BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That was just a bunch of people being pissed off that thier gear got outdated for less than 100k in gil. They also assumed that full aurore= ful perle.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I thought so.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not really, even then full perle on sam or war was still gimp. All it took to beat full perle on either job with cruor buffs on was Turban, Haidate, Dusk hands and feet nq. There is no reason you couldn't get those items at Visions release, unless you were gimp. All full perle did was set a new bar for the bare minimum acceptable gear for those jobs, without even coming to the standard of gear that would have been considered "casual".

It's a different story with the set bonus for Drks and Drgs of course, but those jobs account for a relative minority of players compared to War and Sam's monolithic bandwagons. Even for those jobs however, people who wore partial sets (excluding the body, as previously stated) were still gimp, since Perle is even worse on a per slot basis. Dusk was cheap, Omega was easy, and +2 haste in a hand/leg/feet slot was below average.

My question is, with these things being fairly obvious and Visions being long since past, why don't you think perle is gimp?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

MAybe it was different for you but i saw people saying/implying full perle was gimp for drk drg etc during visions. Yeah it was weakshit for sam and wars but i also didn't see more than 5ish sams and wars wearing it and the main reasoning I heard people use against full perle was that they should have spent 30 mil on dusk+1 gloves.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    That said, it is recognized here that Perle body beats ebody at this point, though neither are ideal.
    What would be ideal right now? I assume the answer would be either Ravager's +1/+2, but I'm not quite to that point. I'm still trying to ungimp my WAR after quite a few months off so I'm looking for any upgrade advice I can get since I can't seem to find any, anywhere else. I know TP should be going from this:

Vermeli/Pole/-/Bomlet(Ravager's for Aggressor)
    Turban/PCC/Assault/Brutal
    Aurum/Dusk/Rajas/Blitz
    Cuch/Swift/Byakko/Aurum

to this:

Gaxe(*)/Rose/-/W.Tathlum
    Turban/Ravagers(?)/Ravagers(?)/Brutal
    Ra+1~2/Timarli/Rajas/Hoard
    Tactical/Goading/Rav+1~2/Rav+1~2
    (*Using Vermeli right now, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Obviously Ukon would be the top tiered choice, but past that the STR ToM one looks good and so does Widowmaker. Any opinions between these two?)

As for WS:

Vermeli/Pole/ - /Ravagers
    Heca/Gorget/Triumph(Vampire)/Brutal
    Ebody/Heca/Rajas/Triumph
    Foragers/Warwolf(WAR Stone)/Byakko/Heca

As where to go from there, I'm not too sure what to upgrade to and still obtain a 5 hit. Still missing VV/RR for atma, but I'm hoping to pick those up very soon either through my shell or rounding up a shout group (). Any advice or opinions would greatly appreciated.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    Not really, even then full perle on sam or war was still gimp. All it took to beat full perle on either job with cruor buffs on was Turban, Haidate, Dusk hands and feet nq. There is no reason you couldn't get those items at Visions release, unless you were gimp. All full perle did was set a new bar for the bare minimum acceptable gear for those jobs, without even coming to the standard of gear that would have been considered "casual".

It's a different story with the set bonus for Drks and Drgs of course, but those jobs account for a relative minority of players compared to War and Sam's monolithic bandwagons. Even for those jobs however, people who wore partial sets (excluding the body, as previously stated) were still gimp, since Perle is even worse on a per slot basis. Dusk was cheap, Omega was easy, and +2 haste in a hand/leg/feet slot was below average.

My question is, with these things being fairly obvious and Visions being long since past, why don't you think perle is gimp?
    My question pertained to Visions time (80 cap), noone said Omega wasnt easy, but I can remember countless posts in dorp thread where <insert Homam piece here> didnt drop again, or aww crap double head again, etc, and as I stated above, people being in said shells and just having bad luck.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    MAybe it was different for you but i saw people saying/implying full perle was gimp for drk drg etc during visions. Yeah it was weakshit for sam and wars but i also didn't see more than 5ish sams and wars wearing it and the main reasoning I heard people use against full perle was that they should have spent 30 mil on dusk+1 gloves.
    Maybe it's just different on Asura. I was in Dynamis-Qufim yesterday helping a pickup group get the win, and there were two wars and 3 sams with full or 3/5 perle in the group. People hating on full perle for drg/drk at Visions release were just plain hating at the time. I had hq dusk back then, but by no means would I have expected the general population to have them.

@ TT

If you're going for a trial weapon anyway, just do Maschu +1/+2. It's not especially difficult with the increased drop rates, and is a world of difference. Short of that I'd say the str magian, not because it's necessarily better, but because it will continue to improve while Widowmaker will eventually go the way of Vermeil.

Any stp body will beat perle for tp, if only by virtue of allowing you do drop rose for a better strap. Zahaks, Grim, Twilight and Perle will all give you better ws results than ebody; Heafoc Mitts, Cavaros mantle, and aqua/breeze belts would all be improvements as well at a glance. Ravager's +2 head/feet will beat the corresponding heca pieces as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    My question pertained to Visions time (80 cap), noone said Omega wasnt easy, but I can remember countless posts in dorp thread where <insert Homam piece here> didnt drop again, or aww crap double head again, etc, and as I stated above, people being in said shells and just having bad luck.
    It was incredibly poorly phrased then. Of course people posted no drop shots, the same way people post Ovni/Turul/Shinryu non drops now. That didn't make any of it particularly rare though, and I doubt anyone would have denied at the time that their Drk was gimp for rocking Exorcist's Hose, or w/e non-Homam Drk wore at the time. I mean, the event was around for 4+ years.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    As for WS:

Vermeli/Pole/ - /Ravagers
    Heca/Gorget/Triumph(Vampire)/Brutal
    Ebody/Heca/Rajas/Triumph
    Foragers/Warwolf(WAR Stone)/Byakko/Heca

As where to go from there, I'm not too sure what to upgrade to and still obtain a 5 hit. Still missing VV/RR for atma, but I'm hoping to pick those up very soon either through my shell or rounding up a shout group (). Any advice or opinions would greatly appreciated.
    Too lazy to look at the TP build right now, but some tweaks:
    Head: Rava+2 > Varangian (if you have no acc issues using it) > hecatomb
    Body: Zahak's > Perle > E. Body
    Hands: Heafoc > Alky > Hecatomb
    Ring: Epona's ring > Vulcan > Triumph
    Back: Smilodon +1 is probably better while attack capped, Atheling is probably best when uncapped (and may be better while capped, not sure).
    Waist: WS belt > Warwolf
    Legs, not too sure on, but with RR, you should be capped on dDEX, so Teutates Subligar are probably better; without RR Haidate probably win

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Vit+5 Dex+5 vs Str+3 Vit+2 for A.Fury?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Str+3 Vit+2

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Full tantra +2 set vs. 4/5 +2 and brisk mask? Speaking of full set, anyone know the % proc with 5/5?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Continuing the topic of WAR stuff:

For atma, should I (RR/VV assumed) SQ and use non-stp gear or Apoc and use stp gear? Kinda addicted to that autoreraise

If non-stp gear is assumed, Cavaros or Atheling for TP/WS?

Why is VV assumed?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by orangefoodie View Post
    Continuing the topic of WAR stuff:

For atma, should I (RR/VV assumed) SQ and use non-stp gear or Apoc and use stp gear? Kinda addicted to that autoreraise
    Probably Apoc as long as you can keep your 5-hit build.

Cavaros or Atheling for TP/WS?
    Yes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Atma for a scythe or great sword using Dark Knight (so no crit WS)? Been having trouble deciding.

Need to pick three, and the good ones I'm looking at are Voracious Violet, Razed Ruin, Alpha and Omega, Apocalypse, and Griffon's Wing.

Griffon's Wing is +10 to scythe and great sword skill, and +20% to weaponskill damage.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Too lazy to look at the TP build right now, but some tweaks:
    Head: Rava+2 > Varangian (if you have no acc issues using it) > hecatomb
    Body: Zahak's > Perle > E. Body
    Hands: Heafoc > Alky > Hecatomb
    Ring: Epona's ring > Vulcan > Triumph
    Back: Smilodon +1 is probably better while attack capped, Atheling is probably best when uncapped (and may be better while capped, not sure).
    Waist: WS belt > Warwolf
    Legs, not too sure on, but with RR, you should be capped on dDEX, so Teutates Subligar are probably better; without RR Haidate probably win
    War can't wear Epona's, and Cavaros' crushes Smilo+1 for crit weaponskills. For legs I'd put Hachiryu and Ares's over Teutates.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDI View Post
    Why is VV assumed?
    Should I not be? I've only recently dusted off my war so I have close to no idea what I should do.

Cavaros or Atheling for TP/WS?
    Yes.
    so... cavaros for capped attack and atheling for rest?

RR/GH are usually on me when I'm war, and then I pick a third depending on the situation. If I'm there just to proc red on something and we're worried about it dieing too fast before proccing red/blue/yellow i like regain atmas. I guess it also depends on how many Furtherance abyssites you have, at this point getting +40 str just from cruor buffs alone makes the +50 str on VV less valuable. So not saying VV is garbage, just saying I definitely wouldn't assume its always the best to have on for WAR.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Leveling THF, and I just got over the 75 mark. I have two headpieces at my disposal, but unsure which would be better for WS. I could use Hecatomb Cap +1 (+12 STR, +6 DEX) or I could use Anwig Salade ( +4 STR, +4 AGI, +2% WS Damage, +15 Weapon Skill Acc).

Atm, I'm leaning towards the Heca Cap +1, but not 100% sure on that decision. Anyone longtime THF's know which stat spread would pull ahead for sure?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast