1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    :3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Anyone else notice that "Quick" now has a timer for how long it'll last?, Is this the case for all timed buffs?. I dunno , I find it useful though :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Angrynixon View Post
    Just a small finding(question also) with respect to the update. Is anyone taking more damage than before?
    It has already been mentioned in one of these threads that it seems the penalty for wearing gear before optimal rank has been changed to be a bit more severe. I think it was noted that the evasion and defence were particularly poor until optimal rank now. Personally, I can not confirm, but it would be lovely if someone could do some rudimentary testing and report back in.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you Dense. That's an interesting thought. I'm above optimal by a bit now for my gear but I hadn't considered that particular possibility.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
    Anyone else notice that "Quick" now has a timer for how long it'll last?, Is this the case for all timed buffs?. I dunno , I find it useful though :D
    Yeah, all buffs that wear over time have a timer now. Does anyone know if debuffs have a timer?

Yes they do.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Angrynixon View Post
    Thank you Dense. That's an interesting thought. I'm above optimal by a bit now for my gear but I hadn't considered that particular possibility.

If you are a Firm Conviction user, assuming they have properly fixed it so its only on while casting, that would probably cover it. Havent been ig long enough (or gone long enough w/o r0ing) to try it myself, but if it is fixed then the damage difference would be pretty big

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daiiawn View Post
    If you are a Firm Conviction user, assuming they have properly fixed it so its only on while casting, that would probably cover it. Havent been ig long enough (or gone long enough w/o r0ing) to try it myself, but if it is fixed then the damage difference would be pretty big
    I am a Firm Conviction user and I had my suspicions it had something to do with that as that was the only thing in the patch notes that might have hinted at a difference in damage taken. The difference was/is substantial.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Instead of just constantly upping the penalty of wearing higher gear with every update. Why don't they just make it so you can't wear gear higher then you? Seems rather simple to me. Also makes leveling into gear much more satisfying.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Instead of just constantly upping the penalty of wearing higher gear with every update. Why don't they just make it so you can't wear gear higher then you? Seems rather simple to me. Also makes leveling into gear much more satisfying.
    LOGIC?
    ERROR.
    DOES NOT COMPUTE.

You can just not wear higher rank gear and get the same effect.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They are going to make equipment that has more strict rules about equipping. If you speak to the new NPCs inside the market wards, they mention that gear can have the words "Requires:" for rank, and "Fits:" for classes, disallowing equipping by classes/ranks that don't meet them.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Instead of just constantly upping the penalty of wearing higher gear with every update. Why don't they just make it so you can't wear gear higher then you? Seems rather simple to me.
    You mean like FFXI before Level Sync? No thanks.

On my primary job (ARC), my gear is all rank-appropriate. When I switch jobs (for, say, a guild mark leve), I like the fact that I'm not forced to switch out all of my gear or be naked, and I'm willing to eat a penalty for that privilege.

What I don't understand is why someone who is bothered by optimal rank penalty would say, "You know what... I wish that I was unable to equip this gear at all!" Such a system is extremely simple to simulate: simply remove every piece of gear that you are not optimal rank for, and voila! You have created your own reality.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Such a system is extremely simple to simulate: simply remove every piece of gear that you are not optimal rank for, and voila! You have created your own reality.
    You're really good at missing the point. Some people are intimidated by the freedom of decision making. When there's less freedom in what they can do, the choices are really simple. The way the system is set up now (while I think it's heavily based on class-switching not leaving you naked since you can do it anywhere), it confuses a lot of people as to what they should wear because the stat-comparison numbers do not take into account non-optimal ranks/classes. Pretending they don't have a choice doesn't change anything... and then there's the people who wish the person running by in chain/plate armor, holding a little twig wand, was an impossibility as it takes away from realism, etc. and is visually retarded (it is).

Also, I just mentioned they will be introducing equipment that is not equip-able by lower ranks or other classes.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

This all could be helped tremendously by making the results of non-optimal choices more obvious and clearly communicated.

E.g. (made up numbers) they could communicate a flat value decrease for non optimal class (like 40%) and 5% per rank that you're below optimal rank;

They could also display this in the item description windows like optimal value (value if you equip it now) e.g. 100 (60)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by goodr View Post
    They could also display this in the item description windows like optimal value (value if you equip it now) e.g. 100 (60)
    I wish they would do this. Having to swap gear back and forth just to see if the stats are actually better or not is incredibly dumb... this inconvenience is probably the only reason I have begun ignoring gear that was past my optimal rank. I have just gotten too tired of testing everything to find out it's just 1 point of defense better and just assume it's not.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You'll probably see it in a year or so. It seems that the more useful an adjustment or patch is, the latter it arrives. A simple percentage indication of how much of an item's "potential" you'd get when wearing it would do wonders. I guess that's too complicated, though, in a game that didn't even allow for key-binding at launch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I really wish they could have had their shit together enough to have a Halloween event, the snow/music/decorations this month are pretty top-notch. It appears there's some Cherry/Strawberry Confetti items for New Years's...? (edit: nevermind, girls' day)

Also, where are the pudding mobs? Mistbeard Cove? I want to go get killed by one.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So, are the stones used to turn in for gear rewarded from every 400 faction credit NM leve? Or do you have to have them listed on the leve as a reward to get them?

We just finished the Broken Water/amaal'ja NM, and person who started the leve didn't get a stone.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Never do faction leves if the reward isn't listed initially...

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Never do faction leves if the reward isn't listed initially...
    Just did another where the member also had only gil listed as reward on the leve. They got a stone from the chest at the end.

Looks like RNG funtimes at the cost of 400 faction credits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast