+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 256 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ah yes, 'Reapers'
    BG Level

Mass Effect 3

I'm surprised a thread dedicated to this hasn't been started yet.

I for one am hugely excited about this, and so happy to hear we only need to wait until holiday season next year, I had suspected a release date of Q1 2012.

Awesome to see it's going to Earth. I just hope it's more of a Freedoms Progress/Eden Prime role and once Shepard has fought off the Reapers from Earth, the game will move back to the bigger picture of saving the galaxy.

Roll on 2011 and more info!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

this shit gives me epic boners

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Mass Effect sucks.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Mass Effect sucks.
    NO U

another anticipated title for next year. gives me goosebumps!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

someone is being removed from my xbox live friend list
    :3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Give me give me give me give me give me give me

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...wantdowant.jpg

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

brb, fapping.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. Watch the first Mass Effect 3 trailer.
    From the ME2 Facebook update so it sounds like Earth won't be the first stop but the last stop on the battle.

I suspect it's going to be like I was saying back in the ME2 thread, something like the way factions worked in Dragon Age where the choices you made in ME1 and ME2 affect the strength of your fleet when you go to take back the earth. You'll either have a strong human fleet or a joint alliance fleet, probably have to recruit the Quarians, and then the Geth or the heretics, etc. I *kinda* hope they add space battles (even though that has the potential to be terrible) and the way they changed the interplanetary navigation in ME2 and the whole Hammerhead thing makes me think they were probably testing out some ideas to see if it'd be feasible.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there any word on whether or not this will get come out on PS3 at the same time as other consoles this time?

If it does I'm strongly considering rerolling a new character in ME2 on PS3.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Actually yes

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/13/ma...imultaneously/

Electronic Arts confirmed this morning that Mass Effect 3 will launch simultaneously on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC in holiday 2011. This marks the first time the franchise will set foot on all consoles on the same day. The first installment is still not available on the PS3, while the critically acclaimed sequel will "save the lost" on Sony's console beginning January 18.

Mass Effect 3 was officially unveiled over the weekend at the 2010 Spike VGAs. As evidenced by the trailer and the description from the EA Store last week, the "final" chapter in the Mass Effect saga will see Shepard saving Earth from the Reaper invasion. Come on, Shepard has saved the galaxy twice now -- he (or she) should have no difficulty saving one measly planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    I suspect it's going to be like I was saying back in the ME2 thread, something like the way factions worked in Dragon Age where the choices you made in ME1 and ME2 affect the strength of your fleet when you go to take back the earth. You'll either have a strong human fleet or a joint alliance fleet, probably have to recruit the Quarians, and then the Geth or the heretics, etc. I *kinda* hope they add space battles (even though that has the potential to be terrible) and the way they changed the interplanetary navigation in ME2 and the whole Hammerhead thing makes me think they were probably testing out some ideas to see if it'd be feasible.
    The way the set it up, you have the Krogan factor (genophage choices), Quarians vs Geth, Geth vs Heretics, Rachni choice from ME1, Humans and Citadel and the Collector base choice. Those seemed like the biggest decisions, who knows how the smaller choices affect the story though.

I dunno about space battles, so far the extra exploration stuff in ME has been awful, downright frustrating to just plain boring. I would rather dock ships and take on whatever enemies are there. Hammerhead is the step in the right direction, but it's not enough.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    i couldnt find my pants by the time that was over. so much better with the song than the voice over

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I dunno about space battles, so far the extra exploration stuff in ME has been awful, downright frustrating to just plain boring. I would rather dock ships and take on whatever enemies are there. Hammerhead is the step in the right direction, but it's not enough.
    The mining in ME2 I thought was boring, since I absolutely loved the Mako. Landing on a random planet and exploring the shit out of was one of my favorite things about the first Mass Effect.

Can't wait for this, has there been any word on more ME2 DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post
    The mining in ME2 I thought was boring, since I absolutely loved the Mako. Landing on a random planet and exploring the shit out of was one of my favorite things about the first Mass Effect.

Mako was retardedly boring and bugged. I didn't like the fact that 90% of the "Exploring" game was running around on a mako looking for boring random shit and to add insult to injury, you'd just run into copies of the same cave/maze over and over on every planet. If I wanted to play Starfox and dick around on a land master then I would have. It felt essentially like an excuse to add more content by copying maps.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Halo added space battles and it worked great IMO (and everyone elses). Also I am the biggest fucking Bioware fanboy here, I would gladly suck the doctors cock for 10 minutes with ME3 tomorrow.

Also between this game, Dragon Age II, WoW, Uncharted 3,and a hopeful Halo ce remake. My year is already set for gaming.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Funny you mention that BK, Im flying to edmington to get some hands on time with ME 3 this week and assorted projects.

Also the Mako fucking sucked.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post

News coming soonish.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Funny you mention that BK, Im flying to edmington to get some hands on time with ME 3 this week and assorted projects.

Also the Mako fucking sucked.
    Mako controls were rage filled fun. I believe it worked out better on pc but on the xbox it was torture.