Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Anyone know if the 'full inventory' trick works on ops seals?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never got a "full inventory! sucks for you." message when I had full inventory. I just got nothing.

That a requirement for it to work or...?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Best way to farm Coins of Advancement?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Get a group and do slime runs. Just sac pull the bosses, kill them, get coins, get final chest, exit and wait half an hour and repeat.

Do gold chests in grauberg/altepa drop the Caturae pops, or do I have to do the pre-req NMs? (I'm assuming they don't, just want to make sure)

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Get a group and do slime runs. Just sac pull the bosses, kill them, get coins, get final chest, exit and wait half an hour and repeat.

Do gold chests in grauberg/altepa drop the Caturae pops, or do I have to do the pre-req NMs? (I'm assuming they don't, just want to make sure)
    They don't

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Asmoranomar View Post
    That a requirement for it to work or...?
    The "trick" only discards the seals you would have received instead of giving you the one you want.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Maguile View Post
    Best way to farm Coins of Advancement?
    If solo or just going with a couple of randoms, just switch between crabs and antlions. Do whichever you hate less the most.

Best option is to make a small group of 4-6, and zone clear slimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    The "trick" only discards the seals you would have received instead of giving you the one you want.
    And thus lowers the maximum # of outcomes available, increasing the frequency of what you do want.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Easiest and quickest way to farm blm, whm, brd, mnk, nin body seals(+1)?
    Easiest and quickest way to farm blm, whm, brd, mnk, nin body coins(+2)?

for proccing grellow, for example if it's iceday, only wind, ice, or lightning can proc it? use 1 of each element and I'll be guaranteed it from 1 of them?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'm pretty sure the game doesn't care if you have room for whatever it wants to give you. If you don't have space it'll just drop whatever seal you were going to get. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I don't see how that increases the frequency of anything.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Anyone do Amhuluk/Briareus/Caraboose after the patch and the whole "TP moves not ignoring height" thing? Still doable by MNK WHM or NIN WHM(for Briareus) as long as I stand max distance?

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    for proccing grellow, for example if it's iceday, only wind, ice, or lightning can proc it? use 1 of each element and I'll be guaranteed it from 1 of them?
    Assuming you have a BLM, BRD, and BLU, yes just cast each spell once and it'll be one of those elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I'm pretty sure the game doesn't care if you have room for whatever it wants to give you. If you don't have space it'll just drop whatever seal you were going to get. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I don't see how that increases the frequency of anything.
    Surprise! You misunderstand.

If you try to turn in a quest that has an item reward with a full inventory, it'll say something about sorting your inventory and trying again - you can't lose rewards because you were short space. As such, if you are trying for a rdm seal, and you are 80/80 with at least 1 rdm seal in your inventory, it'll complete the quest if you would get no reward, and it'll complete and autostack a rdm seal if you get that as a reward, but if you get say bst - it'll say sort your inventory and try again, and you can immediately attempt to complete the quest again. If you do the math, its not some huge increase in droprate, but it is an increase, and will slightly up the frequency of you getting the seal you want. If you want to assume its 60% nothing, 10% per seal, you go from a 10% chance to get the seal you want to a 10/70 = 14.3% chance to get the seal you want.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    And thus lowers the maximum # of outcomes available, increasing the frequency of what you do want.
    No lol

The way you tried to explain that in the past is just stupid.

If you'd normally get 10% chance of each seal, then that changes to 0% for the ones you don't want, and still 10% for the ones you do. It doesn't magically become 10/60 (or however many different seals drop from each quest)=16%. If you would have got something else, you just get nothing, it doesn't remove the chance of you getting it (though since your inventory is full, you won't get it, even if the dice roll says you should).

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    No lol

The way you tried to explain that in the past is just stupid.

If you'd normally get 10% chance of each seal, then that changes to 0% for the ones you don't want, and still 10% for the ones you do. It doesn't magically become 10/60 (or however many different seals drop from each quest)=16%. If you would have got something else, you just get nothing, it doesn't remove the chance of you getting it (though since your inventory is full, you won't get it, even if the dice roll says you should).
    I'm sorry you have no grasp on probability. If I tell you to roll a 6-sided die, and reroll any 6s, the chance you get a 1 is 1/5. This is exactly how it works, and for some reason you can't understand that. When you turn in and it gives you a beast seal, it says "sorry try again", and you try again. Seriously, go fucking turn in -any- quest with an item reward with a full inventory. It does not complete the quest, it tells you to make space and try again. I don't even use this trick, but it's happened to me spamming darkness earring quest multiple times - I'll turn in with 79/80, and if I were to get a seal, it won't complete at all and will tell me to try again. You don't magically lose the item, I'm sorry.

Edit: You're right -that for a particular turn-in, it's still 10%, but since it's rerolled instantly because the quest doesn't complete, you don't have to re-run or re-zone, etc, the NET result is exactly what I said, once the "rerolling" is done.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Do melee attacks always hit Cuelebre? Otherwiki is ambiguous, like always. I figure my MNK could deal enough damage with whm curing to kill it before anything bad could happen.

Banned.

BG Level

I'm sorry you have no grasp on probability. If I tell you to roll a 6-sided die, and reroll any 6s, the chance you get a 1 is 1/5. This is exactly how it works, and for some reason you can't understand that. When you turn in and it gives you a beast seal, it says "sorry try again", and you try again. Seriously, go fucking turn in -any- quest with an item reward with a full inventory. It does not complete the quest, it tells you to make space and try again. I don't even use this trick, but it's happened to me spamming darkness earring quest multiple times - I'll turn in with 79/80, and if I were to get a seal, it won't complete at all and will tell me to try again. You don't magically lose the item, I'm sorry.

Edit: You're right -that for a particular turn-in, it's still 10%, but since it's rerolled instantly because the quest doesn't complete, you don't have to re-run or re-zone, etc, the NET result is exactly what I said, once the "rerolling" is done.
    Except it doesn't reroll it, it just doesn't give you the item.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

No. You would have received the seal anyways, but instead, you receive nothing.

Edit: Rog ftw. No rerolls FM! And FM, you DO complete the quest. Just to add even more, the fact that you cannot redo the quest in Mis Coast is indication of this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast