyline, by completing Altana missions. It's almost heartbreaking seeing the Hydra Corps etc. Very nicely done.

Please, no more reskinned existing zones. Yes, the abyssea zones are significantly different in terms of what you do there, and I have no issue with that but I'd love to see some new continents. Go North, go west, east or south - I really don't care. The excitement of the completely unknown is fantastic. I still remember people dying to Chigoe... before we knew what they were in ToAU.

I'm pleased with the move away from gil dependancy for decent gear. It's really upped the enjoyment for me. I can and do make gil when I need to and we operate a payout system for dynamis but its nice to know you can acquire gear without paying the earth for it.

Please for the love of Altana, do something with Walk of Echoes about the loot distribution. The event is 'almost' there, please just put things in a general pool and give players the ability to earn points towards specific gear.

Add something to older content or give us a reason (make things components?) to do it again. Atma do help but most people already have any Atma they need...

Much as I hate to admit it, I like the job specific emotes >.> EXCEPT MINE! (WHM)

Oh and thank you, for letting peeps who will never upgrade relic weapons, the chance to mess around with relic weaponskills.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Refuse to read the previous posts, but I'll say this.

I WANT MY FAR EAST EXPANSION IN THE WORKS. NAU!!!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    -The game needs a universal chat channel that can be read across all zones. I know these kinds of things are inevitable magnets for RMT messages and moronic bickering, but that shouldn't marr it's sheer usefulness. People are scattered all over Whitegate and Jeuno so shouting doesn't work anymore. Right now it's very awkward and difficult to find groups or try to buy or sell something not on the AH.
    This. I know most people here are in serious linkshells, so this probably isn't an issue for them. But a lot of us are just coming back to the game because of all the improvements. It's awesome that you can do so much in Abyssea with pick up groups, because casuals need to farm seals, atma, etc and PUGS are pretty much the only way to do that. But with everyone now spread out over Jeuno and WG, you can't really watch for shouts anymore. And maybe I'm neurotic, but I'm convinced that every time I leave town to work on weapon trials someone shouts for an atma farm run and I miss it.

It's also kind of depressing when shouts are so few and far between in towns. It gives the impression that the game is dead, when it's not at all.

I realize shout spam is annoying to everyone, but you can always filter it.

They could even do it through the linkshell system. Just have an NPC sell a pearl that anyone can equip, with no limits on the number of people in the shell at any given time. Let that be the public channel you can see from anywhere, and move PUG shouts to there. Put in some kind of time limit so you can only /sh once a minute or so. Everybody wins.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Have to agree with the Tenzen request, I've wanted more of the far-east storyline since I finished CoP. Another boxed expansion with new jobs would be great. The other thing I would REALLY love is more merit categories (or let us put more merits in to existing categories).... abyssea has polished off 7 jobs worth of merits.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I would also like something to do with my Experience Points (and High/Kindred Crests). I think I capped out on merits for all my jobs (even ungeared 75 ones) about halfway through Visions. Unless I have expensive food on, I use suicide over warp.

My suggestion would be: Expand the current merit system by removing category caps (stats, skills, hp/mp, t1/t2, other) and keeping individual caps.

This will not break the game, because in most situations you're only able to benefit from one or two skills/etc at once. So, say I merit 8/8 of every weapon skill on my WAR, 4/4 Parrying, 4/4 Evasion, etc. When I'm using a GA, I will not be any more durable or damaging than someone that was serious enough about GA WAR to go 8/8 GA, 4/4 Parrying, 4/4 Evasion. This game's single largest strength is the job system, which lets you change your role at will. It seems stupid to make people specialize at the end of the game, especially when no game balance issues would arise from not doing so. We don't become significantly stronger or more damaging than someone who specialized in that one job if you remove the caps from all merit categories. Game balance doesn't change, and it gives us something to do with the millions of xp we're wasting.

The (minor) exceptions to this are basically stats, HP/MP, and Other. My RDM would be slightly stronger with 8 MP and 8 HP merits. My DNC would be slightly more damaging with 5 DEX and 5 STR merits. Base stats though, by and large, aren't very important. I would certainly be a stronger player overall if I could merit 8/8 in each magic skill, but the benefit to any individual job would be incredibly minor.

This is the single easiest thing you could do to give us a use for this xp. Change some variables and patch it in tomorrow in a minor update. I'm waiting~!

Also, this would open up about a thousand merit points for me. I average over 100,000xp per Abyssea time build, but this would still take me ages to finish and I'd be in absolutely no rush to do so because of how minor the improvement to most of my jobs would be. I imagine I'd probably grind out ~100 merit points (cap DNC T1 and T2, cap Tomahawk, cap DEX and INT, cap MP, cap Dark magic, cap BLM T1s) but then it'd just be "Oh, how many merits do I get to spend today?" every night after I got back from Abyssea.

Edit: Just realized how many points that would really be o.O! I'd probably actually *want* like 300 points worth of stuff. I'd have the opportunity to spend well over 1000 though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    Challenge that doesnt simply relies on throwing bodies at it, and novelty, aka not ashittea.
    Only two other people on this entire forum agree with you.

LET.
    IT.
    GO.

Seriously. Content only a small fraction of the users can experience is not really content worth wasting time on. In that vein, if we were to brush up on old requirements, I'd actually call for a reduction in Relic currency costs, the ability to acquire fragments/attestations outside of the Dynamis zones, and then tweaks to Mythics like dropping the Alexandrite requirement (if not entirely) and reducing the cost of the Eyepatch and Wyrmseeker since they all serve as artificial time sinks. Need like 30 weeks just for the Eyepatch at like 1700 ichor average, then at least 43 days for Assault repeats and who the fuck knows how much Nyzul for tokens (Worse if you're spending to build).

Just tiresome balancing around the hardcore boogeyman when they're rarely satisfied while mid-tier content is still rough for a good portion of the players due to skill or time constraints.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Seriously. Content only a small fraction of the users can experience is not really content worth wasting time on. In that vein, if we were to brush up on old requirements, I'd actually call for a reduction in Relic currency costs, the ability to acquire fragments/attestations outside of the Dynamis zones, and then tweaks to Mythics like dropping the Alexandrite requirement (if not entirely) and reducing the cost of the Eyepatch and Wyrmseeker since they all serve as artificial time sinks. Need like 30 weeks just for the Eyepatch at like 1700 ichor average, then at least 43 days for Assault repeats and who the fuck knows how much Nyzul for tokens (Worse if you're spending to build).

Just tiresome balancing around the hardcore boogeyman when they're rarely satisfied while mid-tier content is still rough for a good portion of the players due to skill or time constraints.
    Are you suggesting that Relics and Mythics should just be delivered to your Moghouse?

You got me. How dare I want to grind Sandy 10 times for one person instead of 30+.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Actually I should probably not have said we have no idea what this coming years plans are. We don't know much, although we do know that least level 90-99 is coming and that they have plans for some kind of new merit point-like system. But that's about it.

Lots of differing opinions on Abyssea, which I totally sympathize with because I went back and forth on it myself. I think the proper way to think of it is as an event just like Dynamis or Salvage, not as an establishment of a new gameplay standard. The difference is that after years of trying to make a challenge by capping your level, restricting your subjobs, or inflicting you with pathos, this event rewards you with buffs.

Right now however Abyssea is the real and only endgame event and it feels sort of like it exists in its own bubble with the rest of FFXI as a vestigial remainder. You level up and get great new gear, but character progression should always have a challenge to match against your improvement, and that's what's lacking right now. The improvement is a dead-end just for its own sake. I'm confident however that eventually FFXI will return to focusing again on high-level content outside Abyssea. So for now I'm just having fun with it.

It used to be that "endgame" meant watching Youtube for 3 hours waiting to gamble on claiming the daily Internet Dragon. It was loathing yourself for putting up with the misery of your #462nd boring Dynamis that took away more than it gave. "Endgame" was old, and known, and low on fun. But that was just how FFXI was.

All that has been finally overturned and left behind. It was a pretty ballsy move that could have angered the veteran players, but it feels like everyone was ready and desperate for progression.

The endgame is dead, long live the endgame.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Add AFIII seals to Salvage(hands) dynamis(head) limbus(legs) nyzul(Feet) and Einherjar(body).
    (and if not drops in actual zones at least trade in alex/currency/abcoins/tokens/ampoules for seals)
    Reduce the number of people max in WOE chamber to 18 only allow people in a party/ally into the chamber.
    Make drk not suck
    Make new content for level 90+ outside of abyssea.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Endgame "pet job" armor. Those of us with multiple pet jobs haven't gotten a shout out yet. BST/PUP/SMN/DRG, go!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I want to head west in the world to a time of engineers and gunslingers. I want to take the train from bastok and just go out there to a more old-western style/steam engineering area. I want to do bounty on NM's out there in an assault style fashion.

I want evoliths to take off their weak exterior and push out to show some true form. Make them amazing, less HP+5 more Damage reduction/enhancement.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    Add AFIII seals to Salvage(hands) dynamis(head) limbus(legs) nyzul(Feet) and Einherjar(body).
    (and if not drops in actual zones at least trade in alex/currency/abcoins/tokens/ampoules for seals)
    I would never, ever do any of those events for seals. You can go into Abyssea and target/spam the mob you want for them now, and grind infinite farming time while you do it.

Why would you want to go to a format that severely limited your time and opportunity to get them? Especially in Ein/Limbus considering the long cool down and short event duration/limited loot pool?

I'd like to see more lowman friendly, mass respawn, good reward content like Abyssea, preferrably in a new full bore expansion. A CoP style storyline that gradually opens access to successively higher level abyssea style (no atmas/abyssites) areas with challenging foes, not an endless series of sidequest quality missions with no content rewards like WotG.

Meritable atma style boosts to allow for more customized game play.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    I would never, ever do any of those events for seals. You can go into Abyssea and target/spam the mob you want for them now, and grind infinite farming time while you do it.

Why would you want to go to a format that severely limited your time and opportunity to get them? Especially in Ein/Limbus considering the long cool down and short event duration/limited loot pool?
    I think the idea is to get them while doing those events for their other rewards. If you only needed the seals, you'd still do abyssea.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

More addons please, people don't mind spending 10 bucks when getting good content. Fov restictions need to go, shouldnt be cool down for that as unless you can find an astral burn sometimes best way to lvl mid lvls.
    Perhaps allow skill ups in campaign aswell, might add more interest to this previously popular casual event.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Flic View Post
    Perhaps allow skill ups in campaign aswell, might add more interest to this previously popular casual event.
    This this this this this this this

There is NO reason to not be able to skill up in campaign.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post

The idea is to breathe life back into the older content while helping people out with old content(H2U Relic/Mythic trials). People will be more inclined to help you with old shit if they actually got something worth while out of it(Aka. Seals).

If square really cared about campaign they'd add campaign mob kill shots to Magian trials and WOE coins to End boxes.