1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

FFXIV needs these fixed, help out by submitting to FFXIV feedback!

We need to figure out how to get this list on the forums. There is not a thread to put it in... Let me know your ideas!

A list of problems that the FFXIV players request to be addressed:

Behests:
    -Mobs that are not actively claimed do not give SP/EXP
    *When players are attempting to coordinate, it is not uncommon for a few of the players to mistakenly attack mobs that are unclaimed to the group. Causing SP/EXP loss for everyone.

Levequests:
    -During certain stages of levequests the minimap and main map fail to indicate the location of the targets
    *Players are noticing a lack of target indicators on the map during some leves. This happens most often with necro leves when the final boss' spawn.

-Failure of levequests occurs upon disconnection from the game
    *Players occasionally experience periods of intermittent connection to the FFXIV servers, if a player has started a levequest and is disconnected from the server, the levequest is instantly failed and all rewards of the levequest are forfeited.

-Disconnecting during the last synthesis material of a local levequest prevents completion of the levequest
    *If you DC while crafting a local levequest item and are on the last item from the available materials (and this item would be the determination if you fail the levequest), the levequest will not fail when you return to he game. It will stay in your log with one item missing until you gather 8 new local levequests and replace it.

Monsters:
    -Aggressive monsters may begin attacking players before the client loads them
    *As a player approaches a new zone, the client does not begin loading enemies in the new zone until after the player crosses the zone line. Causing players to take damage from enemies without warning resulting in worst case death before the player's client is aware of the monster.

-Aggressive monsters may begin attacking players immediately as they respawn after death
    *As a player moves around the battlefield seeking out new foes to challenge, it is not uncommon for the player to unknowingly enter the territory of a fallen adversary. Causing the untimely demise of the player as the monster respawns and immediately begins assailing the adventurer.

-Balance between the gathering classes and the loot from monsters
    *Players wishing to advance their characters to the level cap tend to defeat monsters for long periods of time. Some monsters drop a high ratio of items that are available from disciples of the land classes. The markets are flooded with raw materials that should be coming from the disciples of the land causing a deflated importance for these classes to perform their basic functions because monsters drop the materials to classes at a better rate than the disciples of land can obtain.

Client:
    -Abilities mapped to the action bar do not indicate status correctly
    *During the course of battle, action abilities incorrectly display they are available for use. Causing players who to attempt use these abilities erratic stamina bar and ability behavior.

-Stamina does not deplete according to the abilities used
    *When performing the first ability on an enemy, it is not uncommon for players to lose all of their stamina. This occurs when the first ability is started while in range but finishes when the mob is out of range. Causing players to begin refilling the stamina bar from nothing before attacking.

-Trading items between players is limited to four slots
    *It is not uncommon for players to solicit items from each other. In the instance that one player is requesting another player to craft an item, the players must traverse the trading menu twice just to trade the materials, and a third time to collect the crafted item after completion of the synthesis.

-Partied players are locked from basic functionality while fighting
    *While actively engaged in battle players cannot manually invite extra players, kick unwanted players, or teleport to or from battle via aetherite. While some problems can be circumvented by setting up an automatic party invitation the players joining the party cannot be guaranteed to be the players intended. This problem commonly arises during Behests/Levequests when players attempt to create one large group.

-Penalties for partied players are calculated even while party members are not receiving SP/EXP from battle
    *It is not uncommon for a party to have an additional member in town or at another aetherite. However, SP/EXP is still calculated as if they were present causing decreased SP/EXP gains without the bonus of another player assisting with the kill.

-The client crashes when set up for full screen mode and loses active focus
    *Players seeking the full visual immersion that FFXIV offers often find their client crashing for petty reasons such as an anti-virus scan, notification window popping up, and alt tabbing. This causes the players to not be able to enjoy the beautiful environments as they have to log in upon each crash.

-The server does not release an actively logged in character when the client of that character crashes
    *Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for the FFXIV game client to crash. However, the server keeps the character logged in for extended periods of time after the crash preventing the character from logging on. Causing the player to be frustrated that they cannot return to the battlefield and assist their fellow adventures.

-Checking the linkshell list may cause the game to lock up with an error message
    *As players move towards more group oriented activity it is not uncommon for them to check the linkshell list more often to see which players are online. Unfortunately under certain conditions the client will display an error message and lock the player out of the game until they manually end the ffxivgame.exe task from the windows task manager.

-Equiping and unequiping abilities or traits using the macro system may not perform as expected
    *Players attempting to optimize their macros for job changes are finding that actions such as Pierce cannot be equiped and that traits cannot be unequiped causing players to manually make these adjustments rather than rely on the macro system.

Battle Regimen
    -Battle Regimens may never activate regardless of the queued abilities
    *As players begin to practice Battle Regimens during their encounters with the monstrosities of Eorzia, it appears that Battle Regimens will not activate if too many people are near the battle causing what appears to be indefinite lag for the activation of the Regimen. Players must disengage the enemy before having the ability to continue the battle

Fishing
    -After the initial bite from the unwary fish the jig action may always result in the loss of the fish
    *While refreshing one's mind by the stream after a long afternoon of fullfilling levequest duties, it is not uncommon for adventurers to seek a basket of fresh or saltwater fare. Unfortunatly, some adventurers are encounting difficulties pulling in these fish because of the time sensitive nature of the jig action resulting in adventurers tossing down their poles in frustration.

Death and Returning:
    -Upon death and returning to an aetherite:
    1. you may instantly revive on the spot without selecting return
    2. your movement speed may be reduced once returned
    3. the player may be revived but not returned after selecting return
    4. a player who revives and immediately runs to cross a zone line will not be returned
    5. abilities used prior to dieing often are seen to have their cool down periods doubled as if they had been used while weakened

*It is not uncommon for unwary adventurers to fall prey to stronger adversaries. Returning to the last attuned aetherite is commonly used to recover from such an encounter. Occasionally, players who are cured as they take their finishing blow are revived instantly by the cure. Other times, players who remain unconscious and select return face a reduced movement speed until they change active/passive modes or swap equipment. Lastly it can be seen in the rare adventurer that selecting return revives them on the spot without returning the adventurer to a place of safety. This last occurrence can be exploited if the character is near a zone line to always prevent the returning. Players who have used abilities such as Exaltation prior to death often ponder how their cool down timers reflect twice the cool down period even though the ability was not used after death when facing the doubled cool down penalty for abilities

Telliani

Natron leves are still busted. (36 instead of 48 maxed)

and can you use something other than a blue that's almost the same color as the white on the screen? it's very unreadable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks,
    I'll change the color to a little darker, but I do not want to clog up the post with reasoning that isn't really needed except to explain where the problem occurs.

the leve you are mentioning is already being addressed by SE, I think they have plans to fix it already.
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...f7a71b2a230c36

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

An issue wherein the following local levequests commissioning the synthesis of copper gorge hooks or pinches of natron could not be completed has been addressed.
    Blacksmith
    Camp Bald Knoll: Premiums Paid
    Alchemist
    Camp Skull Valley: Feeding the Trainees
    Camp Bloodshore: Feeding the Trainees
    Camp Bearded Rock: Feeding the Trainees
    They supposedly fixed them in the update but if Telliani is right they are still broken. I think that would constitute a new problem.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Regarding Behests... sometimes (probably depending on how many mob groups are already claimed by the party) attacking a target does not even claim it, allowing you to actually damage and eventually kill something without gaining any skill/exp from it because of the already mentioned problem with claim/damage/skill. The problem already mentioned also has very negative effects regarding using AoE attacks.

While running away from Plain Puddings in Mistbeard Cove, their (absurdly fast) ranged attacks will often not show up in the log at all, even if they hit/kill you.

There are severe glitches regarding ability cooldown timers not being portrayed accurately (way too short), resulting in abilities that look usable but yield a "you can't use that ability at this time" message. Usually, along with this bug, Stamina regenerates inconsistently fast and fluxuates erratically as it fills.

Aggressive monsters instantly engage nearby players the split second they spawn with no warning.

Your behest problem is a targeting system problem(or feature, lol). You can only claim one party of monsters at a time whether it be in leves or single monsters outside both.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well, I was in a 8 or so person group on a Cassiopeia Hollow Behest, part of our targets were a crowd of maybe 14 elementals which were all paired up in groups. We had two groups (4 elementals) claimed at once. I suppose that wasn't supposed to happen? Lame.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Well, I was in a 8 or so person group on a Cassiopeia Hollow Behest, part of our targets were a crowd of maybe 14 elementals which were all paired up in groups. We had two groups (4 elementals) claimed at once. I suppose that wasn't supposed to happen? Lame.
    I don't know if it is supposed to happen but I know it can. Was doing a Bloodshore Behest and we had 2 pairs of elementals claimed but it took almost 50% damage on the second pair to get it to go red. There is a problem to be sure but who knows if it is because we are only supposed to have 1 pair claimed or if the claiming of secondary or tertiary groups is messed up.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I did Natron leve this morning in LL, it was for Bearded Rock, I completed all 6 synths and turned it in no problem. Shit's fixed.

Don't forget that they changed Natron synth rate to 6 from 12 per synth in the December patch that broke the leve, so 36 is the max you can make now w/ the 6 attempts and you only need to make 24 to complete it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

removed levequest problem, thanks for the extra's guys. I had forgotten about some of these, especially the zone=death in some areas.

Forgive me if this is actually me doing something wrong, but this has gone on long enough: I have a full thing of stamina, I go into active mode and lock on and I do...something/anything. My stamina bar goes down to empty and then when it gets to 20% or whatever, I do what I meant to do. 90% of the time, this is annoying but inconsequential. But 10% of the time, this fucks things up, and as real, challenging encounters are added, this will become worse and worse.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Achitophel View Post
    Forgive me if this is actually me doing something wrong, but this has gone on long enough: I have a full thing of stamina, I go into active mode and lock on and I do...something/anything. My stamina bar goes down to empty and then when it gets to 20% or whatever, I do what I meant to do. 90% of the time, this is annoying but inconsequential. But 10% of the time, this fucks things up, and as real, challenging encounters are added, this will become worse and worse.
    I've had this problem since launch... it gets really irritating/dangerous if I am approaching an aggressive mob and my initial attack simply drains my stamina and nothing more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What you describe has never occurred to me but I think some mobs had TP drain in their attacks, frequently mobs hit me and the hits drain TP. I'll add it to the list.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have that happen as well. I will try to engage a mob by opening with a standard attack, it doesn't fire, so I look at my Stamina and it is empty and slowly filling but nothing has happened yet.

Local leves
    If you DC while crafting a local leve item that would have been succesfully finished otherwise, and this would have been the item needed for the required ammount for the leve, the leve will not fail neither will it complete. It will stay in your log with one item missing till you gather 8 new local leves and replace it.
    There needs to be a better way of abandoning local leves other than replacing them with new ones.

http://i63.servimg.com/u/f63/14/03/18/70/leve10.jpg

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

When inside Gridania, when you travel down past the Chocobo Stables, down the ramp and U-turn it into the Adventurer's Guild, it takes an agonizingly long time for any of the NPCs inside the guild to load (even though they all show up on the map immediately). I think some of those server segments need to be shifted around so the Adventurer's Guild chunk begins to load significantly higher up than that ramp.

I'm not the only one seeing this every single time I teleport to Gridania to pick up some leves, am I?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks for all of the submissions guys. Mioko, my npcs load on time in that situation.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

More trading slots, 4 is way too limited and I don't see it mentionned on the Lodestone.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
    Thanks for all of the submissions guys. Mioko, my npcs load on time in that situation.
    I think I've narrowed the "problem" down to only when I teleport to Gridania and immediately run straight to the Carline Canopy to get my leves. It appears if I've been in town for a while doing other things or simply walked into the city from the Black Shroud on foot, there's not nearly as bad of a wait for that chunk to load. I have no slow connection issues whatsoever otherwise with the game. I think it just gets caught up loading a bunch of other shit within the town because I teleported directly into town from out of the region and I can run to the leve NPCs and stand there at the counter for a number of minutes before it gets caught up at all. Someone else check this for me the next time they teleport straight into Gridania from La Noscea/Mor Dhona/Coerthas/Thanalan.

I know the ability recasts and stamina bar shit is already listed by holy shit it has just been getting worse for me by the day. None of my abilities or spells show cooldown timers at all. If I have the TP/MP/etc. they are lit up and appear ready to go. It's incredibly hindering when I have to take guesses at whether my abilities are ready or not and I end up wasting my time mashing Second Wind only to be spammed with "You can't use Second Wind at this time" before I switch over to Cure/Sacrifice. It's by far the most debilitating bug I've encountered and it's actually been getting worse than when I first noticed it.

P.S. This is an "actual bug/error/malfunction/etc" thread and not so much a "suggestion" thread. Yeah we should have 8 slots for trading, especially when recipes can take up to 8 different items... but that's just a stupid oversight, and not so much the game malfunctioning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't see this mentioned but while exchanging an incomplete local leve for another rank 15 local the latter magically turned into a rank 35 leve...
    My Culinarian is Rank 13 so it's pretty much impossible for me to even pick up a rank 35 leve, let alone actually complete it. I'm assuming this is a bug.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast