1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 400 point faction leves     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

400 point faction leves

1) How hard are they? Could a tank and mage duo?

2) Are all 3 factions dropping different random stones or is there a pattern?

Heard you need 6 people for the buffalo and 8 people for the wolf guy.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

For the Drake/Amaal'ja NM I would take no less than 2 tanks 2 healers 2 dps. For the Buffalo I would take no less than 1 tank 2 healers 3 dps. Haven't done wolf yet.

The leve NMs are considerably weaker than the world NMs, but you still have a time limit. THM's dots also seem to wreck NMs pretty bad.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
    For the Drake/Amaal'ja NM I would take no less than 2 tanks 2 healers 2 dps. For the Buffalo I would take no less than 1 tank 2 healers 3 dps. Haven't done wolf yet.

The leve NMs are considerably weaker than the world NMs, but you still have a time limit. THM's dots also seem to wreck NMs pretty bad.
    When you say that are you assuming all r50s?

Trying to see what is gonna be a for sure win on all of them before using the points

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh what a let down, I was hoping for a good thread about the NM leves with good info.... blah

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
    The leve NMs are considerably weaker than the world NMs, but you still have a time limit.
    Both have a time limit, actually. The open world NMs start to rage after 30 minutes. Also, as far as the buffalo NM, it's not that much lower in rank than the open world buffalo. There is only a 2-3 rank difference from what I see.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do certain factions have to be completed other than the special mission factions before you have access to these? Rank Specific for it to even show up?

Edit: I only have 327 for said area (Horn in Hand), It's not showing because it's a 400 point leve?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm not sure about the first question but I you can't even look at leves that you can't afford.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So I did the the 2 broken blade specials today, and the 400 point one did not show up, I have 280 points in it. But the 400 point in shields popped and i have 500 in that one. Either its glitched or you get the 400 given to you in a different faction if you have the points in it.

This happen to anyone else?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    So I did the the 2 broken blade specials today, and the 400 point one did not show up, I have 280 points in it. But the 400 point in shields popped and i have 500 in that one. Either its glitched or you get the 400 given to you in a different faction if you have the points in it.

This happen to anyone else?
    If I'm understanding correctly, you're wanting the 400 point leve to show up in the faction that you don't have 400 points in? It won't show up until you have 400 points.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    If I'm understanding correctly, you're wanting the 400 point leve to show up in the faction that you don't have 400 points in? It won't show up until you have 400 points.
    You are understanding correctly, but... It gave me the 400 shields one when I did no 100s in shield.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nekoh Tee
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Medivh

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    2) Are all 3 factions dropping different random stones or is there a pattern?
    want to know that also, certain stones only drop from certain NM? or are they pretty much random which stones they drop?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The stones u get (if u are lucky enough to even get 1 to drop) is definatly just any random piece.

What I wanna know is if anyone has found a better way to actually get a stone to drop??? I mean man, 5 of us linked a 400 buffalo leve and noone got a stone....

I got lucky and a stone dropped for me. However, other where not as lucky as me during the run. So for now I am holding off. I hope we get more information on the stones soon. Once I get to 1000 credits I guess I will have to do them then. Really annoys me that only two faction has the NM for stones.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
    Really annoys me that only two faction has the NM for stones.
    Until they make a new faction, it's going to stay that way. Horn and Hand leves never involve fighting. They are all focused on collecting items, investigating areas, and/or following suspects.

Has any pattern been noticed when it comes to which stones drop?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nekoh Tee
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Medivh

there a limit to how many you can have in your party for these leves?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So we did the buffalo 2 way link, I got a stone while the other guy dint. When I went to check the stone it turned out to be Harlequin Aketon. GG SE way to make the only endgame a pile of faggotry.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I see a lot of shout-trades for those gear sets in Ul'dah.