BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by etelosbo View Post
    Looking to get some Heafoc Mitts, What is a good strat for Ruminator? Without blue are the mitts a really uncommon drop?
    Got mine the other night. Ridiculously easy. mnk + whm

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

A question for those who dualbox and use wardrobe...how do you get it to pick up the 2nd char? I've been having trouble because whenever i hit "select new process" and the mule's name, it does nothing halp D:

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiyne View Post
    I've searched around but I haven't been able to find this yet: what is the "Enhances Dual Wield effect" on Charis Casaque +1 / +2?

Or, how would I go about testing this? I'm one seal away from being done.
    Hit something exactly 10 times, record TP return, we can work it out from there. Record dagger delays, any DW gear you're wearing, and any STP you're wearing (naked is easiest obv). We can back-calculate it from there.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Few questions pertaining to Brygid the Stylist Strikes Back

1.) What gear does the npc ask for if on blm or rdm?

2.) Friend is 0/200+ on refresh subligar, what kind of numbers are other people seeing?

3.) Do you have to zone to repeat?

4.) Is subligar reward 100%?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Some questions about treasure hunter. Since the update, I've noticed when a THF main hits a mob, a message comes up in log saying what amount of treasure hunter has been applied. I'm farming some stuff as /THF, and I never see any message. Am I still getting TH while it's subbed? What is different or better about that message in the log from THF main?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Some questions about treasure hunter. Since the update, I've noticed when a THF main hits a mob, a message comes up in log saying what amount of treasure hunter has been applied. I'm farming some stuff as /THF, and I never see any message. Am I still getting TH while it's subbed? What is different or better about that message in the log from THF main?
    Did you not read update notes? :/

THF main can increase level of TH by hitting the mob. The message only comes up when the TH level increases. So if they have TH4, and hit the mob enough for it to increase, it will say it's TH5. Message doesn't show up if you don't increase the level, and you can't increase it /thf, so you're still getting your normal TH1 or TH2.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I did read it, but I didn't fully understand what it meant that the THF was actually "increasing" it beyond the base. My initial understanding was that the way TH was being calculated in general had changed. Thanks for clearing it up though.

On the Couch
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Hit something exactly 10 times, record TP return, we can work it out from there. Record dagger delays, any DW gear you're wearing, and any STP you're wearing (naked is easiest obv). We can back-calculate it from there.
    OK, doing something else atm but I'll do it and post my results later. Follow-up question: any idea what the "Enhances Striking Flourish effect" might be? I played around with low level mobs but didn't see anything different (same damage, same forced DA one time, same TP return, etc.).

Ksandra's other pussy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tingil Conran
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do you still get XP/drops when Death procs from Twilight Scythe?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    Do you still get XP/drops when Death procs from Twilight Scythe?
    Yes

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Does the regen from Invigorate stack with other Regen from rdm, whm, sch, etc?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Does the regen from Invigorate stack with other Regen from rdm, whm, sch, etc?
    No.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Ok, so looks like I'm finally going to get started on Chloris. Only reason I haven't started yet is the KI's, but w/e. How bad are drop rates w/o red !!? For farming KIs will only have me and a no atma taru char that belongs to a friend of mine. That being said, only 2/11 WS that I'll have access to.

When it comes to actual chloris can prolly get a whm to come throw some c5s for me, but as far as KI farming goes, how long of a road am I looking at here?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

idk if this is much help, but, definitely also cap your amber when you're spending time in Tahrongi. Getting key items here and there while you're also fighting the NMs also speeds it up, but I guess that's kind of obvious ._.

When I was doing Glavoid, in like 2 hours of farming gold boxes I barely got any Chloris pops at all D: I kinda also want to do the MNK weapon, but trying to farm Chloris scares the shit out of me. Same with WAR weapon and Glavoid :< which is sad because the sandworm is so easy (wamoura not so much, but still)

edit: I guess my post isn't very useful, sorry :/ I'm also curious on some answers, I guess.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

My normal laptop sent in for repair and wont expect it back for 2+ weeks, currently using my older one.

Would an ATI Mobility Radeon X300 graphics card be powerful enough to run FFXI? (Even if I have to play at lowest settings)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When are we going to hear something about the future of FFXI? With the exception of 90-99, we've basically done everything from last year's Vana'fest. I'm curious to see where we're going since there is a new team, etc.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

gearing for blade: hi: how much should AGI take precedence over STR, attack, etc? this is assuming use of gnarled horn and either razed ruins or sanguine scythe.
    AGI is such a weird modifier, aside from seiryu's kite it's hard to think of any standout pieces

dont really need str or attack in abyssea with cruor buffs and berserk or stalwarts and red curry buns. bersail cap or nin hatusburi +1 are good choices, lokis kaftan, crudelis belt or appropriate elemental waist piece, hachiryu feet/lithe boots, ambushers hose, brutal, drone/suppa, qirmiz tathlum, i use cavaros so i believe crit hit dmg should be capped without having to use sanguine scythe.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Ok, so looks like I'm finally going to get started on Chloris. Only reason I haven't started yet is the KI's, but w/e. How bad are drop rates w/o red !!? For farming KIs will only have me and a no atma taru char that belongs to a friend of mine. That being said, only 2/11 WS that I'll have access to.

When it comes to actual chloris can prolly get a whm to come throw some c5s for me, but as far as KI farming goes, how long of a road am I looking at here?
    KI's seem to be about 50% without flagging red. i think our worst streak, when vision areas had just come out and we knew jack shit about flagging, was 1/14.
    chloris sets seem to be the worst to put together. we did h2h and scythe back-to-back, and that was pretty brutal. by comparison, dagger is going very quickly (although abyssite of discernment, lv 90, and 1 minute ??? repops make a big difference as well.) without flagging red and not much DD, not gonna lie, it's gonna take a long time. my advice would be to try to find 3 or 4 people, including a war and a nin, and make a static to get each person an empyrean. even if you have to wait to finish other people's weapons first, it'll probably be about as quick, and you'll have more fun ^^

edit: as far as amber light goes, with only 2 people, it's not really feasible to spend that much time building it, unless you want to spend a lot of time just killing for te's and lucky gold boxes. the best thing to do, imo, is get a little azure from emphemerals, then cap it and pearl on NMs and hope for enough TEs to stay afloat. the problem with tahrongi is very few mobs actually give amber light, so you really have to go out of your way to build it, and then when it's capped, you won't get nearly as many TEs.

posting for friend. For brewing shin what is best dark ws? I know sams have Jinpu that does 10-20k but what about darks? Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast