Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I love me some FF4, but I was sad to see the bonus dungeon absent from the DS version. Haven't tried the after years yet due to lack of a wii. I guess this will be my chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Even if you could use any character, was there a point in that?
    Rosa>Porom, Rydia>Palom, Kain>Cid/Yang and Edward just sucks. Fusoya was by far the best of the temporary characters but they don't let you use him, which really annoyed me.
    I'd take Yang over Kain any day.

Fuck Kain.

Spoiler: show
    Oh yea, I went there.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Throw > Kick, gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Throw > Kick, gtfo
    I agree....but what does Edge have to do with this?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Ah I misread.

Didn't care much for Kain, but I was amused that he could equip Axes and go to town with Jump.

The problem with Kain, other than being the most overrated character since Boba Fett, is that Jump is....crap.

Spend 2 turns to do 2x damage while all your characters with less defense/no shield take damage, then if he takes damage between jumps you miss AoE heals while in the air.

I just give him the avenger and let him thwack away, less damage than other stuff but the perma-zerk makes up for it, and if you're not using jump attacking is all he's gonna do anyway.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Some small new info, from Alex of Andriasang who's at Jump Festa right now

The Jump Festa page says that FFIV Complete Collection has updated visuals, a new scenario that connects the original FFIV with The After Years, and a gallery mode. The last feature was not mentioned in the Jump reveal.

FFIV Complete Collection is due for PSP release this Spring.
    Final Fantasy IV (as far as 2D versions go) looks better than ever. The sprites have been redrawn and look great.
    Final Fantasy IV and The After Years seem to have CG sequences in them similar to the DS remake. CM only scenes? Not sure yet.
    The 2 new pics that were there are very small, but I'll post them anyway:

Should be some more info rolling in later on/tomorrow

Edit: Comparison pics: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/17...te-collection/

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Glad the redrew TAY sprites. I seen pics of them and Ceodore's sprite was just urgh.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

so far all the images released of it are from TAY huh

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Well just finished Ceodore story

It's good, not the best but yeah lol can't wait to see those tales : exept Edge, hate that guy

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Man Rydia tale is shit, starting at lv 15 taking like 1000-3000 to XP she has no gear, the gear cost like 6k to upgrade and get like 30xp per fight and 30gil

-,.-

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Jump Festa Trailer, also on Official Site now:

Couple of new screens on here: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/20/ffiv_site/

Or can view them on official site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff4cc/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I recently acquired an NA FFII SNES cartridge. I've never played any incarnation of this and hear lots of good things. Should I play it in its original form or wait for this PSP version? Is it even planned for an NA release at the same time? I do own a PSP and just completed FFIX (PSOne classics version) on it.

BG Level

SNES version is good for a learner RPG, but if you want the real (Hard) version get the PSX or GBA versions, though both versions have their flaws (PSX has long load times due to poor emulation and the GBA version has random glitches in battle and inferior sound quality), the DS version is pretty challenging to, however they tweaked the boss fights and some other things.

Or if you don't want to spend money, find a translation for the JP FF4 ROM and grab an emulator.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The DS version is harder than the SNES version by miles, but they do make more of the characters fun to play.

BG Level

Agreed, the DS version is the hardest version IMO.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is awesome! This is probably my favorite Final Fantasy game out of the entire series, and possibly one of my favorite games of all time. I only played the original SNES version eons ago, and heard about the After Years several years back when they released them as episodes for the cell phones in Japan, but was saddened thinking I was never going to get a chance to play this. I am hoping they port this over; I would buy it in a heartbeat. I would even buy the special edition PSP if they actually made one! >;O

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They made Golbez look even more bad-ass. I did however find it weird that he was several times the size of the party members during battle. I am however curious as to what they have planned for an "in-between" story. The game felt pretty well wrapped up aside from a few parts. I too echo the sentiments about the DS version's difficulty. It did however do a better job fleshing out the characters' backgrounds than the original.

BG Level

I think that was just to reflect how the game was in the SNES version. His overworld sprite was the same size as everyone else, but when you fight him he's about 4x times larger than the party's battle sprites, then turns their size during the team up with Fuyosa.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

so wait. let me get this right. they remade FFIV in 3D on the DS, and in 2D on the PSP?

brilliant. fucking brilliant.

and no, Kaisha, you are certainly not the only person getting tired of FFIV re-re-re-releases. FFV or VI please.